Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree Discussion Thread

• AZZ
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ldussan:
Originally posted by Mike49:
I don't care if Crabtree ever signs.

I disagree with going one dollar outside the slotting system. I don't care what he thinks he's worth. I don't care if he becomes elite. We have had T.O and he WAS elite and he still wasn't worth the trouble.

Unless Crabtree fires Eugene Parker (who is a parasite) and comes to terms in the next week, I hope he sits out the season. Heck, I don't even want to trade him. I want him to rot on the vine and watch his draft stock plummet next year. This kind of stupidity should be punished. Over 15% of California workers are unemployed, 300,000 state workers are on furlough, and Crabtree cant see his way clear to play for 20 million dollars (or around that amount) despite the fact that he hasn't played a down in the NFL. As far as we know, he may be the next JJ Stokes with the attitude of TO.

The guy is an imbecile. We don't need that attitude on this team.

Word, one guy makes not a team, we know that, Philly knows that, Dallas knows that, and so will Buffalo.

i agree 100%. if he signs before kick off this sunday then i will say "ok its a bussniess move". if he does not sign let him sit it out..
Maybe the 49ers want him, but not just that bad. Prospect normally come to interviews and try to put their best foot forward. But what if he came in after being drafted with his entourage and the niners got a bad vibe from him or the group. There was previous warning about his posse from other teams or coaches. There has also been little rumblings from reporters who weren't that impress with him. Then came OTA's where he was described as uninterested. Now when it came time to get the contract done, they hear that he wants to be paid an additional 8 million. All of this could be the reason the niners are in no hurry to get a deal done.
Awesome, only 47 more pages to go!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I like turtles.

I love lamp
  • ldussan
  • Info N/A
Here's my take on why I just think he doesn't want to play.

1) I think it's pretty evident that the uncapped year is no gold mine.
2) He's taking a serious serious risk by "practicing with dilfer" without any sort of contract. Say he reinjures his foot or gets in an accident off the field cause that's never happened before.
3) If he's willing to ignore the draft slotting system, why not sign, get your money, and then ignore the terms of your contract and hold out mid contract a la B Marshall.

I mean at least then you have some money and if you're that good you should have no probem demanding more cash. Hell you don't even need to have great numbers you just need to show great potential.

It just doesn't make good sense to me to think it's a money issue.
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Maybe the 49ers want him, but not just that bad. Prospect normally come to interviews and try to put their best foot forward. But what if he came in after being drafted with his entourage and the niners got a bad vibe from him or the group. There was previous warning about his posse from other teams or coaches. There has also been little rumblings from reporters who weren't that impress with him. Then came OTA's where he was described as uninterested. Now when it came time to get the contract done, they hear that he wants to be paid an additional 8 million. All of this could be the reason the niners are in no hurry to get a deal done.

So their putting 20mill on the table but don't really want him on the field?

seems like sound reasoning to me.
Originally posted by pdxredandgold:

So their putting 20mill on the table but don't really want him on the field?

seems like sound reasoning to me.

I trying to answer the question " Why haven't the Niners offered him anymore money". We can use the slotting excused. But the truth is giving him a higher signing bonus really doesn't affect next years draft. With the chance of a lockout in 2011 no rookies will have any leverage with the "I'm going to sit out the season
"threat. They could give him easy incentives or a roster bonus if they wanted to get him into camp. This would have been away to save face for both sides. I think they know he's talented but are not going to mortgage the future on someone with questionable character or company.

[ Edited by dirtysouthniner on Sep 10, 2009 at 13:24:45 ]
  • KNRO1670
  • Info N/A
new/not new from ESPN on CRABTREE:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post?id=4736
Originally posted by pdxredandgold:
So their putting 20mill on the table but don't really want him on the field? seems like sound reasoning to me.

yea im starting to think they want him on the field but they just dont know how to get it done. scotty is a young gm without anyone like a parcells to turn to or a guy like holmgren to get advice from. paraag is a numbers genius by most accounts but he isnt a football guy and probably thinks his offer is perfectly accepable. at this point i just want to see a deal get done and we probably need to meet them halfway.
Originally posted by KNRO1670:

This whole situation is bad for both sides. However I support the Niners on this one, I dont want Crabdouche on the niners anymore. I really hope he never plays for them.
Originally posted by KNRO1670:

Agreed on all points.

I still think it remains to be seen how often we're gonna run though.

-9fA
Im also starting to think that the 49ers dont REALLY want him anymore. They are starting to realize that drafting him was a mistake.
Originally posted by susweel:
Im also starting to think that the 49ers dont REALLY want him anymore. They are starting to realize that drafting him was a mistake.

agreed. They're not gonna let some unproven rookie punk them. I think it's to the point where neither will put their pride aside to make a deal. You know the niners aren't gonna budge, as they shouldn't, and I seriously doubt Crabs ego will make a sudden U-turn.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

agreed. They're not gonna let some unproven rookie punk them. I think it's to the point where neither will put their pride aside to make a deal. You know the niners aren't gonna budge, as they shouldn't, and I seriously doubt Crabs ego will make a sudden U-turn.

I think in the end he will make a come around. Even Deon has to know that it is not worth the risk of trying to hold out all season. If crabtree is picked later in the draft he will not be able to hold out again.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

I think the only real solution is him sitting out the year and getting traded to a team that wants and will pay him what he wants. I don't think we will ever see him in a niner uniform.