Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by BigMar:
Just a thought.... but could Crabtree's hardballing be due in part to his concern about who our Q.B.'s are?
Could he be worried about Hill & Smith?
I would not disregard anything at this point as far as what Crabtree thinking mode is.
I absolutely believe that is a part of it. Afterall, the question of San Francisco QB was a major topic going into the draft and continuing on untill the time the Crabtree conversation pushed it back to 3rd page news.
He will never say so but I am certain that, along with Singletary's announced plan to run the ball 60% of the time.
I think we would be ignoring the obvious if we did not admit that is a concern of his.
i know we've been talking about Crabtree for a long time, but have we really run out of things to say to the point where we're making these kind of assumptions? This is about $ and nothing else.
Now don't come along exposing my game.
Seriously, if I were Crabtree, coming from the kind of college career he has had, I would be considering exactly what I have posted. I just don't accept the fact it is all about money. I just don't.
As much as I love 49er football, the offense that is projected is not very exciting. It may win, but it isn't as exciting as throwing the ball around the field a la Bill Walsh.
Walsh ran the ball but when the game was on the line, he threw it. I remember a statement he made about a run-heavy offense. It was along the lines of "you can control the ball for 14 plays and use up nine minutes on the clock and then fumble inside the twenty yard line, or maybe wind up with a field, and then the other team roars down the field in three minutes and scores a touchdown..." Walsh threw the ball because he knew it was the future and he also knew it was one of the reasons it made the 49ers a very attractive option for young players and FAs.