There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Finally, the pieces are in place.

Nice post Joe!

I love that Hill has been named the starter so we can move forward with some certainty, and continuity for the offense. The run game is certainly going to be the focus, but look for VD to finally have that breakout year.

Oh and btw, Patrick Willis is back this week!
Eric Heitman was on KNBR yesterday afternoon and they asked him how he feels about Shaun Hill being the official starter.

He said he thinks it's great, and expects big things out of Shaun Hill this year!

He also mentioned being very excited about having a weapon like Coffee this season, said that he really likes how the kid knows where he wants to go and sees the holes, doesnt dance behind the line, and the o-line as a unit loves to block for him!

Naming Shaun and Adam Snyder as starters now is a good thing. Still have some positions being contested: cornerback between Bly/Brown/Spencer, 3rd wide receiver...although Battle seems to hold the edge, and backups everywhere.

Jimmy Raye will be playing these last two preseason games pretty conservatively...I actually expect more passing when we hit the regular season.

With any pass rush/pressure on opposing QB's (and Manusky's been playing it pretty vanilla in preseason...he'll be running more exotic blitzes when we go live) we ought to be right in the middle of it for the NFC West title.
I say we lose these last two games and get the losing out of our system, then come out guns blazing!

Let's go Andy! Destroy that scoreboard!!!!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Passrush, baby.

Still, should be a good season

Passrush with some improved QB play, PLEASE!
I am now pumped!!! I haven't felt this unsure and yet optimistic in a long time. This is the new day that we were promised. Win or lose we will be a competitive squad!!! Now with that said I don't care if it's preseason or a backyard football tossing between friends it's time to beat down anything wearing a cowboys jersey!!!

Dirty
Originally posted by Joecool:
Finally, things are set BEFORE the polish up preseason game. Alex/Hill talk is done...now let's get geared for Vernon bashing...just kidding.

Anyways, let's hope the Niners come out crisp this game. The starters should play through 3 quarters for both teams but the gameplans will still be simple. Therefor, this game will be all about execution and talent.

It's time to get ready for the regular season and allow these guys to rally behind their QB and allow their QB to lead them with confidence.

Alex, Shaun, whatever! It's time for the Singletary era to begin!

There's a 40 page thread that begs to differ.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Finally, things are set BEFORE the polish up preseason game. Alex/Hill talk is done...now let's get geared for Vernon bashing...just kidding.

Anyways, let's hope the Niners come out crisp this game. The starters should play through 3 quarters for both teams but the gameplans will still be simple. Therefor, this game will be all about execution and talent.

It's time to get ready for the regular season and allow these guys to rally behind their QB and allow their QB to lead them with confidence.

There's a 40 page thread that begs to differ.

There are a bunch of threads that beg to differ. Seems like Hill vs Smith pops up in every thread even if it is about how great the turf looks at the Stick. The irony is supposedly Hill and Smith are best friends yet the fans of Hill hate Smith and the fans of Smith can't stand the fans of Hill
Originally posted by Dirty9er:
I am now pumped!!! I haven't felt this unsure and yet optimistic in a long time. This is the new day that we were promised. Win or lose we will be a competitive squad!!! Now with that said I don't care if it's preseason or a backyard football tossing between friends it's time to beat down anything wearing a cowboys jersey!!!

Dirty

aint that the truth!

Nice post Joe, I think with the coaching staff we have in place we will look sharper than at any point under the Nolan regime. Singletary seems much more the disciplinarian, which I think is what this team lacked in the recent past. We have a solid core of players and with Hill at QB and Smith to back him up, I think we will be fine in that department. The running game will be lights out and I expect big things from the defense. More than anything else, I think Singletary will be the difference by making players accountable for their play. Here's to a successful season and the rebirth of the best damn franchise in the NFL.

GO NINERS!
I have a feeling Alex will be ready later this year or next year for sure. He showed some very good things this game and seemed to be really prepared.

We have a very capable backup...let's hope his finger heals quick.

It's time for VD to step it up and carry the receiving load.

Wow Mr. Cool we almost never agree but im impressed, gave da kid some credit finally. lol. Just like i said im backing hill since he's our starter now, as all smith or hill lovers should do because we have our starter.

I agree tho, and this is not a knock on hill. His first obvious choice will be VD. I honestly think soo much that VD will have more yards than our WR's. I just hope he finally lives up to that potential that we drafted him for.

If so, and i was a betting man, i say VD will be in the top 5 of TE's this season.
Go NINERS
yea everything is starting to line up, lets go niners, and we are set up nice for next year too
Originally posted by 228niner:
yea everything is starting to line up, lets go niners, and we are set up nice for next year too

Yes it is lining up nicely. Let's get the season on already so we can kick some ass!
I'm feeling great about our team going into the next game @ Dallas's starship.

However, there's still one thing that needs to be done before ALL the pieces are in place...

Crabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Tree