There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Josh Morgan on the ESPN homepage...

Originally posted by crzy:
Josh Morgan is going to be a perennial Pro Bowler.

That might be a little of a stretch don't you think? The NFC is pretty loaded with WRs.

Fritz
Boldin
Steve Smith
Calvin Johnson
Greg Jennings
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Colston
Roddy White

They usually only take four. Do you really think Morgan will leap frog those guys while playing in a power running offense?
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

Why stop there. I'm working on his bust for Canton now, along with Nate Davis, Delanie Walker and a slew of other UDFAs that we are going to sign.

Hey, he think he is going to be good but not everyone is going to be a perennail pro bowler. In fact until we start winning they are going to be few and far between.

yeah i'm not quite sure if he was being sarcastic or not.

-9fA
Let's hope he steps up & has a good year!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Josh Morgan > Eddie Royal

Sorry thats HILLARIOUS!!
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FriscoFitted:

I like this. I like this a lot.

Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Originally posted by FriscoFitted:

I like this. I like this a lot.

Me too I like mine with a little bit of coke
I really hope he has a breakout year
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by curtyniner:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/

pretty good article about him too
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/1/49ers-morgan-cuing-up-breakout-season

Josh Morgan is reaching deep into the team's video archives.

He cues up vintage 49ers practice footage featuring Jerry Rice, the player his grandfather taught him to admire from an early age.

"They've got it on old Beta tapes, those little small ones," Morgan later says. "It's the old-school technology."

Morgan watches Rice run specific routes in practice, then in games, and he is awestruck. "If you just imagined the DB not being there, the way he runs routes in games looks exactly the same as when you watch old practice film of him running," Morgan says. "All his routes, he got in and out of within two steps. It's scary. It's scary that a guy could work that hard to be that great."

If Crabtree was 1/10 this humble we will have a great WR corps in 2-3 years.
[ Edited by global_nomad on Aug 25, 2009 at 7:50 PM ]
Originally posted by BMore9ersfan:

That might be a little of a stretch don't you think? The NFC is pretty loaded with WRs.

Fritz
Boldin
Steve Smith
Calvin Johnson
Greg Jennings
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Colston
Roddy White

They usually only take four. Do you really think Morgan will leap frog those guys while playing in a power running offense?

hey man your right but these guys had to leap frog someone to get to that level they are now. not saying it will happen but morgan can come out of freaking nowhere, the thing is will people on the east coast notice come voting time???
The way our run game is looking things are going to open up a great deal with morgan as the go to.Morgan pushed some decent numbers last season and he is a big recv'r thats quick.Now that gore has help and V/D looks as if he might break out his cage.Then I say better keep your eyes on#84.We may have ourselves a ProBowl caliber W/R.
  • CoffeeMachine
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by global_nomad:
If Crabtree was 1/10 this humble we will have a great WR corps in 2-3 years.

That's what I have been saying the past few days when he blamed himself for the tipped pass from Alex Smith that ended up an INT.

I blamed Alex Smith for a poor throw and commended Josh Morgan for even trying to go for it.

A lot of people here merely pointed out that Josh Morgan put the blame on himself. OF COURSE HE DID! He knows what humility is! He isn't like a former 49er WR that blames every single QB he ever plays with.

Shining example of the type of WR we need. Great to have Isaac Bruce around to continue to mentor as well.
after every TD Morgan should do the Capt Morgan stance!!!
Better yet....This '09 squad Morgan Hill Gore V/D,the whole team,will do 3 things. 1:put us above .500(I'm guessing 10-6) 2:put the NINERS into the playoffs 3:Make me buy rounds for every NINER FAN in whatever sports bar I'm at because I will be celebrating our return to post season. Sorry I'm getting a head of myself.
Originally posted by oscarug:
after every TD Morgan should do the Capt Morgan stance!!!

HaHa Lol on the capt morgan stance
32" waist??