There are 171 users in the forums

Jerry Sullivan (WR Coach)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Lack of QB...
Nah they are just slow.
i dont know wheather its speed or coaching but this has been a problem for a while it seems like VD is the only one who can consistantly get open
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Nah they are just slow.

It really is this. We have clunky WRs.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Nah they are just slow.

It really is this. We have clunky WRs.

2 starting WR's who run 4.75 in the 40 doesn't really get it done in the NFL.
In the NFL, being an foot away from a DB is open. We just don't have a QB with the confidence to let it go unless the receiver is a yard open.
Originally posted by Joecool:
In the NFL, being an foot away from a DB is open. We just don't have a QB with the confidence to let it go unless the receiver is a yard open.

I see plent of teams with greater seperation than us. We just have slow WR's.

Is this your "Wide ReceiverEXCUSES?"
  • Mex49
Slow might describe your take on the coaching situation at WR:

See Jerry Sullivan thread

IBTM

Being 6'5 and yard open is like 2 yards. I wish we had an explosive and tall wideout, they don't even have to be open. Look at Brandon Marshall.
I've seen them getting separation; so, it's not just a myth that they can do it. The problem is when the ball is late or thrown behind, it starts to look like no separation.

Originally posted by D_Niner:
I've seen them getting separation; so, it's not just a myth that they can do it. The problem is when the ball is late or thrown behind, it starts to look like no separation.

Yup. Crabtree is very explosive out of his break.

Other than not running the right routes and not practicing he's pretty good.

I don't see other WRs having problems with balls slightly off target. We don't have anyone (WRs) on our squad that is capable of taking a short pass the distance.
wish J.Rice would be out WR coach. No one better at running routes.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

Other than not running the right routes and not practicing he's pretty good.

Alexcuse #402
Share 49ersWebzone