LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 397 users in the forums

ESPN fantasy quote on VD (Diss)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How do you know Vernon Davis: As a former No. 6 overall pick in the NFL draft who's looking more like a bust with each passing day? Or as the focus of Mike Singletary's ire when he gave his famous "Can't Win With 'Em" postgame speech? There's no questioning Davis' athletic skills, and it's true that he might have been a bit hamstrung with Mike Martz as his coordinator this past season, since Martz doesn't use tight ends as receivers. Still, we have a creeping sense that the main problem with Davis is the space between his ears. We're not buying low.
I don't have a problem with the bolded area above, but he's nowhere near a bust. Just based upon his outstanding blocking skills alone, Davis can't be considered a bust. Of course blocking skills aren't important in fantasy football, but I honestly couldn't care less about fantasy football. As is, he's a decent player that's a little immature emotionally, but he's close to taking that next step in catching the ball and running downfield afterwards. He looked pretty good in the first game.
meh this is his year
i'd still take him as one of my TE's this year
I drafted Tony Gonzalez and drafted Vernon in the 2nd to last round.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
but he's nowhere near a bust.

There's no doubting his blocking, but I don't have a problem with the "bust" label. You don't draft someone no. 6 overall to be a great blocking TE. Just goes to show how numbers don't always translate in to ability (including mental).
Originally posted by MichaelCrabtree:

There's no doubting his blocking, but I don't have a problem with the "bust" label. You don't draft someone no. 6 overall to be a great blocking TE. Just goes to show how numbers don't always translate in to ability (including mental).

i think he is a good TE, he hasnt been targeted much, especially last year with martz. the draft is uncertain. i thought crabtree woulda been competing for a starting job by now but he's being a douche. as they say, s**t happens and you play the cards your dealt
Fantasy

sign a damn contract already would ya

hey

quick being a baby and get out on the field already

• B650
  • Veteran
I don't think he's a bust at all. He will put up good numbers but I wouldn't call him a clutch player. He seems to have hands of brick.
Share 49ersWebzone