LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Cornerback situation

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by BigMar:
Now imagine if we had any semblance of a 4 man rush. That secondary would be scary good.

Your assuming that Clements has not lost a step and will no longer get tourched in the long ball.

Let's hope that assumption is correct.

I guarantee you The Cards will make every effort to go deep, over the top against Clements until he proves otherwise, since Clements appears to have a problem right now.

i'm assuming the Pass rush covers up his mistakes by getting to the QB fast enough.

Pass Rush... we have one?
Now imagine if we had any semblance of a 4 man rush. That secondary would be scary good.

Your assuming that Clements has not lost a step and will no longer get tourched in the long ball.

Let's hope that assumption is correct.

I guarantee you The Cards will make every effort to go deep, over the top against Clements until he proves otherwise, since Clements appears to have a problem right now.

i'm assuming the Pass rush covers up his mistakes by getting to the QB fast enough.

Pass Rush... we have one?

oh boy. I said imagine if we had a good 4 man rush, the secondary would be good. I was assuming you were responding to that since you went and quoted it and all.

If we end up having a decent rush (regardless if it comes from scheme), it will cover the mistakes of the corners. Denver had no rush last year and it made bly and bailey look mediocre.
  • 49forLyfe
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by dj43:
Everybody needs to chill on Clements. He has not lost a step, nor has he forgotten how to play the position. Yes, he made some silly mistakes in practice games but that doesn't mean he is junk. Players frequently use these games to try different things. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Singletary knows what he is getting with Clements and he is obviously not worried.

Clements is one of the better corners in the league. He has never been in the class of a Champ Bailey but he is not chopped liver either. He IS one of the very best CBs in the league in run support. That is what you get with Nate Clements. He will get beat on a few occasions but so does even Champ Bailey on occasions.

dude are you serious... ONE OF THE BEST CORNERS IN THIS LEAGUE. Do you mean he get paid like a top corner. Or play like a top corner. Now were not talking about in run support alone. Overall and mainly in pass coverage. BELOW AVERAGE. He can be all the run stopper he wanna be. If he cant cover downfield and keeps letting foke getting behind him... He'll be looking for a new job.
Originally posted by 49forLyfe:
a few weeks ago i posted "will clements be unseated" and i think the ENTIRE bashed me and told me i was crazy. He is the best corner we have..... BULLSHHHH. He is burnt toast. Looks like ya man lockdown aint locking down nothing but some BIGG $$$$... He suck imo. To me it don"t matter who plays corner. Just someone who can stick by their man. I said in my post that he wolud be asked to take a huge pay cut to remain or just simply get cut. Bly Brown & obviosly Spencer looks just fine to me buttt aka LOCKDOWN is a joke and will exposed this season.

• 49forLyfe
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
a few weeks ago i posted "will clements be unseated" and i think the ENTIRE bashed me and told me i was crazy. He is the best corner we have..... BULLSHHHH. He is burnt toast. Looks like ya man lockdown aint locking down nothing but some BIGG $$$$... He suck imo. To me it don"t matter who plays corner. Just someone who can stick by their man. I said in my post that he wolud be asked to take a huge pay cut to remain or just simply get cut. Bly Brown & obviosly Spencer looks just fine to me buttt aka LOCKDOWN is a joke and will exposed this season.

wats that pose to mean...
  • dj43
Everybody needs to chill on Clements. He has not lost a step, nor has he forgotten how to play the position. Yes, he made some silly mistakes in practice games but that doesn't mean he is junk. Players frequently use these games to try different things. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Singletary knows what he is getting with Clements and he is obviously not worried.

Clements is one of the better corners in the league. He has never been in the class of a Champ Bailey but he is not chopped liver either. He IS one of the very best CBs in the league in run support. That is what you get with Nate Clements. He will get beat on a few occasions but so does even Champ Bailey on occasions.

dude are you serious... ONE OF THE BEST CORNERS IN THIS LEAGUE. Do you mean he get paid like a top corner. Or play like a top corner. Now were not talking about in run support alone. Overall and mainly in pass coverage. BELOW AVERAGE. He can be all the run stopper he wanna be. If he cant cover downfield and keeps letting foke getting behind him... He'll be looking for a new job.
My wife, the Language Arts teacher is just sad when she trys to read things like this. I won't try.

My wife, the Language Arts teacher is just sad when she trys to read things like this. I won't try.

good thing she's not a spelling teacher (it's "tries")
  • 49forLyfe
  • Info N/A

who cares what ur wife does or wher she teach or even what she teach... this is the zone dude not a MF spelling bee. I can make sure every SINGLE word is correct if u want me 2.... yeah right....... damn you!!!
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

good thing she's not a spelling teacher (it's "tries")
  • dj43

who cares what ur wife does or wher she teach or even what she teach... this is the zone dude not a MF spelling bee. I can make sure every SINGLE word is correct if u want me 2.... yeah right....... damn you!!!
OK. I'll back up a bit since you are new to this board. I'll offer a bit of advice, if you are interested, which is perhaps what I should have done the first time instead of what I said:

As a general rule, if you want people to read and respect what you say here, you will find that taking the time to construct sentences properly, and to use spell check if you are not sure how to spell a word, will result in your posts being taken more seriously than would be the case if people have a difficult time trying to understand what you are saying due to multiple spelling and grammar errors.

Trust me, I've been on this board quite a while and seen a lot of posters come and go and what I said will make your time here more enjoyable.

Cheers.

EDIT: And take the time to go back and edit if you find a mistake after your initial post.

[ Edited by dj43 on Sep 8, 2009 at 14:31:35 ]

Share 49ersWebzone