There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by BigMar:
Just a thought.... but could Crabtree's hardballing be due in part to his concern about who our Q.B.'s are?

Could he be worried about Hill & Smith?

I would not disregard anything at this point as far as what Crabtree thinking mode is.

I absolutely believe that is a part of it. Afterall, the question of San Francisco QB was a major topic going into the draft and continuing on untill the time the Crabtree conversation pushed it back to 3rd page news.

He will never say so but I am certain that, along with Singletary's announced plan to run the ball 60% of the time, has had some impact on his thinking.

I think we would be ignoring the obvious if we did not admit that is a concern of his. It may not be the major one, and he would never admit it even if he signed somewhere else, but it is still something he has to understand about the 2009 version of the San Francisco 48ers. His signing may give Hill a better option, eventually, but it won't make Hill's arm stronger.

If this was true, we would have signed immediately after seeing Nate Davis' performance last week. Image the two of them together in three years!

All about the $$$. Anything else is pure poppycock and conjecture.
Originally posted by singfan:
Originally posted by joefosho:
Originally posted by singfan:
Pay the guy and this over with already.

We do not negotiate with terrorist ;p

Yeah, we're making a stand!

Here's a novel idea for McCloughan and company. How about making this a quality franchise so players won't be able to hold us up in the future like Crabtree is attempting to do now. Let's make this an exciting destination for players to go to. Crabtree has every right to do what he is doing. Is it any wonder that the two longest hold-outs belonged to the Bengals and us? It's the company we keep that puts us in the situation we are currently in. Crabtree should have been in four weeks ago catching passes in a Mike Shanahan offense.

delusional much? lol
so many reasons to hate the guy, but we need the infusion of talent to the team, should we, do we bend?

the guy is nfl ready, missing training camp sux but its not like he is supplanting jerry rice. if/when he signs alls he has to do is beat out josh morgan. i like josh morgan but come on, thats not a high hill to climb.

if/when we do sign him, we wil become a better team for it, if the ambien taking oc in the booth and our dark ages mentality head coach will sprinkle in a pass to his run on 1st, run on 2nd, run on 3rd down philosophy, crabtree is going to be a huge addition. so run thru the list of superbowl champs last 20 years or so, where was it where the rb was the offensive leader and not the qb...people are so ignoring how mired in mediocrity singletary's offensive philosophy will be..3rd and 10 at the 40, lets mix it up, lets run the wildcat!!!!!!!!!!!!! ignorant....

[ Edited by ssahnan on Sep 4, 2009 at 12:09:53 ]
  • KNRO1670
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by KNRO1670:
Originally posted by zozell:
The words of Crabtree to his fans from his mouth... Per Matt B's blog
No Cash Flow Problem For Crabtree

"...that last deal requires Crabtree to update his followers with occasional messages. His latest, on Aug. 24:

MichaelCrabtree:Hey peps just hollaring at u i am still working hard getting stronger and faster oh yea i am ready to go so i can put on a show 4 ya
Sent 3:05:30 PM Mon Aug 24 '09

The post before that one may be more meaningful because it came on Aug. 7, a day after reports surfaced that Crabtree was threatening to sit out the entire season and re-enter the 2010 draft.

MichaelCrabtree:What up peps yeah this ur boy crab just want to say dont belive the hype i am ready to this thing in the bay i am putting the gym just on the low until its time to go!,do it 4 uSent 12:26:06 PM Fri Aug 7 '09"

old news.

Blog was posted today... do u know something the rest of us don't, including both Matts?? Show me where you seen this before today...

uh... look at the dates. Aug. 7th and Aug. 24th.

Uhhhhhh those are the dates of Crabtree's postings to his fans... off of one of his endorsements... the blog that shows us that was posted today... Click the link for the blog and read the whole thing... so it's not old news to us...

Noob tryin to PWN a Vet...

oh wow... let's try this again.

Among them were deals with EA Sports, Subway, Nike's Jordan Brand sneakers, three trading card companies and MogoTXT. Interestingly, that last deal requires Crabtree to update his followers with occasional messages. His latest, on Aug. 24:

MichaelCrabtree:Hey peps just hollaring at u i am still working hard getting stronger and faster oh yea i am ready to go so i can put on a show 4 ya

hooked on phonics?

by the way, you can get these text messages from MogoTXT.com like I did ON AUG. 24th!

http://mogotxt.com/mogotxt/crabtree

hey zozell you know this guy jsut looked up that website and posted it right, trying to act like he is way ahead of everybody.

