LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
The 49ers need to toughen their stance. What the hell is he doing in Texas, not responding to the 49ers? We have an important divisional game this week. He's probably partying and preparing for Texas Tech's game? I don't feel that there's any urgency to play. That's NOT the type of player I want on my team.

Seriously, enough is enough. This is becoming a circus. If I'm York, I tell Crabtree to either sign the damn offer by Sunday or the hold out will be permanent. If the dumbass wants to play for Dallas, then go play with Dallas next year and stop wasting our time. The bottom line is that he KNOWS the 49ers aren't going to budge. So now, it's just a matter of does he want to play for the 49ers or not? And judging by his actions, he doesn't. So forget the loser and move on. We got 53 other soldiers who are in this thing together. They're ready to play; he isn't. I think I'm starting to permanently hate him, and so is the rest of the nation.
Originally posted by King49er:
who wants to put money down that "he" doesn't even meet with York....

IF York can get him into a face to face meeting than I think a deal will get done very soon, but I'm just gonna assume that "he" tells York to f**k off
  • kirkfiege
  • Info N/A
You know what? I wrote a long winded rant a handful of pages ago and I shouldn't have said that.
Crabtree doesn't need anyone calling him an idiot, it's gotten to a point of lose-lose for the guy, and I wish him the best, and anyone else that even considers doing something similar the best and this as an example.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
How about locking this thread?

This idiot is a dead issue in my book, and I know it's not in everyone elses book. Who needs him? Lower an lower the offer, wait till just before the draft, tade his rights for the max, and MOVE ON!!!!

Even his old almamater Texas is writing that he is ruining what respect he had, etc...

Pinhead, rot in hell...

Pluck the Seachicks!!! NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only is his alma mater not Texas, but it was Texas whose BCS championship hopes were absolutely crushed by said Pinhead with a last second tackle breaking touchdown catch and run. Say what you want about the guy, but he can play, hopefully it will be for us...
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
How about locking this thread?

This idiot is a dead issue in my book, and I know it's not in everyone elses book. Who needs him? Lower an lower the offer, wait till just before the draft, tade his rights for the max, and MOVE ON!!!!

Even his old almamater Texas is writing that he is ruining what respect he had, etc...

Pinhead, rot in hell...

Pluck the Seachicks!!! NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only is his alma mater not Texas, but it was Texas whose BCS championship hopes were absolutely crushed by said Pinhead with a last second tackle breaking touchdown catch and run. Say what you want about the guy, but he can play, hopefully it will be for us...

doubt he can do that in the pros....the talent level is higher in the NFL....
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Kinda starting to be glad we are not going to end up paying a guy 16 million, who is coming off a stress fracture, who has questions about his speed and was only averaging 12 yrd a catch in his last of year college in a spreed offense
[ Edited by Jcool on Sep 16, 2009 at 8:52 PM ]
Justice in the this case would involve Crabtree going back into the 2010 draft and the 49ers using the second of their first round picks on him, especially if the pick is in the 20s. Now they will own his rights for ANOTHER year and his offer will be significantly less. That would be classic.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Kinda starting to be glad we are not going to end up paying a guy 16 million, who is coming off a stress fracture, who has questions about his speed and was only averaging 12 yrd a catch in his last of year college in a spreed offense

I'm starting to really hope he doesn't sign.

A winner I don't believe he is.
Am I wrong, or did York make the offer to talk last week? If so, the lack of a response is even further disrespect for York and the organization. Yes, we'd lose our 1st round pick, or best case, trade for less value, btu this guy has proven he's an a$$ and will only be a cancer on the team, no doubt demanding to renegotiate long before his contract's up. I've said it before and I'll say it again, EFF him and the horse (jackass?) he rode in on!
As a P.S., I'm glad to see a certain "guru" on this board has not chimed in with further support for this jerk and his idol, Parker, aka Dumb and Dumber. I'm so sick of this topic, but the masochist in me gets sucked into commenting every once in a while. i guess it's the need to vent that draws me back. Wish there wasn't a rule about expletives on this site!
they should make a deal with crabtree and sign his ass, then trade him to the cowboys for Roy Williams and maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick in next years draft. what do you think? week 6 is the trade deadline if i'm not mistaken.

Originally posted by ninjaniner420:
they should make a deal with crabtree and sign his ass, then trade him to the cowboys for Roy Williams and maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick in next years draft. what do you think? week 6 is the trade deadline if i'm not mistaken.

you're way out of the loop..

-9fA
Originally posted by King49er:
who wants to put money down that "he" doesn't even meet with York....

IF York can get him into a face to face meeting than I think a deal will get done very soon, but I'm just gonna assume that "he" tells York to f**k off

It would be the height of arrogance to refuse a meeting with York, after York publicly extended a hand to him.

The fact that there hasn't even been a response, to date, to the invitation shows Crabtree and Parker to be, at the very least, rude, discourteous, and unprofessional.

They expect York and the Niners to increase the offer, but they won't even meet with York or return his call? That's outrageous.

If I'm York, if the meeting ever goes forward, McGloughan or Paraag shows up in my place, with an excuse that I'm "too busy" to attend.

I don't think there's some other team secretly wooing Crabtree--a highly dangerous tampering issue for any team, including the Cowgirls. I don't especially like him, but I think Jerry Jones is too smart to be involved in anything like that.

I think Parker figures there's not going to be a CBA in place next year, and its going to be a wide open, capless market that will allow Crabtree to get something closer to the $40m he's apparently seeking.

That's a huge gamble to take, IMHO.

Ultimately, I think it will prove to be a blessing in disguise. At worst, the Niner's will save themselves $16m that they might have spent on an overhyped prima donna.

At this point, I hope that Crabtree holds out for the season. Given the unprofessional boorishness of his treatment of Jed York, I look forward to seeing Crabtree crash and burn in the draft.
Originally posted by 49erScott:
Justice in the this case would involve Crabtree going back into the 2010 draft and the 49ers using the second of their first round picks on him, especially if the pick is in the 20s. Now they will own his rights for ANOTHER year and his offer will be significantly less. That would be classic.

I think, and don't quote me on this, according to the draft regulations, a team relinquishing their rights to a player in a draft can not select them in the following draft.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninjaniner420:

Really? Roy Williams AND a 2nd round pick? So you trade a proven veteran for a whiny little punk who hasn't played a down in the NFL, and on top of that, you surrender your 2nd rounder. OK, I know Jerry Jones is getting up there in years, but this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me. The Cowboys aren't giving up any of their stars for Crabtree. The only star we'll be able to land for him is Patrick Star.
Originally posted by scopur49er:
Originally posted by 49erScott:

I think, and don't quote me on this, according to the draft regulations, a team relinquishing their rights to a player in a draft can not select them in the following draft.

You would be correct. Seen it written many times
Share 49ersWebzone