LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Our QB;s and why isnt anyone talking about D huard?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
the one thing I still remember about Huard is he had a damn good 7-9 game stretch a few years back.

As far as I am concerned, there are far too many pretenders in the NFL that have never put together 2 good games in an NFL season.

He should make the cut
4 QBs? Why? If we do get down to our 4th QB, we won't be in the playoff hunt and can pick one off the street, sign him, and have a warm body behind Center to finish off a what probably will be a dead season.
Originally posted by Joecool:
4 QBs? Why? If we do get down to our 4th QB, we won't be in the playoff hunt and can pick one off the street, sign him, and have a warm body behind Center to finish off a what probably will be a dead season.

yeah I can't disagree with that. I have no faith in this season(never did) anyway so I really don't care who we keep and who we cut.

What I do know, is there is a good chance we have a couple of QB's go down this season.
Numbers don't lie, but they mislead people who don't understand them.

Ask yourself, when did Huard play? Who did he play against? What kind of sample size are we looking at? What's the long-term potential? Is he better than Shaun Hill short-term and long-term? Would it be contrary to everything Singletary has said about the competition between Hill and Smith?

Also, by your logic, Coffee should start over Gore! Coffee has over 100 yards, while Gore only has 7!!!!!111oneone

Originally posted by syoung8:
people are talking about every other QB but the numbers dont lie ...hey i know its preseason...But if the zone is gonna have a chat for the rookie nate davis then why not the most experienced guy??

Alex Smith 16 8 63 50.0 3.9 1 6.3 1 6.3 15 1 7 54.9
Nate Davis 11 6 67 54.5 6.1 1 9.1 0 0.0 27 0 0 103.2
Damon Huard 9 7 98 77.8 10.9 1 11.1 0 0.0 40 1 8 149.1
Shaun Hill 9 5 61 55.6 6.8 0 0.0 0 0.0 23 3 18 76.6

huard 7-9 for 98 yards a td no ints and rating of 149! also has the longest with a 40yarder...thats pretty damn good!

Someone posted the other day a very honest post about our qb's And how the only compatition alex has gotten is 3rd stringers...and i couldnt agree more@! We havent even brought in a promising 2nd string to compete! So finaly we bring in a decent vet 2nd stringer and then we dont even give him a fair chance??? Huard is not a Pro bowler but a avg qb that is a good game manager his lifetime numbers are way better than both smith and hill.
If eddie was running our team 1rd draft picks feelings or not he would have brought in a garcia a leftwich or another vet qb to compete with these avg Qb's. The team and GM has to be able to admit mistakes and do whats best for the team and give us the best product that can win the most games even if its at the expense of some embaressment !
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
1) Hill
2) Huard
3) Davis

Waived Smith!
Unless Smith makes less than Huard then....... By By Huard

i agree.
Can all of them. Sign Jeff George as our starter, and Jim Druckenmiller to back em up. They both got cannons for arms.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
our team has 4 good backup QB's.

Sad but true! As for Huard's numbers he was putting them up against guys who are probably going to be lucky to make it as a special teams or practice squad player.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
our team has 4 good backup QB's.

Sad but true! As for Huard's numbers he was putting them up against guys who are probably going to be lucky to make it as a special teams or practice squad player.

Still, I'd like to see more from Huard before just writing him off. If I had to guess, I would still guess that he makes the team.
Originally posted by rob28:
1) Hill
2) Huard
3) Davis

Waived Smith!

i agree.

Why thank you.... did I ever tell you how smart you must be!

LOL thanks
Why are we not talking about him?

Probably because Huard is 36 years old, his last few seasons at KC were unimpressive, and he was specifically signed here as a veteran backup player.
[ Edited by djfullshred on Aug 26, 2009 at 9:32 AM ]

What do you think about this QB lineup for the 2009 49er's?

1) Todd Marinovich
2) Cade McNown
3) Casey Weldon

I bet we could get them cheap! Although bail money for Marinovich might be a bit steep...
people are talking about every other QB but the numbers dont lie ...hey i know its preseason...But if the zone is gonna have a chat for the rookie nate davis then why not the most experienced guy??

huard 7-9 for 98 yards a td no ints and rating of 149! also has the longest with a 40yarder...thats pretty damn good!

Someone posted the other day a very honest post about our qb's And how the only compatition alex has gotten is 3rd stringers...and i couldnt agree more@! We havent even brought in a promising 2nd string to compete! So finaly we bring in a decent vet 2nd stringer and then we dont even give him a fair chance??? Huard is not a Pro bowler but a avg qb that is a good game manager his lifetime numbers are way better than both smith and hill.

If eddie was running our team 1rd draft picks feelings or not he would have brought in a garcia a leftwich or another vet qb to compete with these avg Qb's. The team and GM has to be able to admit mistakes and do whats best for the team and give us the best product that can win the most games even if its at the expense of some embaressment !

Actually, his lifetime numbers are just below Hill's but better than Alex's...
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Actually, his lifetime numbers are just below Hill's but better than Alex's...

No one is left on the field by the time he gets out there to play!
Because Nate Davis is showing he can play.
1) Hill
2) Huard
3) Davis

Waived Smith!

I's agree... Huard is a better 2nd than Smith and it would be better for Davis to learn from a proven vet than from Alexcuses... Can you imagine the negative effects Smith would have on a young impressionable QB?!? And are we gonna carry 4 qb's? Nope! Huard at least came to this team knowing he would really not get a real chance to start - That's the kind of vet you keep around to help a young guy. Huard can win games and manage this team and Davis may well be our future. Smith is dead weight and I'd love to see what team or lack thereof picks this dude up for anything more than 3rd string toliet duty.

Dirty
Share 49ersWebzone