KNRO we all know you just found out about it now just like the rest of us

you guys are too much. The text on 8/24 really didn't have anything important at all. And the one sent on 8/7 was already reported by Barrows. That's how I learned about the website in the first place! I am disapointed in you
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Just a thought.... but could Crabtree's hardballing be due in part to his concern about who our Q.B.'s are?

I would not disregard anything at this point as far as what Crabtree thinking mode is.

I absolutely believe that is a part of it. Afterall, the question of San Francisco QB was a major topic going into the draft and continuing on untill the time the Crabtree conversation pushed it back to 3rd page news.

He will never say so but I am certain that, along with Singletary's announced plan to run the ball 60% of the time.

I think we would be ignoring the obvious if we did not admit that is a concern of his.

i know we've been talking about Crabtree for a long time, but have we really run out of things to say to the point where we're making these kind of assumptions? This is about $ and nothing else.
Now don't come along exposing my game.

Seriously, if I were Crabtree, coming from the kind of college career he has had, I would be considering exactly what I have posted. I just don't accept the fact it is all about money. I just don't.

As much as I love 49er football, the offense that is projected is not very exciting. It may win, but it isn't as exciting as throwing the ball around the field a la Bill Walsh.

Walsh ran the ball but when the game was on the line, he threw it. I remember a statement he made about a run-heavy offense. It was along the lines of "you can control the ball for 14 plays and use up nine minutes on the clock and then fumble inside the twenty yard line, or maybe wind up with a field, and then the other team roars down the field in three minutes and scores a touchdown..." Walsh threw the ball because he knew it was the future and he also knew it was one of the reasons it made the 49ers a very attractive option for young players and FAs.
  • KNRO1670
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by valrod33:

"...that last deal requires Crabtree to update his followers with occasional messages. His latest, on Aug. 24:

The post before that one may be more meaningful because it came on Aug. 7, a day after reports surfaced that Crabtree was threatening to sit out the entire season and re-enter the 2010 draft.

MichaelCrabtree:What up peps yeah this ur boy crab just want to say dont belive the hype i am ready to this thing in the bay i am putting the gym just on the low until its time to go!,do it 4 uSent 12:26:06 PM Fri Aug 7 '09"

old news.

Blog was posted today... do u know something the rest of us don't, including both Matts?? Show me where you seen this before today...

Uhhhhhh those are the dates of Crabtree's postings to his fans... off of one of his endorsements... the blog that shows us that was posted today... Click the link for the blog and read the whole thing... so it's not old news to us...

Among them were deals with EA Sports, Subway, Nike's Jordan Brand sneakers, three trading card companies and MogoTXT. Interestingly, that last deal requires Crabtree to update his followers with occasional messages. His latest, on Aug. 24:

hooked on phonics?

by the way, you can get these text messages from MogoTXT.com like I did ON AUG. 24th!

http://mogotxt.com/mogotxt/crabtree

hey zozell you know this guy jsut looked up that website and posted it right, trying to act like he is way ahead of everybody.

KNRO we all know you just found out about it now just like the rest of us

you guys are too much. The text on 8/24 really didn't have anything important at all. And the one sent on 8/7 was already reported by Barrows. That's how I learned about the website in the first place! I am disapointed in you

Barrows called the article "No cash flow problem for Crabtree" the mention of the text's were in passing.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/
Originally posted by Xestenz:

He will never say so but I am certain that, along with Singletary's announced plan to run the ball 60% of the time, has had some impact on his thinking.

I think we would be ignoring the obvious if we did not admit that is a concern of his. It may not be the major one, and he would never admit it even if he signed somewhere else, but it is still something he has to understand about the 2009 version of the San Francisco 48ers. His signing may give Hill a better option, eventually, but it won't make Hill's arm stronger.

If this was true, we would have signed immediately after seeing Nate Davis' performance last week. Image the two of them together in three years!

All about the $$$. Anything else is pure poppycock and conjecture.
Davis is two years away from being a starting QB in this league. Davis is operating with a playbook of 10 plays. Until Davis starts putting up numbers against a first string defense it isn't going to mean anything.

