There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jason Hill speaks after the game....weird situation.

i dont know why he isn't getting PT. when he is healthy he has produced. infact, i could make a good argument that he should be starting over josh morgan (who has been given MANY reps and hasn't done s**t this preseason).

get hill in the game. ridiculous that he was even considered a cut
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by luis1985:
Its Sullivan's fault he has favorites... and he likes to pick who are the WR that join the team. Remember when it was leaked that some of the staff was upset that Brandon Jones was signed? I bet its that a-hole Sullivan. He likes to influence the coaches IMO about the WR and stuff and I hope Sing sees pass that and makes his own decision.

Ă€nother reason why we should've kept Martz. He showed that he was willing to overrule Sullivan.

Or does anyone think that, had it been Sullivan's call we would have seen that heavy dose of Morgan/Hill/Zeigler we saw at the end of last season?

Sullivan seems like he's a control freak. He wants every receiver to learn things his way, and if they don't, he puts them in the dog house. They stop getting reps and Sullivan probably talks up the brown nosers while putting down the guys not totally with his program, regardless of the talent of that player.

The All-Sullivan Team aka Brown Nosers - Taylor Jacobs, Arnaz Battle, Bryan Gilmore, Dominique Zeigler, Curtis Conway, Johnny Morton

Sullivan's Dog House - Ashley Lelie, Antonio Bryant, Jason Hill

I gotta agree. This is becoming a pattern for sullivan of alienating a receiver because he has his guy he wants to succeed. So if Hill gets cut and Spurlorck or Zeigler make the roster instead would they be considered Suiiy guys? I like Jason and I agree he hasn't had the oppurtunities this preseason. That said he is behind Bruce,Battle and Morgan on the depth chart and if Crabtree signs will most likely be behind him too.

Do you have a link or are you just assuming ? Maybe those players who see little to no PT is because said players run sloppy/poor routes and have not shown a great work ethic on and off the field ? You have to earn PT not have it handed to you based on draft or contract status.

No link. I'm going by what I have read in the past. There was the Lelie situation where Lelie was completely healthy and he refused to play him. He plays Taylor Jacobs and we go out of our way to resign Brian Gilmore and start each of them over Lelie? Both of them end up being total flops. I'm just questioning Sullivan's judgement at this point. Hill showed at the end of last season that when given the reps he can produce but throughout this whole preseason he hasn't had much oppurtunities.

Sullivan was not the OC or HC so at the end of the day he had input but it was not his final call to play those guys over Lelie.

FWIW Lelie has been a total flop since he left us so what makes one believe he would have lit it up ?

I never said Lelie was going to light it up. Read what I posted. I said that Jacobs and Gilmore started ahead of Lelie because of Sully's poor judgement on his evaluation of the players. Who did Rex Ryan say their defense was afraid of playing against that year? Lelie ! Not Jacobs, Not Gilmore. You are right , sully was not the OC or the HC but look who was OC- Hostler, HC-Nolan. Two coaches that knew nothing about offense and relied on their position coaches for input heavily.
Unless our WR show some major development this season,I'm still gonna question how effective a coach he is.
Well if crabtree signs he might still be cut so who knows!
i think jason hill IS a playmaker and he can be just as good as isaac bruce if not better... not h.o.f. bruce... but current niner bruce.... hill has shown he can run routes very well and make clutch plays..... just like bruce, even commentators confuse the two. i think we should get bruce less involved and play hill more.
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
i think jason hill IS a playmaker and he can be just as good as isaac bruce if not better... not h.o.f. bruce... but current niner bruce.... hill has shown he can run routes very well and make clutch plays..... just like bruce, even commentators confuse the two. i think we should get bruce less involved and play hill more.

Yeah, but Bruce has proven himself over many years, including playoff games and superbowls.

Hill has shown flashes of potential.

You can hardly compare at this point.
you cannot put Jason Hill on Bruce's level, BUT Hill has improved alot and can play. Expect to see him catch 3-6 td 's
Bruce will be gone next year. Just have a little more patience, Jason.
i think Hill looked better than morgan last year, he'll be just fine. Morgan looked really good but Hill was very good too and he was more consistent. Im glad the niners didnt do anything stupid and cut this guy
If your recievers are passionate, you always will have 3-4 guys complaining about not getting enough reps. They all can't be starters.
i kindda wished bruce was gone. just so our young WR's can get more reps.
I hope he's still angry and he takes it out on the opponents. That'll show the 9ers; that'll show them real good.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
I hope he's still angry and he takes it out on the opponents. That'll show the 9ers; that'll show them real good.

He could use a little bit of fire in him. Definitely has the physical tools.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i kindda wished bruce was gone. just so our young WR's can get more reps.

If Bruce was gone, we would only have 1 WR that has done anything this offseason on our current squad, Battle. Zeigler looked good, but was sent to the PS!

[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Sep 9, 2009 at 10:58:19 ]
  • Mex49
Jerry Sullivan is a FAIL
Originally posted by Mex49:
Jerry Sullivan is a FAIL
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home