There are 188 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The only time I've ever rooted against the 49ers.......

Originally posted by nflguy49:
It's easy to spot the fans that are too young to realize what Montana meant to this franchise.

this

Originally posted by nflguy49:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by niners94:
No player is bigger than the Niners.

Montana was Mr 49er. He's the exception.

this

I've said this before and I'll say it again: There are two... only two... 49ers I'd take a bullet for: Joe Montana & Ronnie Lott. I'd push them out of the way, diving CIA-style, screaming in slow motion: "Nooooooooooooo!"

In fact, I practice my Joe/Ronnie life-saving techniques at home, constantly, in case that day ever comes.

I still remember Joe's last game with us.... it was against Detriot, I believe....

it was quite sad for me because it seemed like he was trying to show his scrambling ability in that game...it seemed like he was trying to let folks know that Steve Young wasn't the only one who could run. It was a tough time to be a fan....
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
This was also the year the niners won the superbowl. They made the right choice by getting rid of joe.

No....this is the year we bought the superbowl....we would've won it with steve or joe.

I disagree 100% Montana wouldnt have beaten the Cowboys in 92 or 93 either. It was Youngs time and team...
Originally posted by Faithful1978:
This was also the year the niners won the superbowl. They made the right choice by getting rid of joe.

No....this is the year we bought the superbowl....we would've won it with steve or joe.

I disagree 100% Montana wouldnt have beaten the Cowboys in 92 or 93 either. It was Youngs time and team...

-Joe had no business beating America's Team & The Doomday Defense

-Joe had no business beating Marino's "high powered" offense

-Everyone counted him out In '86, when he injured his back in week 1, and required immediate surgery; doctors strongly suggested he retire. Joe had no business returning to the field.

-When Joe was knocked out by Leonard Marshall and missed all of '91 and most of '92, he had no business coming back.

-Joe had no business leading the '93 Chiefs to their only AFC Championship game (post AFL). Nor did he have any business making the AFC Pro Bowl that year, either.

-KC's last playoff victory to date-- Joe had no business leading them to that, too.

So please, don't tell me with Joe Montana behind center, that you'd "100% guarantee" to count him out against any team. Besides, Steve was a wet, hot mess in the post-season in '92 & '93.

In '92 Steve had 4 turnovers in a 20-16 win over Washington, then against Dallas, we were tied 10-10 at halftime. In the 4th quarter Young threw 2 crucial INTs and we lost a very winnable game (by "Joe standards") by 10 AT home. Joe WINS that game.

In '93... Cowboys were tough, but so was Joe. Always.

FTW!

PS- You're able to change your username once. I suggest trying something without the word "Faithful" in it.

Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

-Everyone counted him out In '86, when he injured his back in week 1, and required immediate surgery; doctors strongly suggested he retire. Joe had no business returning to the field.

-When Joe was knocked out by Leonard Marshall and missed all of '91 and most of '92, he had no business coming back.

-Joe had no business leading the '93 Chiefs to their only AFC Championship game (post AFL). Nor did he have any business making the AFC Pro Bowl that year, either.

-KC's last playoff victory to date-- Joe had no business leading them to that, too.

So please, don't tell me with Joe Montana behind center, that you'd "100% guarantee" to count him out against any team. Besides, Steve was a wet, hot mess in the post-season in '92 & '93.

In '92 Steve had 4 turnovers in a 20-16 win over Washington, then against Dallas, we were tied 10-10 at halftime. In the 4th quarter Young threw 2 crucial INTs and we lost a very winnable game (by "Joe standards") by 10 AT home. Joe WINS that game.

FTW!

PS- You're able to change your username once. I suggest trying something without the word "Faithful" in it.

You are tell us that you cheer for another team and have the nerve to tell someone else that they are not Faithful
The difference between ME (A TRUE 49ER FAN) and YOU (A FAKE ASS 49ER FAN) is you were rooting for Montana to beat our team. I rooted for the 49ers to break his back again.

You are tell us that you cheer for another team and have the nerve to tell someone else that they are not Faithful

Wrong, but nice try. I rooted for 9ers to win that game. When it was over, I was happy for Joe, despite the blemish on our record, and was quietly happy that Joe showed the organization that he could still play.

But, I understand fully that it's an exception, and fault no one for rooting for Joe that day. In the end the, we did win... the trophy at the end.
Originally posted by GoldRush:
The difference between ME (A TRUE 49ER FAN) and YOU (A FAKE ASS 49ER FAN) is you were rooting for Montana to beat our team. I rooted for the 49ers to break his back again.

Classy.
  • ZRF80

FTW!

A little much, dont you think.

Any "fan" that would root for a player to get injured, especially a legend like Montana, isn't a fan of football. Period.
Originally posted by RDB4216:

Any "fan" that would root for a player to get injured, especially a legend like Montana, isn't a fan of football. Period.

I'm a 49ers fan, not a FOOTBALL fan.. a 49ERS FAN. get it right goof troop
Originally posted by ZRF80:

You're right. I made a mistake... by coming back into Niner Talk in the first place.

• ZRF80
Originally posted by ZRF80:

You're right. I made a mistake... by coming back into Niner Talk in the first place.

Dont get me wrong. I admire your passion for Joe Montana, but in all honesty....those Dallas teams were built specifically to counter ours. I dont think it wouldve mattered whether it was Young or Montana at the helm. We wouldve been beat by Dallas and Green Bay in the 90s each and every time. You also have to take note that as the years went by, front management did less and less to sustain a strong team around our offense. Except for the 1994 and 1997 seasons, all our squads had deficiencies (running game vs. defense) that turned out to be Achilles heels against the Cowboys and/or Packers. I wouldnt put the blame entirely on Young. He was, after all, the most accurate passer in history.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by niners94:
No player is bigger than the Niners.
I was hoping Joe would flop that day. I wasn't rooting for injuries, but I surely wasn't rooting against the Niners.