LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Singletary wrong guy for Niners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Guys, Mike singletary is a great motivator and probably would be a good D-cord but is absolutely the Wrong head coach for this team, I love that he is bringing back toughness to this team that has truly been gone since the early 90"s and the departure of Ronnie Lott but he is TO conservative. The NFL is Not a smash mouth only league anymore. You can be a run team if you have a dominate D but we don't , so we need to score at least 21 points a game to even have a chance. I truly believe that we need to get Holmgren this coming offseason as GM, then after one or two more years of mediocrity we need to bring in an offensive minded coach who can build on the re-newed toughness and solid ground game ( I wish we could get Shanahan but he will be long gone ). I do believe that Scott Mac. has improved the team but we need a Walsh disciple to bring this team back. Unfortunately I see us at best as a .500 club we just don't have the D-line needed to get this thing over the Hump or the offensive philosophy to strike fear in anyone we play. If the niners get down 14points then what ? The ghost of Mike Nolan and his utter lack of offensive balls continues, martz at least gave this team some offensive identity.

He's currently sporting a winning record as a head coach. Let's watch a few more REGULAR SEASON games before we decide that's a fluke.
DELETE
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by luckofirish:
Guys, Mike singletary is a great motivator and probably would be a good D-cord but is absolutely the Wrong head coach for this team, I love that he is bringing back toughness to this team that has truly been gone since the early 90"s and the departure of Ronnie Lott but he is TO conservative. The NFL is Not a smash mouth only league anymore. You can be a run team if you have a dominate D but we don't , so we need to score at least 21 points a game to even have a chance. I truly believe that we need to get Holmgren this coming offseason as GM, then after one or two more years of mediocrity we need to bring in an offensive minded coach who can build on the re-newed toughness and solid ground game ( I wish we could get Shanahan but he will be long gone ). I do believe that Scott Mac. has improved the team but we need a Walsh disciple to bring this team back. Unfortunately I see us at best as a .500 club we just don't have the D-line needed to get this thing over the Hump or the offensive philosophy to strike fear in anyone we play. If the niners get down 14points then what ? The ghost of Mike Nolan and his utter lack of offensive balls continues, martz at least gave this team some offensive identity.

If you want to discuss other coaches, etc...feel free to do so in the NFL forum where it belongs. I can't believe I have to say this before the season even starts, but...until there is talk that Singletary is on his way out, we will not be discussing his replacement!

If you have any questions, PM me.
Share 49ersWebzone