There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Gut Check for the Super Fans!

Gut Check for the Super Fans!

This is a joke. People need to calm down. The pre-season is when you work the kinks out and develop your depth. The starters have not even played a half of a preseason game together. People seem to be forgetting Singletary won 5 out of the 7 games he was HC last year for. Similar stats for Hill when he starts. No team dominates the preseason.

This is PRESEASON! Have a beer, smoke what ever it is you smoke and chill the f*** out.
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by Crown:
We are all well aware of the possible shortfalls of this team

Your mission: choose to watch this young team develop under a new coach.

If you can't stomach it: choose another team and come back when the wins do.

I am going to stick it out.
But on the bright side Im starting to actually like the new uniforms.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
1. We have no wide receiver threat - it has been completely absent. Brandon Jones - Out, Crabtree - unsigned, Josh Morgan - disappointing, etc. We have not improved since last year.

2. We have no QBs - aside from the flashes of talent from Nate Davis. The QB competition this year has been between two players who haven't shown us anything. The 49ers should have brought in a proven veteran QB to compete for the starting job, not wasting time with Damon Huard. After the fiasco with Kurt Warner, the 49ers gave up in their search. Again - we have not improved since last year.

3. We don't have a pass rush. This is obvious. We brought in a special coach just for that purpose and no results.

4. The secondary at times looked suspect, even though we have been getting a good number of INTs.

5. The pass protection is vulnerable and still needs work.

6. The only main area of improvement this year - the running game. We have seen the new guys Coffee and Sheets tear it up and o-line creating some good holes. We expected this because this is what Jimmy Raye was brought in to do.

7. This is not the time for the "It's still pre-season. calm down." attitude. We already played three and we have won them all. Remember, it has been the second and third stringers that have come back to win these games.

The thing is, IT IS preseason so that fact can't be overlooked. The Pats haven't been exactly lighting it up so far. Neither has the Giants, Philly, San Diego, and they're all perennial playoff teams. No, I'm not saying that we're just playing possum -- you've listed legitimate problems. But I think the level of concern here is overblown. Preseason games DO NOT matter. They never have.

They have ZERO bearing on what's going to happen in the regular season. Now if we're entering say week 4, and we're still having these same problems then yes, by all means ring the alarm.

But right now it's too early to tell what our season is going to look like.

This team will never develop anything as long as the opposing QB has 7 seconds to throw the ball. It's painful to watch and has been for YEARS.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Why are you surprised? What did you expect this season?

We gained a better running game and weakened our passing game with the addition of Raye of Martz.

Without Martz we will have less turnovers and sacks which are game killers, especially those QB fumbles. It looks like we have kept turnovers down this pre season which is good.

Yes Shaun Hill and Smith both aren't very good. Hill may be a better gamer then Smith. Nate Davis looks like a serviceable third stringer.

Pass rush still blows. The announcer said "Romo could build a house back there." That is terrible. Besides J. Smith, our D line is awful. Reggie Smith has been creating a lot of turnover and Goldston looks like he is flying all over the field. T. Brown always shows flashes and Bly looks decent in coverage.

Special Teams looks good.

VD Davis looks better as a reciever and is a blocking master. If we get Crabtree in there to see if he can get some seperation unlike any of our other recievers, we can be a decent 9-7 team and maybe take the sorry NFC west.

I'm sorry, I don't agree. I think we have regressed on special teams. The rest I agee with.
Wow!!! Whats the surprise here.... Certain folks expect as if we are super bowl bound or bust.... calm down and lets see how the 49ers decide what type of team they will be.... we know and they know its all about work in progress and improving.... so dont act so surprise that things are not what one expects.....
Also, Hill has historically looked crappy in practice and exhibition games. But come game time, he's usually on point.

...I'm sure this does little to comfort anyone but hey...you cant argue with the man's W-L record.
Gotta love 9er talk. I usually only stay away from niner talk when we lose but I might start the boycott early with this panic-y crap being posted.
Didja get enough options in there? Didja now?
Originally posted by HessianDud:

• AZ9er
  • Veteran

AMEN!
Originally posted by fzrdave:

I will still watch, but I will also complain about the failures of the front office and the short falls of 1st round picks.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Gotta love 9er talk. I usually only stay away from niner talk when we lose but I might start the boycott early with this panic-y crap being posted.

Agreed

Ya think Singletary is going to tip his hand to ANYTHING the Niners will do once the bell for Round 1 rings?

Please

Yes -- the Niners don't have a dominant pass rusher. That much is true. But we're going to throw all sorts of fancy formations at opposing teams when the bell for Round 1 rings. Ya think Singletary is going to tip anyone?

Please, child.

The Niners are playing a pure vanilla offense and a pure vanilla defense. We're 3-0. If you remember back to just two short years ago, we were literally getting our lunch bucket handed to us in the preseason. Remember those games?

I do.

Relax people. Put the purple koolaid container down. The kids are going to be alright.
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by fzrdave:

The score was Dallas 10, 49ers 3, at halftime. That is not a bad score. I know everyone is saying that Romo had is way, and it looked like he did, but they only scored 10 points, with our Offense playing horribly. The game was also in Dallas. The game was also preseason. So many other teams played poorly this week, including AZ.

The Raiders lost 45-7, imagine that. Dallas scored 13 points and everyone is throwing the towel in already.

Quit reacting like 7-year-old irrational children.