LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by King49er:
Did he sign yet?

He signed the credit card receipt at his birthday party.
Originally posted by PTulini:
NOOOOOO!!!!! Say it isn't so...

Quote:
Wed. Sep 16, 2009

News: According to the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, 49ers' team president Jed York has informed Michael Crabtree and his agent, Eugene Parker, that he would like to meet with the pair in person to discuss the contract negotiations. York told the paper that he hadn't received a response from the Crabtree camp.

Impact: Maybe York thinks he can persuade Crabtree and Parker to take the deal that is on the table if he speaks to them face-to-face. We doubt it, although it has been rumored that the Niners may be getting close to caving to the receiver's demands. We will continue to monitor the situation going forward, and we will let you know if anything changes. (Fanball, 10:21am)

Michael Crabtree- Player Profile (FoxSports.com)

I'm gonna call BS on the article. It will be fail on the front office if this actually happens..

-9fA
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Did he sign yet?

but no contract with the 49ers?
Did he sign yet?

Not yet.
Did he sign yet?

Not yet.

aww fiddlesticks
I'm sorry but Jed York's request for a face to face meeting with Parker and Crabtree was sent off last week.. And still no response..

To me that's a couple of no class, disrespectful mofo's...

Let Crabtree rot!
Originally posted by PTulini:
NOOOOOO!!!!! Say it isn't so...
Quote:
Wed. Sep 16, 2009 News: According to the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, 49ers' team president Jed York has informed Michael Crabtree and his agent, Eugene Parker, that he would like to meet with the pair in person to discuss the contract negotiations. York told the paper that he hadn't received a response from the Crabtree camp. Impact: Maybe York thinks he can persuade Crabtree and Parker to take the deal that is on the table if he speaks to them face-to-face. We doubt it, although it has been rumored that the Niners may be getting close to caving to the receiver's demands. We will continue to monitor the situation going forward, and we will let you know if anything changes. (Fanball, 10:21am)
Michael Crabtree- Player Profile (FoxSports.com)

i would really hate to see us cave into his demands. do i want him on the 9ers? i guess. do i want to see a player cut who worked their ass off to make room for crabtree? no. do i want to see this team get pushed around by a slimeball agent and rookies have a grip on young jeds balls for the next 5 years? hell no. if that jerk parker doesnt want to meet with jed then forget crabtree. this is the san francisco 49ers, not the san francisco 40 million reasons for crabtree to sign.
If Jed sent messages to both of them and hasn't received any replies, F**k 'em both. IMO their agenda would be clear, hold out until week 10 and sign, or do the unthinkable and try to re-enter next years draft. As has been written many times, when he signs somebody that busted his butt throughout will be cut... What a disservice to that player. This is my first and only post regarding this twit. I think...lol
Come on Parker & Crabtree, you are gonna have to respond eventually to Jed York.
If he does refuse a sitdown a lot of teams will take notice of it and remember on draft day if he isnt traded to another team for draft pick.

Nobody wants to deal with his diva act, and when his stock falls he will kick himself for years for not taking the deal which will look like fort know compared to what he will be offered when he's drafted in the late first round or early second.

but knowing this douche bag he will then want #10 money because he was drafted #10 by us, I can picture this dumbass trying to pull that, then he will sit 2010 and enter the 2011 to get what he's worth

• obx49
  • Veteran
Quick question...

What happened to the last so-called superstar football player who was "disgruntled, offended, pissed or whatever" when the owner of the team asked for a face to face with the player and the player and/or the agent refused to talk to the owner?
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by scottha558:
If Jed sent messages to both of them and hasn't received any replies, F**k 'em both. IMO their agenda would be clear, hold out until week 10 and sign, or do the unthinkable and try to re-enter next years draft. As has been written many times, when he signs somebody that busted his butt throughout will be cut... What a disservice to that player. This is my first and only post regarding this twit. I think...lol

I think this is the real shame. It's not like we're carrying an extra receiver until Crabtree gets here. He would have been competing anyway and now somebody who has been busting his ass this whole time is going to get cut of put on the practice squad. As much as I'd like to see what Crabtree could do in our offense I'm torn due to his extreme immaturity. I understand a holdout until Raji gets his deal but to this extent? It's ridiculous.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If he doesn't sign by the bye week I don't think he's going to sign.
I can't say this more emphatically......

F**K CRABTREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had the money I would buy billboard space by the airport so I could tell him myself when he flew back from his birthday party.

He is either ball-less, clueless or crazy--either way he could not possibly be an asset to this team at this point. Trade him to the Skins, the Cowboys or the Raiders and let them reap the TO level headaches minus the TO level production and learn another hard lesson about drafting.
We should all send nice, respectful letters begging him to sign for the 49ers as it would make us extremeley happy. Then, proceed to include a picture of your cute 2 year old son in a 49er jersey, so that crabtree feels bad for holding out, and signs right away
Share 49ersWebzone