LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is an interesting take on the Michael Crabtree situation.

Crabtree's Holdout Heightens Hype (09/16/09)
BREAKING NEWS

A frustrated Niner fan, President Obama has invited Jed York and Michael Crabtree to the White House for a beer.
Crabtree didn't deal with anything at TTU, he let other people handle everything.
All he did was go to class (most of the time haha) and play football and party a little bit.
I am convinced that he has taken an extremely hands-off approach and let his advisors run the process.
He was going to return to TTU for his JR season because he loved college until his advisors convinced him to go pro early.
They are running the entire process.
His dad pushed him to leave school early for the draft because several pre-draft "experts" thought he would be drafted in the top five.

Btw: In his VERY early mock draft (Jan 2009) Mel Kiper had Crabtree going #4 to the Seahawks.
[ Edited by nflguy49 on Sep 16, 2009 at 11:45 PM ]
  • DjRickett
  • Info N/A
Crabtree has to hold out for more money because if we all find out he SUCKS as a reciever in the NFL he won't have a chance at that bigger piece of the pie. Makes sense to me. Any team that signs this guy is taking a big risk with much needed salary cap money. 49ers are smart to start lowering their offer. Best case scenario is he is just really shrewd like my old gramps was and thinks every penny counts. Thats alright but gramps would never quit going to work because he didn't get as much money as some other guy. At this point the offer is just going down and there's no excuse for not being on the field. Pesonally if I was a young reciever I would jump at the chance to work with Issac Bruce for 18-20 mil. This guy might not be interested in getting better at football. He might think he already knows it all and no one can teach him anything. If thats the case he won't get to play much for our team anyway. Coach Singletary might want to include a personalized spot on the bench for Crabtree in that next contract offer.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
His dad pushed him to leave school early for the draft because several pre-draft "experts" thought he would be drafted in the top five.

Btw: In his VERY early mock draft (Jan 2009) Mel Kiper had Crabtree going #4 to the Seahawks.

He probably would have been if it wasn't for the foot. A man needs to be his own man and handle his business, not leave it up to others. That's just my opinion.
NOOOOOO!!!!! Say it isn't so...

Quote:
Wed. Sep 16, 2009

News: According to the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, 49ers' team president Jed York has informed Michael Crabtree and his agent, Eugene Parker, that he would like to meet with the pair in person to discuss the contract negotiations. York told the paper that he hadn't received a response from the Crabtree camp.

Impact: Maybe York thinks he can persuade Crabtree and Parker to take the deal that is on the table if he speaks to them face-to-face. We doubt it, although it has been rumored that the Niners may be getting close to caving to the receiver's demands. We will continue to monitor the situation going forward, and we will let you know if anything changes. (Fanball, 10:21am)

Michael Crabtree- Player Profile (FoxSports.com)
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
This face to face meeting stuff sounds all too familiar.

Hopefully Michael doesn't go all Corleone on the Niners. Jed should check the bathroom stalls.

Eddie D will be in town this weekend . . . Crabtree should be the one checking the bathroom . . . " . . . either your signature or your brains will be on this contract."

Yeah, how could anyone forget that Jed York is, after all, a DeBartolo, nephew of Don Eddie. Then BADABING! Jed would cap Eugene Parker then Cra$tree at the table then flee to Sicily.

Hahahaha my bad, got the roles reversed!
Originally posted by PTulini:

Quote:
Wed. Sep 16, 2009

News: According to the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, 49ers' team president Jed York has informed Michael Crabtree and his agent, Eugene Parker, that he would like to meet with the pair in person to discuss the contract negotiations. York told the paper that he hadn't received a response from the Crabtree camp.

Impact: Maybe York thinks he can persuade Crabtree and Parker to take the deal that is on the table if he speaks to them face-to-face. We doubt it, although it has been rumored that the Niners may be getting close to caving to the receiver's demands. We will continue to monitor the situation going forward, and we will let you know if anything changes. (Fanball, 10:21am)

Let's be honest the 49ers know what kind of receiver they drafted... and I still have faith he will be a 49er... He is going to be a stud whereever he plays...

Quote:
Wed. Sep 16, 2009

Man, I can't wait until this ordeal is done.. I can't stand hearing the same thing over and over.. Sources say this, rumor has it, .. If they do give in, would it really be exactly what he wants? I doubt it because then it would show Jed being a weak president giving in to players.. Now, a little bit higher of guaranteed money might help both sides..

I dunno......

Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
This face to face meeting stuff sounds all too familiar.

Hopefully Michael doesn't go all Corleone on the Niners. Jed should check the bathroom stalls.

Eddie D will be in town this weekend . . . Crabtree should be the one checking the bathroom . . . " . . . either your signature or your brains will be on this contract."

Yeah, how could anyone forget that Jed York is, after all, a DeBartolo, nephew of Don Eddie. Then BADABING! Jed would cap Eugene Parker then Cra$tree at the table then flee to Sicily.

Hahahaha my bad, got the roles reversed!

Actually, Jed would blast Parker and then flip the table over. Grab Crab by the throat, stick the gun to his head and scream "NOW YOU GONNA EFFIN' SIGN? HUH?!? YOU GONNA SIGN?!?"

Quote:
Wed. Sep 16, 2009

I don't know where they get their rumor sources from, since it was posted not that long ago that a "high ranking 49ers official" said they would go no higher than what the 9th pick is getting paid, as it would "set a precedent for years to come".

Please don't cave...
  • B650
  • Veteran

Quote:
Wed. Sep 16, 2009

I don't believe that. We might modify the offer, but we won't "cave in." The 49ers know that if they break the slot system, they're screwed next year (as are a lot of other franchises). Not going to happen. The 49ers even said this themselves.

I'd rather they just straight up release him than cave in to his demands. The punk isn't even responding to our OWNER. How disrespectful is that? We're the freaking 49ers. You should be happy to play for us. We're better off without him. Our problem isn't at WR anyway; it's our QB's ability to get our WRs the ball.
[ Edited by B650 on Sep 17, 2009 at 12:28 AM ]
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Quote:
Wed. Sep 16, 2009

Let's be honest the 49ers know what kind of receiver they drafted... and I still have faith he will be a 49er... He is going to be a stud whereever he plays...

If the 49ers cave, its lose lose for them in my opinion. If Crabtree turns out to be a great player, the Niners look like scrubs for delaying the "inevitable" and having their star Receiver miss camp and a few division games. If Crabtree turns out to be a bigger bust than the lovechild of Mike Williams and Peter Warrick, they look like scrubs for paying Crabtree $40 million.
Did he sign yet?
Share 49ersWebzone