LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Balmer over Sopoaga

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Soap is an overpayed D-lineman who can bench press a truck.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I think we will see some interesting decisions on the Dline this year. Balmer seems to be coming on, especially since he was willing to spend his off season with J. Smith. He is getting consistent push so that counts for something. Mitchell, Egboh, RJF are also getting good play. So Soap may get pushed out if he is not careful.

So potentially J. Smith, A. Franklin, Balmer with RJF, Mitchell, MacDonald, Evans as backups.

I don't remember hearing this. Can you please explain
the sad part is were talking balmer over sopoaga? that's bad.
just put the fattest, heaviest DL we have at NT. His job is to take up two blockers, that's it. So put a fat ass in there and have him dive at the OL's ankles each play.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
I think we will see some interesting decisions on the Dline this year. Balmer seems to be coming on, especially since he was willing to spend his off season with J. Smith. He is getting consistent push so that counts for something. Mitchell, Egboh, RJF are also getting good play. So Soap may get pushed out if he is not careful.

So potentially J. Smith, A. Franklin, Balmer with RJF, Mitchell, MacDonald, Evans as backups.

Well, I am not Ninefan56, but I can explain

I remember reading about this, and lo and behold, I found this article from Barrows:

Link

This is the relevant part:
Quote:
He has the grunt-like mentality and work ethic needed at the position. That he spent the offseason working out with Justin Smith, one of the hardest workers on the team, is another sign that effort won't be an issue with Balmer.

So I am guardedly optimistic about Balmer as well, I hope he continues to show improvement and becomes a steady part of the D-line rotation this season
Balmer has alot of potential and we seen it when he got his hand on that pass to cause the interception. It would be nice to see him play a bit more often this year and see how he does I'm not sure he's ready to start yet though...not quite yet let's see how he plays against a big cowboy line!
Originally posted by NoOffseason:

Well, I am not Ninefan56, but I can explain

I remember reading about this, and lo and behold, I found this article from Barrows:

Link

This is the relevant part:
Quote:
He has the grunt-like mentality and work ethic needed at the position. That he spent the offseason working out with Justin Smith, one of the hardest workers on the team, is another sign that effort won't be an issue with Balmer.

So I am guardedly optimistic about Balmer as well, I hope he continues to show improvement and becomes a steady part of the D-line rotation this season

Thank you amigo. Good to hear, J. Smith reminds me of the tough kid everyone is afraid to approach in the playground. I knew J. Smith was pretty cool with Ray McDonald though.
Balmer looked good this week. The kid is improving.
Originally posted by English:
Why not put him in there at NT? That is where the need is

I remember this. It was in a article on the front page some time back.

Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by English:
Why not put him in there at NT? That is where the need is

Franklin has been playing very well since Sing took over

Yes he has. I dont know why there is still a bunch of hate for Franklin. He is not expected to get a pass rush. He clogs the middle and he is doing a much better job since Coach changed up the scheme.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Soap is an overpayed D-lineman who can bench press a truck.
Balmer over Sopoaga? How about we see how Balmer is playing at the end of the season before we place him over anyone long term. As for Sopoaga, massive strength only goes so far against offensive linemen who are craftsmen.
I have seen the future of our defensive line, and his name is Ricky Jean Francois.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for kujon11.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
I have seen the future of our defensive line, and his name is Ricky Jean Francois.

what did he do that impressed you so much?
Share 49ersWebzone