There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Boone vs Barry Sims

The 9ers know what Barry Sims is all about (not much), dude is over the hill.

On the other hand they need to learn what Alex Boone is all about (hugh upside).

Time for the 9ers to give pre-season playing time to Alex Boone, learn what they have.
Originally posted by BigMar:
The 9ers know what Barry Sims is all about (not much), dude is over the hill.

On the other hand they need to learn what Alex Boone is all about (hugh upside).

Time for the 9ers to give more pre-season playing time to Alex Boone, learn what they have.
over Barry Sims.
Don't overlook Kyle Howard. He can play multiple positions on the line.
did Boone play during the first preseason game? I completely forgot about him.
Originally posted by backontop:
did Boone play during the first preseason game? I completely forgot about him.

He played a little in the fourth quarter.

Sims doesn't add much to the team and is up there in age. Boone has potential. Advantage Boone.
barry simms is trash alex boon is a huge improvement... and that is saying alot
I think Alex Boone has a good chance of being a very solid starting RT in this league. He is a big, strong physical guy who has chance of being a very good run blocker and solid enough pass blocker. He may take a year or two develop but he has upside. The question is will we be able to get him on our PS if we cut him? Will we take the chance?
This is a no brainer. Boone is not going to make the 53 man, and Sims has a very good shot at making the team.

Boone is strictly a RT, and is the team's third stringer. Sims is the primary backup at LT.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
This is a no brainer. Boone is not going to make the 53 man, and Sims has a very good shot at making the team.

Boone is strictly a RT, and is the team's third stringer. Sims is the primary backup at LT.

I agree Sims has a better chance of making the team but I do not think he is a lock and I think Marvel Smith would be the teams primary backup at LT.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I agree that Sims may have a good shot at making the 53. He's participated in all the off season workouts, and is probably in the best shape he's been in for some time.

He's now been in a TC with a HC who demands focus, attention to detail, concentration, fundamentals, footwork, etc. (All the stuff that Sims didn't show against Miami last season.) If any of it has "rubbed off" on him, he may be a better player than he has shown in the past several years.

If he makes the team, you know he will have earned it honestly under Singletary.

Boone may also have a shot, but at RT, where he's competing against Snyder and M. Smith. Given his "character" issues, it's hard to believe anyone would try to take him off the PS, where I believe he'll find himself for this year. Just my take.
Sims is terrible , I wouldn't be surprised if Boone gave him a good run for his money.
Boone's jersey number?
Ok I don't get it, Barry Sims blew a major block that might have cost us the Miami game last year... But all things considered for a back up, he is serviceable. In that same Miami game he played very well except for the last play, against one of the NFL's top sack artist last year.

If any of you think that Alex Boone would hold up against Joey Porter, you are officially clueless.
Boone has a long way to go to prove jack, but we KNOW what we have in Sims...

Alex Boone in a landslide decision. (keep an eye on Bender as well)
i agree. i would cut sims and keep boone. the upside on boone is worth the risk of cutting sims. think about it keep a raw young beast and cut an old over the hill do nothing man ??

Go Boone!!