LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sorry to be a little off topic, but can we agree to refer to Jed York as simply, "Jed"?

Calling him "York" just reminds me of his father too much.

We can also refer to him as "Eddie Jr."

Ok, back on Topic...

CRAPTREE SUCKS!!!!!!
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by King49er:
who wants to put money down that "he" doesn't even meet with York....

IF York can get him into a face to face meeting than I think a deal will get done very soon, but I'm just gonna assume that "he" tells York to f**k off

I think Parker figures there's not going to be a CBA in place next year, and its going to be a wide open, capless market that will allow Crabtree to get something closer to the $40m he's apparently seeking.

If that is what parker is thinking, he's sorely mistaken. If crabtree sits out, he will not accure a season, leaving him technically still a rookie. He goes back into the draft, he's still going to be apart of the Rookie Salary pool the NFL sets.

Quote:
When the NFL puts together its rookie salary pool - the cap within the cap that places some broad limits what teams can spend on its rookie class - the dollar amount is derived from where each team selects.

Each draft pick is assigned a figure based on where the selection was made. Each pick is assigned a dollar amount less than the previous slot. That, in itself, does not guarantee a slotting system that teams and players much follow, but it is certainly a guideline that has been the standard for as long as anyone can remember.

York offers to meet Crabtree, Parker in person.
This is the scenario I could see happening regarding Michael Crabtree...

I believe Crabtree will sign his revised contract offer soon. (possibly by this Sunday morning) At the very latest, I see him signing before Week 3 of the regular season. I think Crabtree is beginning to feel pressure from all parties involved. His character is being attacked with each passing day from various sources. Crabtree needs to sign with the 49ers in an effort to do a form of damage control and begin fixing his reputation around the league! I think Michael and his agent, Eugene Parker, now realize that the 49ers current offer is the best they are going to get.

If he does decide to sit out the season, I'm certain Crabtree will lose multiple endorsements and as a results lose millions of dollars all because of greed. (not just Crabtree's greed, but also his "advisors") Even if we were to trade Crabtree before the NFL Draft, I'm confident we would not get the same draft value in return. If he were to somehow re-enter the draft, his draft stock would plummet. As a result, Crabtree would still not get the contract he's currently seeking!

I still believe it is in the best interest of all parties involved that Michael Crabtree signs with the San Francisco 49ers. As far as his ego and character problems... I really think Michael Crabtree would be fine if we could get him away from the people giving him the bad advice. He is still a young, impressionable kid. I believe once he gets around his teammates and begins playing football again, Michael is different person. Look at how much Coach Singletary has helped to change Vernon Davis' outlook on the game. Why couldn't he do the same for Crabtree? Singletary and some of the players on this team could be good mentors for him. (Isaac Bruce, Takeo Spikes, Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis) Michael has all of the ability to be one of the greats, but now his character is in question. I firmly believe that can be fixed!

Now I know we won't immediately see him play, but I see him gradually being worked after our Week 6 Bye week. If we make the playoffs he could become a very valuble asset.

Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Sorry to be a little off topic, but can we agree to refer to Jed York as simply, "Jed"?

Calling him "York" just reminds me of his father too much.

We can also refer to him as "Eddie Jr."

Ok, back on Topic...

CRAPTREE SUCKS!!!!!!

So now we're referring to him as his uncle, who actually is a Jr. (Eddie Debartolo Jr.'s father is Eddie Debartolo Sr.).

I think York is just fine. We all know Dr. York isn't involved in day to day operations anymore, so it's safe to reference him by his last name.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
This is the scenario I could see happening regarding Michael Crabtree...

I believe Crabtree will sign his revised contract offer soon. (possibly by this Sunday morning) At the very latest, I see him signing before Week 3 of the regular season. I think Crabtree is beginning to feel pressure from all parties involved. His character is being attacked with each passing day from various sources. Crabtree needs to sign with the 49ers in an effort to do a form of damage control and begin fixing his reputation around the league! I think Michael and his agent, Eugene Parker, now realize that the 49ers current offer is the best they are going to get.

If he does decide to sit out the season, I'm certain Crabtree will lose multiple endorsements and as a results lose millions of dollars all because of greed. (not just Crabtree's greed, but also his "advisors") Even if we were to trade Crabtree before the NFL Draft, I'm confident we would not get the same draft value in return. If he were to somehow re-enter the draft, his draft stock would plummet. As a result, Crabtree would still not get the contract he's currently seeking!

I still believe it is in the best interest of all parties involved that Michael Crabtree signs with the San Francisco 49ers. As far as his ego and character problems... I really think Michael Crabtree would be fine if we could get him away from the people giving him the bad advice. He is still a young, impressionable kid. I believe once he gets around his teammates and begins playing football again, Michael is different person. Look at how much Coach Singletary has helped to change Vernon Davis' outlook on the game. Why couldn't he do the same for Crabtree? Singletary and some of the players on this team could be good mentors for him. (Isaac Bruce, Takeo Spikes, Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis) Michael has all of the ability to be one of the greats, but now his character is in question. I firmly believe that can be fixed!

