LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 363 users in the forums

Biggest preseason dissapointment to me: Josh Morgan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
to all those who are unhappy with our blitz:

please pay notice to how few times we pass rush with more than 3-4 guys offseason
If Crabtree were signed by now, the disappointment would be less concerning to me.

At the very least, Morgan has been getting himself open. Yesterday, I didn't see particularly many great decisions by Hill.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If Crabtree were signed by now, the disappointment would be less concerning to me.

At the very least, Morgan has been getting himself open. Yesterday, I didn't see particularly many great decisions by Hill.

i remember morgan being open on a deep out but hill's weak ass arm allowed newman to recover and knock it down
Originally posted by rob28:
Originally posted by wailers15:
i'd say it's raye! thats my big dissapointment

firing martz is starting to look like a big mistake.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe sing just wanted his own man in there and thought that martz would be a obstacle other coaches loyalty to his leadership?
  • CoffeeMachine
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
his biggest play was letting the ball go through his hands and being intercepted against the Raiders

Um, that was Alex Smith's fault. He put it way too high.
  • DROB
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by CoffeeMachine:
his biggest play was letting the ball go through his hands and being intercepted against the Raiders

Hell no if it hits your hands you got to bring that in
Originally posted by DROB:

Hell no if it hits both your hands you got to bring that in

fixed.

-9fA
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
What do you guys think of Isaac Bruce performance? He's actually done worse than Morgan. He has no catches this preseason.

Morgan's lack of performance has more to do with the QB and OL play. If those two parts of the team don't play well, the WRs will suffer.

The 49ers are ranked #30 in preseason passing.

So Morgan's poor play is due to the o-line and QB.

And Bruce's poor play is due to...himself?

-9fA

Lack or reading comprehension skills? Try again

How about you check your own statement first. ^^

You say:
i) Isaac Bruce has done worse than Morgan
ii) Morgan's lack of performance has more to do with the QB and OL play.

If that is so, then what is Bruce's lack of performance due to? As it stands, right now, Bruce is a better WR than Morgan. Yeah i know that may be hard to swallow.

Bottom line, you're making an excuse for Morgan.

-9fA
Biggest preseason disappointment? The entire WR corps. Seriously the battle was supposed to be at QB for cryin out loud. These guys should have been on their game from the blocks.

Oh an how bout Battle not being with this team in '09? There are QUITE A FEW people here that should call him to kiss his @ce for all the $h|t talkin they do about him.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Biggest preseason disappointment? The entire WR corps. Seriously the battle was supposed to be at QB for cryin out loud. These guys should have been on their game from the blocks.

Oh an how bout Battle not being with this team in '09? There are QUITE A FEW people here that should call him to kiss his @ce for all the $h|t talkin they do about him.

~Ceadder

It's a yearly tradition on the WZ. Every single offseason we always have the annual "lets cut Battle" threads. And year in and year out he always seem to be the WR who has the most chemistry with the Smith and Hill.

-9fA

^^^ True that^^^

I don't think that a one of us believes that he's HoF material. But the man DEFINITELY has proven that he belongs in a 9er uniform. Until the day comes that he stops doing that I'll stick up for him. Nobody who proves that he belongs on this team above all the talent that we supposedly have deserves to take as much $&|t as Battle does around here.

What?!? Dude your member status is hereby REVOKED until you can be truthful in your posting. I don't care if you don't like Smith and wish to trash him but COME ON at least call it straight the truck up.

I've seen that play OVER AND OVER again all of that week via (ESPN, NFL Network, etc.) and it was RIGHT TO HIM!!!

Freakin Noobs. I'm sorry but shouldn't there be a minimum post limit before they can post in 9er talk?

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Aug 30, 2009 at 4:23 PM ]
Maybe not the biggest disappointment, but for someone so highly built up by coaches, fans and media, I'd have to say he is a significant disappointment thus far. he's dropped very catchable balls, and don't vilify me for this, but has shown a tendency to short arm balls when he thought he was going to be nailed. Much was expected of him this season. I hope he steps it up.
As big disappointments are Lawson, Clements (he's being routinely beaten), Michael Lewis, RT, Shaun Hill and of course, the pass rush in general.
Nice surprises: coffee, Sheets, McKillop and Brooks' development. Also Balmer's play of late. And did you see some of those great blocks the rookie FB, Miller, laid? The kid's got good hands and decent speed for a fullback too.
Season opener should be interesting. You know Sing is gonna be on their case this week; he wasn't happy!
Originally posted by haggard:
2nd year, 6th round pick WR, on a team with below average QBs. Hmmm, maybe expectations for him were a bit high?

I tend to agree. He didn't produce that greatly last year and people are banking on him becoming a great player in his 2nd season because of a good 1st preseason and a couple of TD catches last year.
in order my level of dissapointment in people before josh morgan

-jimmy raye (severely, severely ignorant offensive scheme)
-mike singletary for hiring jimmy raye
-the offensive line
-nate clemente(never was, never will be a shutdown corner, and the money, wow)
-mcglouhan or however you spell it for not adressing lack of a quality qb issue or lack of any pass rush issue
-manny lawson
-michael crabtree in the vein of even if he signs, he is a primadonna first, team player second, he's proven in spades of who he is characterwise
-kentwan balmer(allthough not so much after dallas game)
-both jimmy raye and mike singletary again, the lack of passing attempts is sickening
-shaun hill
-alex smith
-issac sopoaga
-niner qbs again
-jimmy raye and mike singletary a third time...(run first offenses dont win superbowls)
-jason hill-from reading this board the last few years, he was the second coming of jerry rice
niner brass for taking such a huge gamble on the right tackle spot on a guy who -never even made it to game 1
-mike singletary for a 4th time, for failing to get a guy with a believable pedigree at the oc spot...6-7 win team again...even when you maximize the run first philosophy with superior talent, it hardly ever wins the big one without a legitimate passing game. something that not only have we not proven we have, but something we have not even tried to prove we have...
-vernon davis, should have been higher but aside from his stupid tweets, forgot he was still a niner
-the jimmy raye version of the wildcat offense

point being, i find the assesment of josh morgan being a dissapoint, and the #1 dissapointment of preseason a immensly wrong evaluation.
Am I good or am I good?

Originally posted by Barrows:
Mike Singletary said today that for now Josh Morgan would remain one of the starters at wide receiver, but he left open the possibility that Arnaz Battle could unseat him. Singletary said earlier in training camp that Morgan had to work on being more consistent. Today he echoed that. "He's still learning how to be a pro," he said. "At some point, the light's going to go on and he's going to take off." Asked whether Battle could overtake Morgan, Singletary said he'll "continue to watch the film and continue to look at the possibilities. But right now it is what it is." ... Left unsaid is the fact that Michael Crabtree also could replace Morgan when/if he signs. Crabtree has been earmarked for the split-end spot opposite Isaac Bruce. Crabtree is the Last of the Mohicans (My favorite flick) in terms of first-round holdouts. Cincinnati's Andre Smith signed today.
LINK
Share 49ersWebzone