There are 197 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I say we try nate davis with first team offense

I say we try nate davis with first team offense

there is nothing in shaun hill or alex smith that screams, they could ever, even given the best talent in nfl history, be a superbowl winning qb. on top of that, there is nothing that i have seen so far that would indicate either of those two with the talent they have now at their disposable mixed with one of the most conservative nfl oc coordinators in nfl history that would indicate success...alex smith is bust, shaun hill is a carreer gritty #2...

to a 100% point, shaun hill and/or alex smith is not the answer...even if there was a .000001 % chance that nate had it within him to be better i would take it...as it stands, whats the alternative to laughing off a nate davis challenge to the qb starting spot, a 6-7 win season, max?

its not like the question at hand is should we replace tom brady with nate davis....i know what i got with hill and smith, another season of heartache...and after watching arron rodgers tear it up vs the cardinals and seeing them rebuild yet again for a third time since last time we were ever good, i am ready to fire blanks into the sky and see if something hits...

worst development of the week was hill recovering enuf to play 1st team offense...had he not been able to make it, we could have had a more realistic look at nate
Originally posted by Sactown49er:
Um...what happened last time we tried to fast-track a rookie QB??? Patience is a virtue!

ahmen brother!!! Let Hill start and make Davis compete with Smith for the number 2 job. Let Davis learn a little behind Hill and take the job from Smith and earn the job along with the respect of his team mates. I believe Davis is our future at QB, and I love his confidence and leadership telling the team not to settle for the FG.

Besides, I think its innevitable that Hill will get injured at some time and place durring the season and Ill bet it will occur behind Barry Sims(A.K.A. Kwame Part Deux)
This has been a classic board overreaction the last couple of PRESEASON games. People are wanting to toss Hill over the bridge because the offense has not run smoothly the last two PRESEASON games.

Last check, preseason games are PRESEASON games.

Have I mentioned these are PRESEASON games.

P.S. While I am not part of the Shaun Hill Fan Club, I think a little respect is due. He finished last season with an 87.5 QB rating, which was 12th in the NFL. Higher than Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco, Brett Favre, Ben Roethlisberger and many more.

To suggest that he is "garbage", or should be "dumped" is kind of silly, since these were...everyone join in....PRESEASON GAMES. Haven't we learned before that Hill is much better in NFL games that count? He's been solid in back-to-back years.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
This has been a classic board overreaction the last couple of PRESEASON games. People are wanting to toss Hill over the bridge because the offense has not run smoothly the last two PRESEASON games.

P.S. While I am not part of the Shaun Hill Fan Club, I think a little respect is due. He finished last season with an 87.5 QB rating, which was 12th in the NFL. Higher than Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco, Brett Favre, Ben Roethlisberger and many more.

To suggest that he is "garbage", or should be "dumped" is kind of silly, since these were...everyone join in....PRESEASON GAMES. Haven't we learned before that Hill is much better in NFL games that count? He's been solid in back-to-back years.

You sure are quick to point a finger at everybody.
uh oh, MadDog in the house
Will Hill even play next week? Last year Nolan/Martz sat O'Suck's on the bench to keep him from getting hurt and Alex Smith started the game. I would like to see Hill get a couple possessions then turn it over to Davis for the rest of the game. We know what we have in Huard just cut him what is he going to do for this team this year?
They just said on NFL Network that Nate Davis may be the bestt QB on our roster. I think its a little soon to say that but I definitely could se someone thinking that.

Agree. The gameday thread was ugly. There was a ton of heads jumping ship.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Aug 30, 2009 at 5:07 PM ]
Originally posted by TheChozen:

Not everybody. But, there are a LOT of people who are overreacting. Go back to the last page and read that people are quitting on Hill, that he is terrible, and much, much more.

We live in a "in the moment" society that microanalyzes every snap, each series, every facial expression. I just think it is silly to suddenly believe that the Shaun Hill who played very well at the end of last season has suddenly become rubbish.

Hence, the classic board overreaction. And, it is just the beginning of the week. Davis starting right away will be the argument of the week, trust me. A poll will be conducted, and Davis will get more than 50% of the vote.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 30, 2009 at 5:04 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Agree. The gameday thread was ugly. There was a ton of heads jumping ship.
Originally posted by TheChozen:

Not everybody. But, there are a LOT of people who are overreacting. Go back to the last page and read that people are quitting on Hill, that he is terrible, and much, much more.

We live in a "in the moment" society that microanalyzes every snap, each series, every facial expression. I just think it is silly to suddenly believe that the Shaun Hill who played very well at the end of last season has suddenly become rubbish.

Hence, the classic board overreaction. And, it is just the beginning of the week. Davis starting right away will be the argument of the week, trust me. A poll will be conducted, and Davis will get more than 50% of the vote.

You are right. The thing is that this applies to every team, not just people on here. How many times have Eagles fans booed Donovan McNabb? People overreact but alot of people are concerned too. I'm a little concerned about the passing offense. It doesn't look like Sing has put too much emphasis on the pass. It could be nothing. I hope so. I believe Shaun Hill is a gamer but our starting O hasn't done alot. I agree with you that alot of the poles and threads are useless and uncalled for but some people on here just want their opinions heard and don't take the time to look for the proper thread. Doesn't necessarily mean everybody is overreacting.
I love what I am seeing from him!! GREAT arm and his pocket presence is something I haven't seen from any of our QBs in a long time. I would like to see him get a chance with the 1st team offense... why not?? It's preseason like you said! Give him a shot!
Originally posted by Giggiddy:
I love what I am seeing from him!! GREAT arm and his pocket presence is something I haven't seen from any of our QBs in a long time. I would like to see him get a chance with the 1st team offense... why not?? It's preseason like you said! Give him a shot!

Why not? Our first team offense needs as many reps as possible. At this point, the team should not be experimenting with QB's, either with Smith or Davis. Hill is the man, and he needs all the first team reps.

There seems to be no doubt that both Davis and Sheets have secured themselves a roster spot, and I think Huard is not going to be on the 53 man. We simply have a bigger need at WR, and in the secondary.
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Originally posted by Sactown49er:
Um...what happened last time we tried to fast-track a rookie QB??? Patience is a virtue!

ahmen brother!!! Let Hill start and make Davis compete with Smith for the number 2 job. Let Davis learn a little behind Hill and take the job from Smith and earn the job along with the respect of his team mates. I believe Davis is our future at QB, and I love his confidence and leadership telling the team not to settle for the FG.

Besides, I think its innevitable that Hill will get injured at some time and place durring the season and Ill bet it will occur behind Barry Sims(A.K.A. Kwame Part Deux)

if davis does anything hes starting. hill has not done one thing all preseason to show anything of being an nfl qb! even smith threw a td, so to me the qb battle should have not been ended.
Originally posted by Giggiddy:

Why not? Our first team offense needs as many reps as possible. At this point, the team should not be experimenting with QB's, either with Smith or Davis. Hill is the man, and he needs all the first team reps.

There seems to be no doubt that both Davis and Sheets have secured themselves a roster spot, and I think Huard is not going to be on the 53 man. We simply have a bigger need at WR, and in the secondary.

hill is not "the man" mad dog..... he is simply "a man" that got the nod. he has done nothing except win a couple of games after the d stepped up and sing became head coach. preseason performance....... need i say more
[ Edited by fan49 on Aug 30, 2009 at 5:53 PM ]