There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What's up with Alex Smith's Thumb, Will he play next week?

Anyone know Alex Smith's status? Is he gonna play next week? We really need to see what the kids got and if got anything left in his tank.
hopefully

hill sucks
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,580
Who cares, he has had enough chances, no more excuse for him, he sucks. Hill sucks too. Time to see what Nate Davis has, and then start shopping for a QB, quickly!
Smith showed a little improvement this preseason, we really have nothing to lose by putting Smith in if Hill is going to play like this. Unless the offensive line improves their pass blocking dramatically, this is all just rhetorical because no QB can pass laying on the ground. It would be a mistake to throw Davis to the dogs at this point, we all see what it did to Smith. We need to treat this kid right and make sure he is prepared before we throw him in with the big dogs.
He better play next week. he needs atleast a quarter of action imo. he was doing a good job getting the ball to morgan, davis, and battle vs the raiders and broncos even if they didnt catch all of those passes. we might need him if shaun hill keeps playing like this.
Im pretty sure Smith will get nearly a full half next week.
I hate to break this to yall...but didn't Singletary say that Smith is out till the start of the regular season....and that is not guaranted either....

but I agree.....if Alex is indeed our backup QB....then he NEEDS to get some work in against the Chargers...but it doesn't seem that way.

I believe Shaun will get 2 drives, then all the starters will get pulled....then Nate Davis brought in to play the whole game....

I think if we are going to be playing games like this with Huard....we should just cut him this Monday so he can find a team faster.

Its just funny that there is a chance that the Super Bowl driven Patriots would want Damon Huard as their backup and maybe starter if need be in the beginning of the season.........where as the "Super Driven" 49ers would rather have a QB who hasn't really played in 2 years as their backup lifeline QB. Very interesting.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I hate to break this to yall...but didn't Singletary say that Smith is out till the start of the regular season....and that is not guaranted either....

but I agree.....if Alex is indeed our backup QB....then he NEEDS to get some work in against the Chargers...but it doesn't seem that way.

I believe Shaun will get 2 drives, then all the starters will get pulled....then Nate Davis brought in to play the whole game....

I think if we are going to be playing games like this with Huard....we should just cut him this Monday so he can find a team faster.

Its just funny that there is a chance that the Super Bowl driven Patriots would want Damon Huard as their backup and maybe starter if need be in the beginning of the season.........where as the "Super Driven" 49ers would rather have a QB who hasn't really played in 2 years as their backup lifeline QB. Very interesting.

I don't think that Smith is out through to the preseason. I do believe he'll be ready to go against San Diego, I hope he gets to play a min. of 1 quarter.

If Smith is good to go, he comes in as soon as Hill is pulled. Davis comes in after and i see no use in having Huard play.

-9fA
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Anyone know Alex Smith's status? Is he gonna play next week? We really need to see what the kids got and if got anything left in his tank.

We have determined that already, he does not. We are only waiting for Niners organization to swallow pride.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I hate to break this to yall...but didn't Singletary say that Smith is out till the start of the regular season....and that is not guaranted either....

but I agree.....if Alex is indeed our backup QB....then he NEEDS to get some work in against the Chargers...but it doesn't seem that way.

I believe Shaun will get 2 drives, then all the starters will get pulled....then Nate Davis brought in to play the whole game....

I think if we are going to be playing games like this with Huard....we should just cut him this Monday so he can find a team faster.

Its just funny that there is a chance that the Super Bowl driven Patriots would want Damon Huard as their backup and maybe starter if need be in the beginning of the season.........where as the "Super Driven" 49ers would rather have a QB who hasn't really played in 2 years as their backup lifeline QB. Very interesting.

Two different paths...two very different paths. I still can't believe that 6 years after Steve Young we are still QB STARVED. I hope Davis pans out. Though we are 3-0 in the pre-season. I am not very impressed and that is with the QB play and the soft defense.

Now the defense I am sure will have some wrinkles but the offense I am a bit more concerned. GO NINERS!!
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Aug 30, 2009 at 8:07 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,580
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I hate to break this to yall...but didn't Singletary say that Smith is out till the start of the regular season....and that is not guaranted either....

but I agree.....if Alex is indeed our backup QB....then he NEEDS to get some work in against the Chargers...but it doesn't seem that way.

I believe Shaun will get 2 drives, then all the starters will get pulled....then Nate Davis brought in to play the whole game....

I think if we are going to be playing games like this with Huard....we should just cut him this Monday so he can find a team faster.

Its just funny that there is a chance that the Super Bowl driven Patriots would want Damon Huard as their backup and maybe starter if need be in the beginning of the season.........where as the "Super Driven" 49ers would rather have a QB who hasn't really played in 2 years as their backup lifeline QB. Very interesting.

Two different paths...two very different paths. I still can't believe that 6 years after Steve Young we are still QB STARVED. I hope Davis pans out. Though we are 3-0 in the pre-season. I am not very impressed and that is with the QB play and the soft defense.

Now the defense I am sure will have some wrinkles but the offense I am a bit more concerned. GO NINERS!!

Young has been gone for 10 years, but who is counting.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
You forgot Jeff Garcia.
  • TheChosenOne
  • Info N/A
WE SHOULD HAVE SIGNED MICHAEL VICK!!!!!!! I hate to break it to u'll but our Starting QB, and the back-up Alexa Smith r playing horrible....Can u imagin in the regular season whats teams will have in store 4 our starting QB, they gonna bring the house @ our QB's and.....Im just lost 4 words....
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by TheChosenOne:
WE SHOULD HAVE SIGNED MICHAEL VICK!!!!!!! I hate to break it to u'll but our Starting QB, and the back-up Alexa Smith r playing horrible....Can u imagin in the regular season whats teams will have in store 4 our starting QB, they gonna bring the house @ our QB's and.....Im just lost 4 words....

Mike Vick is basically an older, less dog friendly version of Nate Davis. I'll stick to our QBs for now, thank you.
Originally posted by TheChosenOne:
WE SHOULD HAVE SIGNED MICHAEL VICK!!!!!!! I hate to break it to u'll but our Starting QB, and the back-up Alexa Smith r playing horrible....Can u imagin in the regular season whats teams will have in store 4 our starting QB, they gonna bring the house @ our QB's and.....Im just lost 4 words....

typical noob post