LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

SNYDER NAMED STARTER AT ROT

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Snyder has looked good so far, I think he has earned the spot.
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ninerhigh:
Snyder was named by Singletary as the starter for the season opener against Arizona according to Matt Barrows of the Sac Bee.

Popular choice I suspect.

Not really, we know what we have in Snyder. It just shows that Marvel Smith's back is still not right and the team did nothing else to address the RT problem.

I actually think he'll be fine this year because this time he's only now concentrating on one position. Also, i believe it is a contract year as well.

He has played well in preseason, so i'm excited to see what he'll bring.

-9fA

No, he signed a new contract ext. last year. till 2012 I think

You're right, he's signed through 2011.

-9fA
Naming a guy (Snyder) who won't be playing in Exhibitions 3 and 4, as a starter for Game 1, is a risky proposition, me thinks. At a minimum, the knee and/or ankle must be tender, to hold him out of Exhibitions 3 and 4, when sustaining OL chemistry remains key. I like Snyder, always have, but if Marvel lights it up in Exhibitions 3 and 4, I won't be shocked to possibly see Marvel Smith starting at RT in Game 1. It's actually a nice "problem" fo the club, compared to the Jennings/Sims parlay at RT, which we all endured in 2008.

I'm actually more concerned about the Baas situation at LG. The club has really muzzled any info on this "nutcracker" injury, but it has cost Baas 3 weeks of practice. Supposedly Baas is back practicing today. Hopefully so, since Baas is so much more versatile than Wragge or Spanos or Toledo at LG. This Baas situation is not headed in a good direction. Dude is not signed beyond 2009 season and the club is finally poised to get a return on its 4-year investment in Baas. This looks like it is headed to another Smiley scenario.
He can be a mean mofo, and I like that in a RT as they need to be road graders sometimes.

To me now the only question is Baas or Wragge. Baas has missed the "pancake fun" with both the Broncos and Raiders.
Orite! Good on ya, boy! We need stability over there opposite Staley. Now's your chance to shine!
STAY HEALTHY!!!!!!
Originally posted by jreff22:
STAY HEALTHY!!!!!!
Didn't he get hurt on Sat?
Snyder has paid his dues and I'm glad he have been given the chance to stick at one spot for an extended period of time.

sweet! I like Snyder. Hope he has a great season and starts every game.
Color me surprised. I thought Marvel Smith would be the man at RT.

But I gotta give it up for Snyder, he has looked solid . . .

It will be good to see M. Smith get some time with the #1's to see if he still has it. He should get a workout Saturday.
Originally posted by backontop:

Yes, he sustained a knee sprain in the second half of the game. The Team is calling mild but he'll miss some time.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Color me surprised. I thought Marvel Smith would be the man at RT.

But I gotta give it up for Snyder, he has looked solid . . .

It will be good to see M. Smith get some time with the #1's to see if he still has it. He should get a workout Saturday.

I thought Marvel looked pretty good against the Raiders. But I'm with you, I hope he has a good showing against the Cowgirls, because for once we might have good depth at RT.
Originally posted by adrenaline:
Originally posted by backontop:

Yes, he sustained a knee sprain in the second half of the game. The Team is calling mild but he'll miss some time.

Rather he miss the next few weeks and be ready for the season opener. Plus this should give M. Smith some playing time and let us see what we have in him.
Share 49ersWebzone