There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Finally, the pieces are in place.

Finally all the pieces are in place for a historic run to mediocrity. Hope I am wrong, but without more pressure on the QB on Defense, and a passing game to go with the running game, we can expect to win games by 1 to 2 points, and get blown out in others.

Here's to a 6-10 to 8-8 season, with another comfy seat around the fireplace during the playoffs.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Finally all the pieces are in place for a historic run to mediocrity. Hope I am wrong, but without more pressure on the QB on Defense, and a passing game to go with the running game, we can expect to win games by 1 to 2 points, and get blown out in others.

Here's to a 6-10 to 8-8 season, with another comfy seat around the fireplace during the playoffs.

You don't know that we only have a mediocre QB. That's an assumption. It may be a good one, but it's still an assumption. So far, he's 10-3. Yes, it's not against the best teams but our offense has looked better than it has in the last 5 years. It looks as if the ball is being spread across the field and it looks as if the QB is getting the ball there. The running game looks very good and the defense is creating turnovers.

We will probably lose to any 10+ win team from last year but we have a very good chance to beat the -9 win teams.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
crabtree
Originally posted by Joecool:

You don't know that we only have a mediocre QB. That's an assumption. It may be a good one, but it's still an assumption. So far, he's 10-3. Yes, it's not against the best teams but our offense has looked better than it has in the last 5 years. It looks as if the ball is being spread across the field and it looks as if the QB is getting the ball there. The running game looks very good and the defense is creating turnovers.

We will probably lose to any 10+ win team from last year but we have a very good chance to beat the -9 win teams.

First, we already know what Warner and his band of receivers can do to us. Second, if Hasselback is back without a pass rush he will destroy us. 3rd, with the new regime in St. Louis they may be able to win 1 game against us. We could be
1-5 within the Division.

Then we play the AFC South and other NFC teams such as Green Bay, Chicago, the Vikings. Thank God we play the Lions again.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the glass half full this year without a real passing attack and defensive pressure.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
crabtree

Yea, but he is coming. He better damn it!

I think P was saying that the competition pieces are in place in naming Hill and Snyder, but we still need to know who's going to be on the other side of Clements. I think that person will be Bly, Brown's injury derailed him, IMO.

As far as the championship pieces, we are not even close. IMO we still need these pieces:

QB--Sorry, Hill is not the savior. He will be managing the game and on occasion win one with his heart and will. Still, he is not the future. Maybe Davis is, but Alex just ain't it given where we are. Better to keep Davis and Hill then draft a top QB recruit in the first given we have some nice QBs in McCoy, Snead and Tebow. I know the last one scares most of you. We need better talent at that head spot!

OL--We need a more consistent LOG and of course ROT. Those two spots need to be solidified. I like Snyder and I hope he can continue his growth at ROT because it will allow us to focus on LOG since Baas is in his contract year and Wragge is not starter material.

DL--Holy crap! How many times since we let Wilfork slip do we yell, "WE NEED A NT!!!" Well, we still do. There are some nice ones in next year's draft so I will be eager to see who we pick...Mt. Cody please!!!

WILL--Damn it, Jim!!! We need more dilithium crystals!!! We need more power at the position. Not only speed, but pure power. Sometimes Brooks shows it after all he is a big boy at over 260, but like most have seen it need to be more consistent out on the field. Still, I like what I have seen so far. Next year's draft is filled with WILL prospect into the third round. Having three picks before the 45th would be awesome so we could have more flexibility in getting BPA in an area of need which this is one of them.

S--I lilke Reggie Smith. I really do, but I think we need to land one of the top two safeties next year in either Mays or Berry with of course Berry being my choice. I would love to see us replace M. Lewis at SS, he's gettin' old and Roman is gone next year.

CB--Need someone to replace Harris. Will it be Brown or Spencer or will Bly still have enough to come back one more year. I don't like next year's crop of CBs. I really like Sean Smith and DRC...is there one like them in next year's draft?

Anyway, the caffeine kicked in so sorry for the length...

First, we already know what Warner and his band of receivers can do to us. Second, if Hasselback is back without a pass rush he will destroy us. 3rd, with the new regime in St. Louis they may be able to win 1 game against us. We could be
1-5 within the Division.

Then we play the AFC South and other NFC teams such as Green Bay, Chicago, the Vikings. Thank God we play the Lions again.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the glass half full this year without a real passing attack and defensive pressure.

Answer this, if JTO doesn't start Game 1 last year and Shaun Hill does, do we make the playoffs?
We have a 2-max3 year window to do something before we lose some key players! ITS WIN TIME NOW BABY!
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
We have a 2-max3 year window to do something before we lose some key players! ITS WIN TIME NOW BABY!

1-5 within the Division.

Answer this, if JTO doesn't start Game 1 last year and Shaun Hill does, do we make the playoffs?

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Let's play that game this season with a healthy Seahawk QB with better receivers, a Cardinal team that has seen they can almost get to the promised land, and a retooled Ram team.

That's a fun game to play, and IMO this division is stronger.

Do you really think Hill could have beaten the Vikings, Bear and Packers with this years upgrades? Do you really think that he could beat the Titans, Colts and even the Texans?

Again, I hope I am wrong.

WTF?? Oh, I get it! You are probably on the A. Smith bandwagon and want to waste another f**king 5 years dicking around with busts!

1-5 within the Division.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Let's play that game this season with a healthy Seahawk QB with better receivers, a Cardinal team that has seen they can almost get to the promised land, and a retooled Ram team.

That's a fun game to play, and IMO this division is stronger.

Do you really think Hill could have beaten the Vikings, Bear and Packers with this years upgrades? Do you really think that he could beat the Titans, Colts and even the Texans?

Again, I hope I am wrong.

Yeah but you are playing the prediction game. Yes, our division got stronger, well, aside from the Rams and SEA QB is hurting. They only have one receiver and no depth and their running back still sucks: Basically, we are better than them and they don't have Holmgren.

The Cards are the ones we need to beat. However, we have worked them each time and are very close to beating them. A couple of plays here and their and we win. Also, we have improved in a better perspective to them improving theirs.

So, yes, we have a chance. We also have a nicer schedule than last year but who knows how that can work out.

WTF?? Oh, I get it! You are probably on the A. Smith bandwagon and want to waste another f**king 5 years dicking around with busts!

I just thought it was a funny gif but also think that even if we don't win now, we will win later, but with better players.