There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Thread will be locked until credible link is provided.

here u go! plus watch espn & nfl network, i've seen it twice:

here it is from espn insider:

Niners to explore QB market?
9:29
AM ETSan Francisco 49ers Top Email After being named the starter on Monday, 49ers QB Shaun Hill has been unable to see much action with the team in practice because of a lower back strain, as per the San Francisco Chronicle.

Trouble is, his main competition for that starting role, Alex Smith, is nursing a sprained right thumb, so the mantle of first-team QB fell upon journeyman Damon Huard for the team's Wednesday session, with Nate Davis still getting his feet wet.

With their top two QB's banged up already, will the team look to add another face to the mix? We've heard of several options in recent days, such as Tyler Thigpen, A.J. Feeley and the loser of the QB battle in Tampa Bay.

next time give me a second to post the link! so quick to lock! lock that damn crabtree thread!
1:18 on the east coast and it was just on espn!
All those guys suck.
heres an idea dont post until you have the link
If you don't want your threads locked when you post stories, provide the link in the original post so we know it's credible right off the bat.
[ Edited by Moonshae_D on Aug 27, 2009 at 10:24 AM ]
You still haven't provided a link, LOL FAIL.
Originally posted by wailers15:
With their top two QB's banged up already, will the team look to add another face to the mix? We've heard of several options in recent days, such as Tyler Thigpen, A.J. Feeley and the loser of the QB battle in Tampa Bay.

Not to be picky, but that sounds to me more like the author is speculating that they might be on the market and merely providing a list of QBs that he's heard will be available should the niners decider to look. Otherwise, instead of asking "will the team look to add another face to the mix?", it would have been something like, "we hear that the team is looking to add another face to the mix?"

And if the name list there was who they heard the niners were looking at, those options would not have been heard about "in recent days". If it were real instead of speculation, it just happened and "recent days" would not apply.

Think it was an honest misinterpretation of the text. You have other sources?
Originally posted by mrgneissguy:

Not to be picky, but that sounds to me more like the author is speculating that they might be on the market and merely providing a list of QBs that he's heard will be available should the niners decider to look. Otherwise, instead of asking "will the team look to add another face to the mix?", it would have been something like, "we hear that the team is looking to add another face to the mix?"

And if the name list there was who they heard the niners were looking at, those options would not have been heard about "in recent days". If it were real instead of speculation, it just happened and "recent days" would not apply.

Ummmm if it was ON the channel how can it be an Author who is making speculative commentary?

What if it IS true?

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Aug 27, 2009 at 10:33 AM ]
here's a thought... all the qb's that are possible interest are back ups or going to back ups on other teams. so why does it matter? we don't need anymore back ups! we got 4 back ups. we need a starter!
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by mrgneissguy:

Ummmm if it was ON the channel how can it be an Author who is making speculative commentary?

What if it IS true?

~Ceadder

All the quote (if that is what it is) in the OP is doing is asking a question - will the team look to add another face to the mix?

It never claims to have heard the 49ers are actually in the market for a QB, so its obviously just speculation.

What difference does it make if its been on TV or not? Does it really matter to you whether its the "author" or ESPN that's doing the speculating? Either way, its just a unsubstantiated guess based on a look at the QB's on our roster.
I just saw some shocking news on tv but I won't tell you cause I don't have a link for my TV yet

sorry
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
I just saw some shocking news on tv but I won't tell you cause I don't have a link for my TV yet

sorry

see thats how its done
Quote:
here it is from espn insider

espn insider is part of their website...that's written, isn't it?
In fact, googling the title listed in the original post, it sent me to the espn "Rumor Central" portion of espn insiders. So, yes...that quote was written, so author is accurate, sort of, but to further show the weakness of the case of this being legit, it's speculation in the "rumors" section.
[ Edited by mrgneissguy on Aug 27, 2009 at 11:25 AM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
All those guys suck.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

sorry

Yeah, I didn't know how to add a link to my bubby who just called me and said he saw the same thing on TV too.