LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Gut Check for the Super Fans!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Gut Check for the Super Fans!

In the great words of bobby mcferrin"DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY".One of these days sooner or later we'll b back in the postseason then the superbowl then we'll all be in the Gold Rush cheerleaders locker room giving interviews of what they thought of the wins.We'll be fineIf anyone feels we are in trouble do what I do get your PS3 play as the 9ERS and beat whatever team we lost to.It helps my anger really it does. lol
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Still on board, make room on the bandwagon for the doubters!!...f**k the haters and fans that are already calling it quits! IT'S ONLY PRE-SEASON!!

Thats what I was looking for!
Originally posted by King49er:
The next time you guys jump into the time machine can you bring back the lotto numbers with ya...

lol

[ Edited by TRAVELER_9ER on Aug 31, 2009 at 12:19:49 ]
You should repost this thread after week 10. That's gut check time for everyone.
Don't forget that other NFL team across the bay got whipped 45-7 by New Orleans in their own house with the starters playing most of the game. Gut check time over there. Not here.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
You should repost this thread after week 10. That's gut check time for everyone.

yeah or more like around mid season.That way your win lose ratio will determine the ship jumpers.
Originally posted by TRAVELER_9ER:

yeah or more like around mid season.That way your win lose ratio will determine the ship jumpers.

No that's when the zone gets full of Fire Singletary, trade Gore, bench Clements threads.
Originally posted by TRAVELER_9ER:

No that's when the zone gets full of Fire Singletary, trade Gore, bench Clements threads.

right on.
Originally posted by boast:

Nice
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoFD74:
I'll keep saying it...this team is still another year away from being a playoff contender. Let's just look honestly at what issues we're facing:

~Total uncertainty at QB
~ZERO pass rush
~Huge question mark at RT
~Lack of quality depth on DL

The first two are the most critical. If you don't have your QB situation settled on offense, and if you can't effectively rush the passer on defense, you will struggle. There's no other way to say it. The last two can be masked somewhat, but the first two can't, and this will likely be our downfall this year.

The overall talent on the team has improved from years past, this seems pretty obvious. We should be able to run the ball pretty effectively, probably make some plays at WR/TE during each game and our overall defense is pretty good. If the secondary can continue its solid play and create turnovers, things could get interesting and we could possibly steal a few more victories.

However, with no real difference-maker at QB and no pass rusher, we will lose winnable games, and probably end up anywhere between 6-10 and 8-8.

I don't know why more people don't listen to you.

Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by GoFD74:
I'll keep saying it...this team is still another year away from being a playoff contender. Let's just look honestly at what issues we're facing:

~Total uncertainty at QB
~ZERO pass rush
~Huge question mark at RT
~Lack of quality depth on DL

The first two are the most critical. If you don't have your QB situation settled on offense, and if you can't effectively rush the passer on defense, you will struggle. There's no other way to say it. The last two can be masked somewhat, but the first two can't, and this will likely be our downfall this year.

The overall talent on the team has improved from years past, this seems pretty obvious. We should be able to run the ball pretty effectively, probably make some plays at WR/TE during each game and our overall defense is pretty good. If the secondary can continue its solid play and create turnovers, things could get interesting and we could possibly steal a few more victories.

However, with no real difference-maker at QB and no pass rusher, we will lose winnable games, and probably end up anywhere between 6-10 and 8-8.

I don't know why more people don't listen to you.

By midseason, it will become evident.
Share 49ersWebzone