There are 260 users in the forums

SNYDER NAMED STARTER AT ROT

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Its just a mild knee sprain. They're keeping him out as a precausion. If our next game was the season opener he would probably play.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by ninerhigh:
Snyder was named by Singletary as the starter for the season opener against Arizona according to Matt Barrows of the Sac Bee.

Popular choice I suspect.

Bull crap about popular choice.... Synder worked his tale off in the off-season and then had a heck of a training camp to clearly EARN that RT spot.

How about choice C:

Another starter, right tackle Adam Snyder, will not play in that game after suffering a knee injury two days ago against the Raiders. The injury, however, is not serious and Snyder will be listed as day-to-day next week. Singletary said Marvel Smith would be worked into the starting lineup but his back still is not healthy enough for him to take over the position. He said Snyder would be the regular-season starter.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/08/hill-wins-49ers-starting-qb-job-1.html

I hate to say it - really do, but I warned all of you "Marvel Smith is the savior of the line" folks. Teams don't cut starting OTs for no reason. Smith will be a back-up to "spot" Snyder. God forbid if they're both injured at the same time. I'm really hoping Alex Boone develops quickly.

JJ........Where are you

Great to hear. He looked good in the passing and running game. I want Baas to get healthy also because the guy is a force in the running game.
Good job Snyder & keep it up!

I must say I was really impressed with the o line after just watching the Raiders game. Staley needs to move his feet a little faster on those speed rushes. Chilo & EH were looking like monsters out there.
Great!
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Great!
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Naming a guy (Snyder) who won't be playing in Exhibitions 3 and 4, as a starter for Game 1, is a risky proposition, me thinks. At a minimum, the knee and/or ankle must be tender, to hold him out of Exhibitions 3 and 4, when sustaining OL chemistry remains key. I like Snyder, always have, but if Marvel lights it up in Exhibitions 3 and 4, I won't be shocked to possibly see Marvel Smith starting at RT in Game 1. It's actually a nice "problem" fo the club, compared to the Jennings/Sims parlay at RT, which we all endured in 2008.

I'm actually more concerned about the Baas situation at LG. The club has really muzzled any info on this "nutcracker" injury, but it has cost Baas 3 weeks of practice. Supposedly Baas is back practicing today. Hopefully so, since Baas is so much more versatile than Wragge or Spanos or Toledo at LG. This Baas situation is not headed in a good direction. Dude is not signed beyond 2009 season and the club is finally poised to get a return on its 4-year investment in Baas. This looks like it is headed to another Smiley scenario.

No kidding, that's been my concern with Baas since last year. Need this oline to gel and get use to each other by week 1.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Naming a guy (Snyder) who won't be playing in Exhibitions 3 and 4, as a starter for Game 1, is a risky proposition, me thinks. At a minimum, the knee and/or ankle must be tender, to hold him out of Exhibitions 3 and 4, when sustaining OL chemistry remains key. I like Snyder, always have, but if Marvel lights it up in Exhibitions 3 and 4, I won't be shocked to possibly see Marvel Smith starting at RT in Game 1. It's actually a nice "problem" fo the club, compared to the Jennings/Sims parlay at RT, which we all endured in 2008.

I'm actually more concerned about the Baas situation at LG. The club has really muzzled any info on this "nutcracker" injury, but it has cost Baas 3 weeks of practice. Supposedly Baas is back practicing today. Hopefully so, since Baas is so much more versatile than Wragge or Spanos or Toledo at LG. This Baas situation is not headed in a good direction. Dude is not signed beyond 2009 season and the club is finally poised to get a return on its 4-year investment in Baas. This looks like it is headed to another Smiley scenario.

That's fine, but it's pretty obvious that Marvel's back is still a major problem which is keeping him from starting.

It is a risky proposition, but there's really no other choice IMO.

First Post !!! Long time reading the forum i might be the only person who check the site ten times a day but never posted anything. Well now im here. Anyway i love to hear when a backup steps up and becomes a starter. especially at a spot we needed help at. now if ahmad brooks or someone else step up and get to the qb id be a happy man
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by ninerhigh:
Snyder was named by Singletary as the starter for the season opener against Arizona according to Matt Barrows of the Sac Bee.

Popular choice I suspect.

Bull crap about popular choice.... Synder worked his tale off in the off-season and then had a heck of a training camp to clearly EARN that RT spot.

How about choice C:

Another starter, right tackle Adam Snyder, will not play in that game after suffering a knee injury two days ago against the Raiders. The injury, however, is not serious and Snyder will be listed as day-to-day next week. Singletary said Marvel Smith would be worked into the starting lineup but his back still is not healthy enough for him to take over the position. He said Snyder would be the regular-season starter.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/08/hill-wins-49ers-starting-qb-job-1.html

I hate to say it - really do, but I warned all of you "Marvel Smith is the savior of the line" folks. Teams don't cut starting OTs for no reason. Smith will be a back-up to "spot" Snyder. God forbid if they're both injured at the same time. I'm really hoping Alex Boone develops quickly.

I also was worried about picking up damaged goods. It's true, kind of true in respect for starting pitching in the major leagues. Teams don't let good OT's go that easily. It was like the Giants giving the Dodger's Schmidt lol.

Edit: I am not saying it will turn out that much of a disaster but I don't like the signing of players coming off an injury and un-proven since. It hurts when you pay for nothing.
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Aug 25, 2009 at 12:44 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone