There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I miss him!

Originally posted by dr8van:
With everything being discussed about Crabtree not signing, Morgan maybe being all hype, Hill not stepping up...It just really makes me miss him. I remember a time when there were no discussions coming out of niner nation about the status of our WRs. Man have times changed. I think Im actually depressed.

A better time

the perfect WR ever ! The Goat !
Originally posted by Afrikan:
its funny, but out of all our recivers..... Jason Hill is the one who reminds me most of Jerry...

I guess it seems like they have the same build, deceptive speed, catch everything and they just quietly make plays.....

I can't wait to see how Jason Hill turns out in a couple of years....be it with us or another team.........but hopefully with us

uhhhh are we talking about the same Jerry Rice here or do you mean the bizarro Jerry Rice??? cause hill doesn't catch everything, nor does he quietly make plays (if any at all), nor does he have deceptive speed.

dude.....
Originally posted by ninersush:
its funny, but out of all our recivers..... Jason Hill is the one who reminds me most of Jerry...

I guess it seems like they have the same build, deceptive speed, catch everything and they just quietly make plays.....

I can't wait to see how Jason Hill turns out in a couple of years....be it with us or another team.........but hopefully with us

uhhhh are we talking about the same Jerry Rice here or do you mean the bizarro Jerry Rice??? cause hill doesn't catch everything, nor does he quietly make plays (if any at all), nor does he have deceptive speed.

dude.....

uhhh are we watching 49er games? because Jason Hill has proven he can be good on gameday...

dude...
Where'd you go...I miss you so....Seems like its' been forever....That you've been gone
I said "Some days I feel like s**t,
Some days I wanna quit, and just have a good team for a bit,"
I don't understand why you have to always be gone,
I get along but the games always feel so long,
And, I find myself trying to stay in the zone,
'Cause re-watching your plays always helps me to not feel so alone,
But I feel like an idiot, workin' my day around the game,
But when I watch it I don't have much to say,
So, I want you to know it's a little f**ked up,
That I'm stuck here waitin', at times debatin',
Tellin' you that I've had it this ownership and I miss your career,
Me and the rest of the niners family here singing "Where'd you go?"....

[ Edited by Robert on Sep 3, 2009 at 11:05:29 ]
Originally posted by DonJulio:

dude.....

uhhh are we watching 49er games? because Jason Hill has proven he can be good on gameday...

dude...

man i must not be watching the same 9ers games then if 2 people r saying this. really????

[ Edited by ninersush on Sep 3, 2009 at 11:17:40 ]
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
What's up with those people in the comments section saying that Moss is better than Rice??

Youtube comments make me wanna slap people.

-9fA
Originally posted by dr8van:
With everything being discussed about Crabtree not signing, Morgan maybe being all hype, Hill not stepping up...It just really makes me miss him. I remember a time when there were no discussions coming out of niner nation about the status of our WRs. Man have times changed. I think Im actually depressed.

A better time

i dont how you could miss something weve never had with and have never seen yet, im actualy happy with the Core, we got Bruce and Morgan starting, plus Battle healthy, and Jones coming back soon.
Originally posted by DonJulio:

dude.....

dude...

man i must not be watching the same 9ers games then if 2 people r saying this. really????

Hill has shown flashes here and there. Nothing to get excited over. Certainly doubtful imo he ever becomes more than a 4. A 3 if there is no talent on the team.

This will be his third year, the year WRs are supposed to break out, and he has all the opportunity right now to step up and take a role. Yet he hasn't, and has supposedly been the quietest receiver in camp and practice.

He may make a nice catch here and there, but I would never laud him the way these other guys do.

Except one thing. Jerry Rice knew how to get open, something Hill hasn't done. Also, he knew what YAC was.
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
What's up with those people in the comments section saying that Moss is better than Rice??

ya. moss holds no records in the superbowl.... oh wait. he's never been to the superbowl!

good job
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

Except one thing. Jerry Rice knew how to get open, something Hill hasn't done. Also, he knew what YAC was.

ummmm..... I have see him get more open than all our receivers not named Bruce.....and imo, he doesn't get that much YAC because of our scheme...although I've seen him make the first defender miss as well.

if we can go back in time and put Jason Hill in Walsh's offense I think he would flourish... I just don't feel he won't be given a true opportunity this year... I mean the Team is high on Josh Morgan...and Bruce came back this year....we signed Brandon Jones....and then on top of that we drafted Crabtree.... it is quite easy for Hill to go under the radar for some of my fellow 9er fans.

2 of those WRs were not really expected to be here..... Bruce was expected to retire...and that was why we brought in Jones (on top of Johnson leaving)....and Crabtree was a surprise situation.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 3, 2009 at 12:23:50 ]
Don't get me wrong I like Hill. But.....without those two receivers (Crabtree and Jones) why do you think he didn't get on the field?

I've got to believe the coaching staff saw something in the receivers ahead of him.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I think we were spoiled having the greatest receiver of all time getting thrown to by the greatest QB of all time, now the football gods are getting even with us by giving us the garbage we have now.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Don't get me wrong I like Hill. But.....without those two receivers (Crabtree and Jones) why do you think he didn't get on the field?

I've got to believe the coaching staff saw something in the receivers ahead of him.

I think money and experience..... I really don't know why Morgan moved ahead of him.....but I'm sure it was for the big play threat, which I don't have a problem with.... I expected and hoped that Morgan and Jason Hill would've been our starters in a couple of years....

but besides Morgan, like I said money and experience.... .. Isac Bruce and Bryant Johnson had both of these over Jason Hill....and were probably just better at the time. but Jason was just making plays after plays for us late last year.... I am really excited about the potential of this kid.