There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The only time I've ever rooted against the 49ers.......

Montana took the Chiefs to the AFC Title game in his his first yr with the team. The Chiefs had not been to the AFC championship game in a long long long time and have not been back since that year with Montana.

I will always remember his late game heroics against Denver in the reg season (last second winning td) and his 4th down td touchdown to tie the game in what would be a playoff victory over the steelers.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Montana took the Chiefs to the AFC Title game in his his first yr with the team. The Chiefs had not been to the AFC championship game in a long long long time and have not been back since that year with Montana.

I will always remember his late game heroics against Denver in the reg season (last second winning td) and his 4th down td touchdown to tie the game in what would be a playoff victory over the steelers.

Hell yes.

I Love You Bro Montana!!!

Originally posted by niners94:
No player is bigger than the Niners.
It's easy to spot the fans that are too young to realize what Montana meant to this franchise.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by niners94:
No player is bigger than the Niners.

Montana was Mr 49er. He's the exception.
Originally posted by Dino:
can't say i've rooted against any of my favorite sports teams
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
This was also the year the niners won the superbowl. They made the right choice by getting rid of joe.

No....this is the year we bought the superbowl....we would've won it with steve or joe.

[ Edited by Ninerbowl6 on Sep 5, 2009 at 13:24:26 ]
Even when Joe Montana left, I remained a Montana fan and I rooted for him in every single game except for when they played the 9ers. My love of the team exceeds my love for any player even a great one like Montana.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Sorry, but once Joe put on that Chiefs uniform he was an enemy.
Originally posted by got_five:
The one and only time I ever have and ever will root against the Niners was when we were playing Houston in the Reggie Bush bowl!! It was at the end of the year and I really wanted to lose so we could get him!!! but of course they got Mario anyways

I was just gonna say the same thing.
  • ZRF80
Irrelevant. I guess the game gave us some mini-excitement in the grand scheme of things. Remember, we were already penciled in to face off against the Cowboys in the NFC Champ. that year.

I, too, wanted to see Joe do well that year against us. But I was WAYYYY more excited to see the Niners-Boys game 2x that year.

Those were the days............
I will admit that the season before Reggie Bush came out I got caught up in the hype and really wanted Bush, I could never root against the Niners but when it got late in the season I didn't get mad when we lost
Rice was just as big for the niners as montana was but I still didn't root for the raiders.