There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree Discussion Thread

At this point I like many hope his ego is actually big enough and he does sit out. Sure, it'd be great to have a receiver of his talent but the team doesn't need the drama. We've got Bruce, Morgan, Jones, Battle, and Spurlock...sure not necessarily a pro bowl lineup but definitely enough to get the job done. Especially considering Jones was the best looking receiver in camp before he got hurt.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Personally I would sign for $16,000,000.00 guaranteed but if they try to low ball me with $15,000,000.00 or even $15,999,999.99 I'd just go crash at Deion's couch this year. But I think the offer is solid.

Mike Silver reported reported that the Niners last offer was $1.00 less than Raji. If accurate he's turning down $17,699.999.00 . . . . but still $5.8M less than DHB.
According to ESPN's Rumor Central (part of ESPN Insider) As of this week, there was word that Michael Crabtree had relinquished his residence in the Bay Area, and had headed back to Texas. I can't post the link because it is a premium service, but I have not found any other source to confirm this! Take it for what its worth...
Originally posted by PTulini:
According to ESPN's Rumor Central (part of ESPN Insider) As of this week, there was word that Michael Crabtree had relinquished his residence in the Bay Area, and had headed back to Texas. I can't post the link because it is a premium service, but I have not found any other source to confirm this! Take it for what its worth...

Meh oh well. We should just trade him to detroit in March

i dont know if i see this turning out well... i know there are a lot of people like steve young for instance this morning saying hell eventually.

he is runing out of money !
Originally posted by cNiner:

and you came to this conclusion how? Maybe he has just decided not to sign. It would be fantastic if we some how won the superbowl this year Crabtree would be kicking himself in the arse

Well...he does have to support his boys....and his boy's boys....and his boy's boys' boys
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:

Well...he does have to support his boys....and his boy's boys....and his boy's boys' boys

And his boys with cocaine addictions.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

It's a reference to his college days when his place got raided by the cops and some people were arrested for drugs.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Sep 16, 2009 at 7:43 PM ]
  • NMNiner
  • Info N/A
Don't pay him we don't need him. Rookie wideouts rarely make an impact in their first year not to mention ones that haven't practiced. Besides if you pay him then every other draft pick will try to do the same. If we trade his rights away next year we could possible get a late first round pick out of it but at least a second. If we get lucky we could end up with 3 first round picks next year, one of which is the Panthers who have a really tough schedule and Delhomme playing like he is we could build our team in next years draft alone. Crabtree will only cause problems later with contract issues, we don't need another cry baby like T.O. Our team chemistry is good and one bad apple can screw it up.

How does this work with paying the 'agent'? Parker has been working for him for months now and Im sure he is not basing his own pay on Crabtree's package deal. I dont know but arent these agents worth like $100-$200 an hour? I want to know how parker is getting his; or maybe he's put Crabtree on the back burner until Crabtree opens up his s**t mouth. Maybe Parker is done working until Crabs makes his move. Pasrker sure does seem like he's taken a time-out
http://www.opensports.com/community/user/blog_entry/4/36e6728f-d005-4fde-908a-cb89a8e2ae0c

lol good read on the idiot that's holding out...we'll call him number 10

He can practice his Wonderlic test -- I took two sample Wonderlic tests and scored 8 out of 10 and 11 out of 15 respectively. That averages out to a score in the 30s. Crabtree scored a 15 on his Wonderlic test. That’s out of 50 mind you. Maybe getting a better score will help him move up in the draft.

Get a job at Subway -- The fast food chain endorsed Crabtree before the draft, but now that he isn’t a player, they probably don’t have much use for him. Of course, they won’t be willing to guarantee him around $15 million, more like $15/hour. That they can do.
Originally posted by NMNiner:
Don't pay him we don't need him. Rookie wideouts rarely make an impact in their first year not to mention ones that haven't practiced. Besides if you pay him then every other draft pick will try to do the same. If we trade his rights away next year we could possible get a late first round pick out of it but at least a second. If we get lucky we could end up with 3 first round picks next year, one of which is the Panthers who have a really tough schedule and Delhomme playing like he is we could build our team in next years draft alone. Crabtree will only cause problems later with contract issues, we don't need another cry baby like T.O. Our team chemistry is good and one bad apple can screw it up.

This.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home