There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

"We are not a Charity!"

"We can not give them the game"

Take a look at a few of these stats. Turnover Ratio 2008 Preseason

Now Turnover Ratio 2008 Regular Season

and finally Turnover Ratio 2009 Preseason

Hopefully the trend will continue through the regular season this year.
As long as Gore doesn't fumble (and he won't under Rathaman's watch), and Alex Smith doesn't play... we'll manage pretty well in this particular dept.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 1, 2009 at 20:32:59 ]
Well I sure hope that these stats hold up through the regular season. SF is second in preseason turn over ratio at +8 and Arizona is last.
I sure hope it continues during the season.
The unsung stat that no one is talking about because they only want to focus on the negative aspects of our game. We do have some great positives and this is one of them. Hopefully, we can minimize those negatives and come out with more of these stats during the season.

We sure deserve it as fans...it has been tooooooooooo long!

seriously, i don't care if we only get 1 sack as long as there is consistent pressure. Almost all the picks this preseason have been the result of the little pressure that has been applied.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
seriously, i don't care if we only get 1 sack as long as there is consistent pressure. Almost all the picks this preseason have been the result of the little pressure that has been applied.

I totally agree. Sacks are nice but nobody thinks of what the pressure causes when there is not a sack.
A few of those INT's were gifts though, I don't know it if was incredible plays by our D. Either way it is encouraging and I think if we can stay on this course our TOP goes way up which helps the D and running game
Look at who is at the bottom of the 2009 list @ #30! NOWIN!!!

Then look at our last years T/O ratio
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigmur49:
A few of those INT's were gifts though, I don't know it if was incredible plays by our D. Either way it is encouraging and I think if we can stay on this course our TOP goes way up which helps the D and running game

Our TOP has gone way up already. We are 6th in the league, and here is another telling stat..we are 2nd in third down percentage, a 52% conversion rate, while being 12 in attempts. I don't know if it is fact, but my hunch is the majority of those conversions where made rushing (third and short). If that's the case, opposing defenses are going to have to fight their ass off not to bite on play action.

Now it's preseason, so drawing conclusions is not a wise thing to do. However, it appears that Sing may have some serious ball control football well underway. From the stats, it's looking like he has delivered on his statements about not being a charity, and ball control. We all know the running game is going VERY well (ranked 1), and coupled with the above stats, it is looking like the passing game (off of play action) may open up quite a bit for us during the season. From the above stats I seriously think we are going to burn opponents with play action. (Which I think Raye and Sing have kept under wraps during the pre-season). I seriously think they are going to go play action big time once the season starts, with the way things look as of now.

That ass wipe piece of s**t Crabtree needs to get his ass on the field.

Side note: Looking at the above stats for the Seachokes, I think the Seachickens are in some serious trouble offensively. They have no running game, they are attempting piles of third and longs, there TOP is sucking bad. No ball control at all, except not turning it over. They aren't Warner/Fitz/Boldin, I don't think they have the ability to rely on the passing game. They are in trouble, IMHO.

[ Edited by Blitz on Sep 2, 2009 at 10:17:17 ]
Nice. Peeps gotta stop complaining about not having any sacks. We're still getting the turnovers.
Oh, you mean, amidst this "atrocity" of a preseason, there's still some positives to go around?

I swear if I didn't watch the games at all, I would think that this team could go 0-16.
I sure hope we really get to open up the play-action once the season starts. We should be able to hit some big plays the way we are running the ball.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
I sure hope we really get to open up the play-action once the season starts. We should be able to hit some big plays the way we are running the ball.

Agreed. And, I think where it's really going to pay off is in the red zone (particularly short yardage situations), if we continue on the path we are on now.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
As long as Gore doesn't fumble (and he won't under Rathaman's watch), and Alex Smith doesn't play... we'll manage pretty well in this particular dept.

i hate to break it to ya but gore is good for a couple of fumbles no matter whose watch he's under. it just happens he fumbles at the worst spot & time.