He will never say so but I am certain that, along with Singletary's announced plan to run the ball 60% of the time.

I think we would be ignoring the obvious if we did not admit that is a concern of his.

i know we've been talking about Crabtree for a long time, but have we really run out of things to say to the point where we're making these kind of assumptions? This is about $ and nothing else.

Seriously, if I were Crabtree, coming from the kind of college career he has had, I would be considering exactly what I have posted. I just don't accept the fact it is all about money. I just don't.

As much as I love 49er football, the offense that is projected is not very exciting. It may win, but it isn't as exciting as throwing the ball around the field a la Bill Walsh.

Walsh ran the ball but when the game was on the line, he threw it. I remember a statement he made about a run-heavy offense. It was along the lines of "you can control the ball for 14 plays and use up nine minutes on the clock and then fumble inside the twenty yard line, or maybe wind up with a field, and then the other team roars down the field in three minutes and scores a touchdown..." Walsh threw the ball because he knew it was the future and he also knew it was one of the reasons it made the 49ers a very attractive option for young players and FAs.

so much of what you say has merit but i still adhere to the idea that crabtree isnt making the situation complicated enuf to that level...i still think his motives are purely financial and ego driven...

Taken to its logical conclusion though, this precendent would have a servere impact on the NFL. So a cornerback would refuse to play for the team that drafted him if the passrush wasn't good enough? Or a RB on a team that liked to throw the ball?

Even in our offense, Crabtree has the opportunity to be a star. A one man show. Highlights of him alone on ESPN every Sunday night. One handed catches, leaping grabs of errant throws, out-muscling DBs.

Again, a good player makes a team better. They can't make the team better if they don't play for that team.

I could definitely see this argument applying to free agent WRs, but even if, say, Crabtree believed he had been drafted into a bad situation for his own numbers, his position would still be untenable for the reasons his money demands are: you don't get to choose who drafts you, or where you get drafted. If he had been drafted in the top 5 he would have been on equally bad if not worse offenses than the Niners.

old news.

hooked on phonics?

Your OBVIOUSLY missing the point. This information was not known until Matt Borrows posted it in his blog. His blog was posted TODAY! September 4th.

Maybe you should understand the point of my post. Crabtree's postings are not brand new but I garauntee you didn't read those, before Matt Borrow posted them today on his blog. Understand before you are so quick to correct someone and post.
crank dat crabtree
Originally posted by ssahnan:

so much of what you say has merit but i still adhere to the idea that crabtree isnt making the situation complicated enuf to that level...i still think his motives are purely financial and ego driven...
Thank you for the admission it has merit...the question is, how close does it come?

I don't know, and neither does anyone else. I have dealt with quite a few young athletes in my life and though it was at a much lower level, the more exciting the offensive style the more the kids wanted to play in it.

I don't think it is any different for Crabtree. Now throw in the money issue and it covers it all up. I just do not accept the "San Francisco is the ultimate - take the money and go play" argument.

[ Edited by dj43 on Sep 4, 2009 at 12:30:27 ]
How much would an injury before he signs affect Crabs worth? I almost hope that he sprains an ankle or hurts himself in a manner that will heal in about one month. Let him sit out the next four weeks without a contract while healing from an injury and watch his value go down. I would be afraid to walk outside if I were crabs right now. He is one accident away from losing a ton of money.

I could definitely see this argument applying to free agent WRs, but even if, say, Crabtree believed he had been drafted into a bad situation for his own numbers, his position would still be untenable for the reasons his money demands are: you don't get to choose who drafts you, or where you get drafted. If he had been drafted in the top 5 he would have been on equally bad if not worse offenses than the Niners.
I agree with all you are saying. It is a difficult case to make. The thing is, we just don't know what he is thinking, and that makes cases like the Eli Manning/San Diego situation one that COULD come into play in his thinking.

So, for instance, if he thinks he could sit out the season and force a trade to New Orleans or Indy or one of the other 6 or 7 teams that have top-tier QBs. He knows he is going to get serious cash when he does sign but he will be playing someplace that throws the ball around.

Anyway, you got a better idea on how to get THIS thread back up over 100 before he signs?