There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If Crabtree sits out the year, who will you blame?

If Crabtree sits out the year, who will you blame?

jj stokes!
I'm going with Mad Dog
Originally posted by Robert:
Originally posted by backontop:
What do you mean who will you blame? There is only one person responsible for him signing his contract. And that is Crabtree. So it is obvious that the blame falls on MadDog.

I'm not going to address you're gratuitous yet original dig on the OG in your last sentence. But one could (perhaps persuasively argue) that McClueless had no business drafting this diva (for whom the general consensus in the LEAGUE was he would be hard to sign) with a solid OT and several pass rushing OLBs on the board. What do you think?

I believe you meant your not you're which is a contraction for you are. And who is this OG you speak of? I don't even mention THE OG in my post.
give me a break
What do you mean who will you blame? There is only one person responsible for him signing his contract. And that is Crabtree. So it is obvious that the blame falls on MadDog.

I'm not going to address you're gratuitous yet original dig on the OG in your last sentence. But one could (perhaps persuasively argue) that McClueless had no business drafting this diva (for whom the general consensus in the LEAGUE was he would be hard to sign) with a solid OT and several pass rushing OLBs on the board. What do you think?

I believe you meant your not you're which is a contraction for you are. And who is this OG you speak of? I don't even mention THE OG in my post.

Thanks for the grammatical correction. I can see YOU'RE a man with no inferiority complex. Now how 'bout address the substance of my question?

[ Edited by Robert on Sep 3, 2009 at 14:00:50 ]
  • Other
  • Veteran
How the f**k am I even an option here ?

Shenanigans I say, Shenanigans!
If he doesn't sign this year, he might as well change his last name to Crabgrass becasue no one is going to want deal with a problem like that. Mangini was smart...he put down Halts
Originally posted by Other:
How the f**k am I even an option here ?

Shenanigans I say, Shenanigans!

you b*****d, it's all your fault!
  • MikeyVnutz
  • Info N/A
as many stories as there were saying crabtree was a diva there were just as many saying he was humble and a good guy... can't really blame mclueless, as you call him, for drafting the best player on the board... while I would love to have a dominant pass rusher or tackle it's impossible to say any of the players we could have drafted will be better until we see them in the regular season... so really the only person to blame is crabtree for being selfish and not signing a fair contract
Originally posted by MikeyVnutz:
as many stories as there were saying crabtree was a diva there were just as many saying he was humble and a good guy... can't really blame mclueless, as you call him, for drafting the best player on the board... while I would love to have a dominant pass rusher or tackle it's impossible to say any of the players we could have drafted will be better until we see them in the regular season... so really the only person to blame is crabtree for being selfish and not signing a fair contract

Fair enough. I see YOUR (sorry, emphasis for the benefit of an earlier poster) logic. Not sure there's really a right answer to the question. Just wondering what the Faithful are thinking. It just seems like franchises with bad ownership tend to have bad things happen to them. When was the last time you heard of the Patriots or Steelers having trouble getting a first round pick into camp before the start of the season? You know what I mean?

[ Edited by Robert on Sep 3, 2009 at 14:06:48 ]
there is no one to blame this is a bi-product of the system in place. I blame the system

yet both crabtree and parker are liable to a point

money clouds ones judgment.

Thanks for the grammatical correction. I can see YOU'RE a man with no inferiority complex. Now how 'bout address the substance of my question?

the answer to your question is that teams do not draft for need in the first round. They draft the BPA. Is has always been that way and will continue to be that way. the team would have been stupid to not draft Crabtree and the fans would have gone nuts. The FACTS are that nobody can see into the future and that NOBODY could have seen Crabtree holding out like this.
Originally posted by OO9ers:
there is no one to blame this is a bi-product of the system in place. I blame the system

Interesting take. Then how should we change the system, my man?
1) Crabtree for obvious reasons
2) NFL owners and Union for having this slotted system: why don't these morons agree and put it in writing on a rookie wage scale like the NBA? Instead they have and "unwritten" and "understood" slotted system. You knew eventually someone like Crabtree who challenge it and would throw a wrench into it.
Originally posted by OO9ers:

Interesting take. Then how should we change the system, my man?

with a rookie pay scale thats how. Have the numbers already set in place. No negotiating contracts of any kind. Add in the rookie cap and everything is gravy.