There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Defensive post-game analysis (week 3)

i really hope the d play calling picks up. i'm sure it will. if not we will be lookin for a new d cordinator. manny lawson has looked like crap a preseason
NT and OLB in 2010 draft!
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
Originally posted by teeohh:
manny lawson pisses me off

Manny who? I've already forgotten about him.

Agree
you know a note on mark roman...

he was playing strong safety tonight when lewis went down. And as i recall in 2006 he also played strong safety taking over for tony parish while keith lewis stepped into free safety...and roman played well there that year. coverage from SS is a lot easier and there is often less coverage responsibility and more of a focus on the tight ends and backs...

so my question is why isnt reggie smith the backup free safety, a guy who has good size and is a lot better in total coverage...

if our safety corp were

FS: Goldson>Smith>Taylor
SS: Lewis>Roman/Smith

i wouldnt hate it..
  • trellblaze1
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by wailers15:
i really hope the d play calling picks up. i'm sure it will. if not we will be lookin for a new d cordinator. manny lawson has looked like crap a preseason

To be fair to the D, Manusky had already announced that he would not be game filming Dallas or bringing any elaborate packages. The plan was to keep it vanilla and see if the guys could win their matchups.

That said, not only was Manny Lawson dissappointing, he looked downright AWFUL. He got totally manhandled on every play and has no kind of moves. I mean, it was never even close. Even with Hill's s**tty play I think Lawson was the worse player on the field tonight (as far as the starters go). Nate Clements was a close 3rd...
The DBs are ballhawking which I love. Goldson is showing that he's a hitter. I like Justin Smith a lot but the pass Rush wasn't so great. Manny Lawson looked really bad on one play where he fell for the play action. Just imagine how many Ints our DBs would get if we actually had a pass rush? lol
Our problem is the DT's. They are not getting any push. When haralson and lawson come off the end, romo could step up in the void because their is no push by the DT's. If you look at the cowboys DT play, they pushed it back where shaun hill couldn't hardly step up when the LB's come rushing from the end.
Originally posted by trellblaze1:

To be fair to the D, Manusky had already announced that he would not be game filming Dallas or bringing any elaborate packages. The plan was to keep it vanilla and see if the guys could win their matchups.

That said, not only was Manny Lawson dissappointing, he looked downright AWFUL. He got totally manhandled on every play and has no kind of moves. I mean, it was never even close. Even with Hill's s**tty play I think Lawson was the worse player on the field tonight (as far as the starters go). Nate Clements was a close 3rd...

It's the pre season...the Defensive and Offensive game plans are going to be vanilla. This was Willis' 1st game back and Haralson hasn't played much this year...once the CB's play more agressive during the year and Willis/Haralson play all the time the D will be fine.
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
Manny Lawson is TERRIBLE. NO PASH RUSH. runs straight in and gets locked up every time. We better not sign him to an extension.

Move Nate C to free safety
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
We need to move Nate C to free safety.

We have some decent corners and free safety is Nate Clements true calling in life. He LOVES to back peddle every snap and give receivers a 10 yard cushion.
Lawson has been a disappointment so far in preseason. Not even close to a sack.

I'd re-sign him but only for backup money. We can definitely upgrade at the position.

-9fA
  • trellblaze1
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by trellblaze1:

It's the pre season...the Defensive and Offensive game plans are going to be vanilla. This was Willis' 1st game back and Haralson hasn't played much this year...once the CB's play more agressive during the year and Willis/Haralson play all the time the D will be fine.

Yea...I was agreeing about the preseason Vanilla thing...HOWEVER, the one-on-one matchups will always be won by the better player. We lost a lot of those...some of them badly. This means that we have to HOPE that our schemes and packages make up for a big hole in talent.
I really feel like they are holding back, at least I friggin hope so! They are typically sending 3-4 guys... sometimes 5, but never 6 or 7 like blitz-happy Dallas likes to send. My guess would be holding back for hte season opener
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Lawson has been a disappointment so far in preseason. Not even close to a sack.

I'd re-sign him but only for backup money. We can definitely upgrade at the position.

-9fA

I think he would sign that offer considering he wont get anymore money elsewhere......except Denver.
The orginization was banking on Manny Lawson developing and being the key to our defense and right now it looks like they made a big mistake.