LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Jason Hill vs Jerry Sullivan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If it was up to Jerry Sullivan, Bryan Gilmore would still be on the team
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Jerry Sullivan is a failure and one of the worst members of the 49ers staff IMO.

Failure is what he's had to work with.

Jesus himself couldn't make these guys any better. Then throw in the poor o-line and QB play. What can Sullivan really do?
Originally posted by krizay:
Jerry Sullivan is a failure and one of the worst members of the 49ers staff IMO.

Jesus himself couldn't make these guys any better. Then throw in the poor o-line and QB play. What can Sullivan really do?

So the guy gets a 5 or 6 year free pass?

The QB play....the oline play....and the WR play.....overall did great the final 8 games of last season......so I hope Jesus doesn't wait till week 8 to come lift us again.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 5, 2009 at 12:09:12 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

Free pass? What exactly is he doing wrong? Not turning 4th, 5th and 6th rounders into pro bowlers with Rattay, Smith, Dilfer, Hill and O'Sullivan at QB?

Yea it's Sullivan's fault!
Why he has not gotten fired yet, i dont get. He hasnt done s**ttttt for any of our WR's
Originally posted by susweel:
Sulivan for all of his reputation as a good WR coach hasn't really developed any of them for the niners.

Have you forgotten Taylor Jacobs and Bryan Gilmore?

Wow ------ it seems pretty popular to get after Sullivan in here. What WR's has he failed to make effective with the 49ERS that then went elsewhere and became productive for another team ?????? Help me out here.

Seriously...this guy has produced nothing here. Josh Morgan is something special..NOT because of Sullivan. Same as Bruce...the dude needs to be fired!
I really like Hill, as he is sure handed and runs crisp routes. With Bruce retiring next year and Battle's contract expiring (though we've learned to never count him out) keeping a solid possession receiver is key. A young WR corps of Crabtree, Morgan, Jones, and Hill is pretty strong.

The thing that gets me about Hill is that he never played under Nolan, who favored the likes of DJack, Lelie, Gilmore, and Jacobs in front of him. He finally gets his chance late last year, catches 30 balls in essentially half a season, and routinely comes up with clutch plays. Come this offseason, with an injured Jones and absent Crabtree and he barely gets a chance. The guy obviously wants to play for the niners, and is a gamer. Its just another personnel move that doesn't make sense.

Jason Hill looked pretty good last night but I think he hurt himself when he had hamstring problems early on in OTA's and kinda fell behind the depth chart. If Crabtree doesen't sign next week, I do think J Hill will make the team but he is on borrowed time.
Originally posted by susweel:
Sulivan for all of his reputation as a good WR coach hasn't really developed any of them for the niners.

He has been the Niner receiver coach for years and for years our receivers have been awful.

Perhaps Jesus couldn't make them better. But Jerry Rice could.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

Free pass? What exactly is he doing wrong? Not turning 4th, 5th and 6th rounders into pro bowlers with Rattay, Smith, Dilfer, Hill and O'Sullivan at QB?

Yea it's Sullivan's fault!

WHAT IS HE DOING RIGHT?! Our receivers haven't done anything since he's been here. If you're going to say we have crappy receivers that's not true because he has a say into what type of players we should go after via free agency, the draft or trade.

[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Sep 5, 2009 at 13:05:37 ]
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Jason Hill looked pretty good last night but I think he hurt himself when he had hamstring problems early on in OTA's and kinda fell behind the depth chart. If Crabtree doesen't sign next week, I do think J Hill will make the team but he is on borrowed time.

Yeah I agree. Crabtree falling to us really made the WR depth chart smaller for J. Hill. We signed B. Jones not knowing that Crabtree would be selected. That's all great that Hill had a great 2nd half of the season but between then and now we got two guys that are expected to put bigger numbers and get more playing time than him.

If Crab does sit out the season Hill will have a spot, but if he is bluffing and signs then those two guys will have to force Hill off the roster.
Share 49ersWebzone