Now I know we won't immediately see him play, but I see him gradually being worked after our Week 6 Bye week. If we make the playoffs he could become a very valuble asset.

Unless of course, Crabtree just doesn't want to play for the 49ers. He might not care about damage control or endorsements, or anything else for that matter. The guy doesn't seem too bright.
Sign and trade does not happen in the NFL.

Deadline to trade rookies has past.

Any talk about trading him now = FAIL
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Sign and trade does not happen in the NFL.

Deadline to trade rookies has past.

Any talk about trading him now = FAIL

true. but i think most are talking about trading him at the end of the season
lol @ talking about trading crabtree 6 months early. What a joke :(

Just f**king SIGN YOU b***hHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh
Lets not forget about Vikings OT Bryant McKinnie . He was the Minnesota Vikings 1st round pick in 2002. He held out and didn't sign his deal until right before Week 10! McKinnie has since gone on to have a successful NFL career and has been a Pro-Bowler.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninjaniner420:
they should make a deal with crabtree and sign his ass, then trade him to the cowboys for Roy Williams and maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick in next years draft. what do you think? week 6 is the trade deadline if i'm not mistaken.

what are you smokin?

if you were Jerry Jones... would you honestly make that trade

Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by King49er:
who wants to put money down that "he" doesn't even meet with York....

IF York can get him into a face to face meeting than I think a deal will get done very soon, but I'm just gonna assume that "he" tells York to f**k off

I think Parker figures there's not going to be a CBA in place next year, and its going to be a wide open, capless market that will allow Crabtree to get something closer to the $40m he's apparently seeking.

If that is what parker is thinking, he's sorely mistaken. If crabtree sits out, he will not accure a season, leaving him technically still a rookie. He goes back into the draft, he's still going to be apart of the Rookie Salary pool the NFL sets.

Quote:
When the NFL puts together its rookie salary pool - the cap within the cap that places some broad limits what teams can spend on its rookie class - the dollar amount is derived from where each team selects.

Each draft pick is assigned a figure based on where the selection was made. Each pick is assigned a dollar amount less than the previous slot. That, in itself, does not guarantee a slotting system that teams and players much follow, but it is certainly a guideline that has been the standard for as long as anyone can remember.

York offers to meet Crabtree, Parker in person.

What other reasonable explanation is there?

I don't buy the conspiracy theory (Dallas and Washington are secretly wooing Crabtree).

If the CBA expires and is not replaced with another, then the rookie salary pool is also out, isn't it?

If so, if its a wide open, free for all market for draft picks, then isn't that an agent's dream?

Presuming that Crabtree is "all that" and will be highly sought next year, then Parker doesn't care about signing him this year, he believes he'll have a highly sought after player in a "free agent" type market next year, and can envision getting Haynesworth type money for him.

Huge gamble/enormous blunder. But nothing else makes sense, to me.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by ninjaniner420:
they should make a deal with crabtree and sign his ass, then trade him to the cowboys for Roy Williams and maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick in next years draft. what do you think? week 6 is the trade deadline if i'm not mistaken.

what are you smokin?

if you were Jerry Jones... would you honestly make that trade

i think jerry jones is too football smart to make that trade. dan snyder on the other hand, that guy loves getting ripped off in trades. this trade cant happen midseason because we cant trade crabtree unless we sign him, we are eligible to trade his rights after march 1st. look for dan snyder around that time if it comes to that. i personally hope he signs but if he doesnt he'll be a redskin next year and the niners will be generously compensated for him
Trade him!!
Lets not forget about Vikings OT Bryant McKinnie . He was the Minnesota Vikings 1st round pick in 2002. He held out and didn't sign his deal until right before Week 10! McKinnie has since gone on to have a successful NFL career and has been a Pro-Bowler.

was the situation anything close to crabtree's ? it seems like this is the worst holdout ever and it's only been one game
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

was the situation anything close to crabtree's ? it seems like this is the worst holdout ever and it's only been one game

I did a quick search because I was curious as well. The situation appears to be quite a bit different. According to an ESPN article I read, the Vikings were lowballing McKinnie by offering him less than the player drafted after him.

Here are some quotes from an ESPN article:

"The Cowboys gave safety Roy Williams, the eighth pick in the draft, a nice contract. He received $9.3 million in signing bonus guarantees and about $12.4 million over the first three years.

That became the market. The Vikings, who drafted McKinnie ahead of the Dallas pick, said no to that market, and spent the summer offering $8.1 million in signing bonus, $1.2 million less than the Williams' deal."
Share 49ersWebzone