There are 535 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Random former 49er appreciation thread.

Kirk Scrafford- Play LT, RT, LG and RG and played them really well. Derrick Deese was also versatile but he wasn't the player Kirk Scrafford was.

Zack Bronson- For a 2-3 year span he was one of the best FS in the NFL, man was he a playmaker for us back in the secondary and an all-around good football player.
Fred Beasley
Jesse Sapolu. That dude rocked.

Timmy Mac, too. He'd straight knock MFers OUT.
Thank you Steve Wallace for defying physics and proving that it is possible to wear 2 football helmets at the same time.

Wait -- are we all supposed to appreciate Ray Brown in this thread, or any random 49er we want to mention????

I must be bored...
Originally posted by Xestenz:
Wait -- are we all supposed to appreciate Ray Brown in this thread, or any random 49er we want to mention????

I must be bored...

I thought it was supposed to be one guy a day, but then I saw others besides Ray Brown so I thanked Steve Wallace. Thanks Steve
John Ayers.

RIP

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's Ray Brown's day.

Without a heads up play by this guy, history may have been alot different.

Wright deserves his props, IMO.
EDDIE D JERRY JONES WISHES HE WAS YOU !
BILL WALSH "THE" Genius
RONNIE LOTT " THE HAMMER OF THE 80's"
JOHN TAYLOR " UNDERRATTED "
Charlie Gardner. Dude played decent here for the 2 years he was here for. He had a 200 yard rushing game vs. dallas in the T.O. star game
John Taylor #82
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by valrod33:

If he doesnt break his ankle against the falcons in the playoffs, we play the Broncos in the superbowl and get Championship number 6

Damn -- I hate it when I'm reminded of this. Number 1 rushing attack in the NFL, Steve Young at his peak, and one of the best defenses we ever had.

We were robbed!

Thank you, though, to the great Garrison Hearst!

Best defense ? Not even close. One of the worst defenses of the dynasty era....
Chet Brooks, man he was a great Strong Safety. He played great next to Ronnie Lott. He was on the team when the Niners won back to back Super Bowls. Unfortunately his career got cut short just like the guy he replaced (Jeff Fuller).

[ Edited by BasharCali49 on Sep 5, 2009 at 20:27:34 ]
THANKS!!

Gary Plummer #50 & Ken Norton, Jr. #51

though they were free agent additions...they both were 2 awesome additions to our LB core & last SB run!...
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by valrod33:

If he doesnt break his ankle against the falcons in the playoffs, we play the Broncos in the superbowl and get Championship number 6

Damn -- I hate it when I'm reminded of this. Number 1 rushing attack in the NFL, Steve Young at his peak, and one of the best defenses we ever had.

We were robbed!

Thank you, though, to the great Garrison Hearst!

Best defense ? Not even close. One of the worst defenses of the dynasty era....

You are right. Was thinking of 1997 when we ranked #1 overall in YPG and allowed only 256 points.

Lost to GB that year.