LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 347 users in the forums

Balmer Power!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It usually takes a year or two for guys to get their technique down, in college he was able to overpower his opponents.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Calais Campbel is looking good, I hear. Drafted for the same position several picks later by the Cards. One of the reasons I didn't trust our lack of interest in Everett Brown. I don't think our guys scout DL or pass rushers that well.

Damn straight!
In Balmer's defense he was very raw coming out of college! Coach Singletary even said Balmer's D-line coach at UNC said that too. It will take some time to devolop as an NFL player. By the end of this season, I guarantee we will know what Kentwan Balmer can do!
Originally posted by PTulini:
In Balmer's defense he was very raw coming out of college! Coach Singletary even said Balmer's D-line coach at UNC said that too. It will take some time to devolop as an NFL player. By the end of this season, I guarantee we will know what Kentwan Balmer can do!

See i understand this but we're not the type of team that can afford to draft project players with our first round pick.

I'm hoping he'll get it together against the Raiders and make a play.

-9fA
Originally posted by PTulini:

I read the same thing about him being raw but I have also read where the coaches have been pretty high on him lately so my expectations have been raised a little bit. I am in agreement that that position takes a bit more time but I would like to see at least a few flashes and please , please don't make me wait till the end of the year.
yeah, balmer is a bust, so is glen dorsey. i was ready to call brodrick bunkley a bust 2 yrs ago too...and look how well he played last yr...his 3rd yr btw...
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by Dino:
He was massively overrated coming out of college IMO. I've always said that. I wish him the best though. I'd like to see him step it up.

The Balmer pick was a big reach for sure.....he was a 2nd round DL at best.

By what standards? Not many if any mock drafts had him available around where SF was picking at?
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Calais Campbel is looking good, I hear. Drafted for the same position several picks later by the Cards. One of the reasons I didn't trust our lack of interest in Everett Brown. I don't think our guys scout DL or pass rushers that well.

It doesn't matter, you wouldn't be seeing anything great from Brown yet either and then find something else to use hindsight glasses on.
Originally posted by susweel:
Bustville

Are you referring to the cheerleaders or Kentwan Balmer?
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by Dino:
He was massively overrated coming out of college IMO. I've always said that. I wish him the best though. I'd like to see him step it up.

The Balmer pick was a big reach for sure.....he was a 2nd round DL at best.

By what standards? Not many if any mock drafts had him available around where SF was picking at?

Yep, most mocks had him going the middle 1st round.

I would like to see more of him in regular season before I form to much of an opinion. He should step up big time the more playing time he gets.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sinsation:
yeah, balmer is a bust, so is glen dorsey. i was ready to call brodrick bunkley a bust 2 yrs ago too...and look how well he played last yr...his 3rd yr btw...

those guys actually produced in college
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Bustville

I remember saying Ted Washington was a bust going into his second year. Niners traded him to Denver for a scrub he ends up in Buffalo and becomes one of the games dominant NT for 10+ years and helps Bruce Smith become a HOF because it takes 2-3 guys to handle Washington.

Experience has taught me to hold off on heavy handed opinions and let these guys have 3-4 seasons to prove what they can do. I know it is hard to be patient but with WR, DL and QB have to give it time

• ninermatt
  • Info N/A
Good Bye Scotty. Hello Holmgren as GM and Team VP!
Originally posted by ninermatt:
Good Bye Scotty. Hello Holmgren as GM and Team VP!

I hope that's true, I don't trust Scotty making decisions but Holmgren who can doubt him at the helm!
Share 49ersWebzone