LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Best sits at the 'Stick?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hey guys,

I'm graduating college in December and to celebrate, I'm coming out to Frisco for a week to vacation and hit up a Niners game. I was wondering what seats I should strive for. I've been to Candlestick twice prior but I'd rather hear from people who go frequently, seeing as how they're the most familiar.

I once sat in Upper Box on the Niner sidelines and it was great because I wasn't too far away and had an all encompassing view of the field. I was thinking of going that route again but is Lower Box much better and worth it? Keep in mind I like to get loud so I'd like to steer clear of old people. Let me know cuz I'm gonna buy tickets today.

Thanks much

-Jersey
Whoops, best "seats" at the stick. All apologies. I'm a grammar fanatic.
honestly, i think the best vantage point is on the visitor side about 3 rows up because the visitor side is raised off the ground a little. but then you have to see the other team all game.

BUT, if i were you, i would buy the cheapest tickets and just chose anywhere to sit. for the past 5 years, i have not had a single issue finding ANY seat i wanted. i buy cheap tickets and move to wherever there is an open seat near the front. candlestick hasnt sold out in a long time. i think the only game i remember it being difficult to do that was opening night when willis was a rookie. it was a night game and it was pretty packed. but, dont worry about it. i do this all the time.
I would have to say that the best seats are in the corners of the endzones
examples : 46-48 Upper Box
1-3 Upper Box
19-17 Upper Box
61-62 Upper Box (cannot see big replay board)
BEST seats?

I'd say LR 16 or 18, on the aisle, just under the overhang.

On the 50, players' family (read: hot wives) walking by, just high enough to see the whole field, surrounded by long time season ticket holders, and protected from the elements.
  • rum53
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
honestly, i think the best vantage point is on the visitor side about 3 rows up because the visitor side is raised off the ground a little. but then you have to see the other team all game.

One issue with the visitor sideline seats is that you are looking towards the afternoon sun the entire game since the seats face west. September and October tend to be the sunniest months in SF and you can get a nice burn if not careful.
[ Edited by rum53 on Aug 20, 2009 at 10:13 AM ]
Originally posted by rum53:

One issue with the visitor sideline seats is that you are looking towards the afternoon sun the entire game since the seats face west. September and October tend to be the sunniest months in SF and you can get a nice burn if not careful.

Yep. My seats are over there and, if it is sunny and 72 degrees or more, you BAKE!
  • rum53
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Yep. My seats are over there and, if it is sunny and 72 degrees or more, you BAKE!

Other than the sun, I do have to admit that they are great seats.
  • navarro49ers
  • Info N/A
If you like to get loud!! I would sit in the South End Zone Lower Box area

GO NINERS!!!
right behind the endzone

• 49ersince86
  • Info N/A
without a doubt...Upper Box Sections 22 or 24, anything higher than row C as A,B,C get blocked by people walking in front of you at time....o and it's SAN FRANCISCO not frisco
Lower boxes for sure. Of course on the 50 or in that vicinity (under the press box), but lowers are just too low. It was made for baseball not football, so vantage is not so great.

yea, that is true. good point.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giant9er:
1-3 Upper Box
19-17 Upper Box

I'm a first year STH and my seats are in UR 48, row 12....AMAZING seats....You can see everything develop on the field.....And for $250, those season tix are WELL worth it haha.
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by Giant9er:
1-3 Upper Box
19-17 Upper Box

I'm a first year STH and my seats are in UR 48, row 12....AMAZING seats....You can see everything develop on the field.....And for $250, those season tix are WELL worth it haha.

You natives make me sick!
Share 49ersWebzone