LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Moran Norris

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Bring back the dreads of glory!!!!!!! The Zak will destroy all and lead us to the golden land!!!!!!
Originally posted by BigRon:
Toby Gerhart for the next great FB

what makes you think he could block
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Norris blew a f**king load on us this season, it's time to get rid of him and either bring in a good vet, or MILLER TIME!

Norris, like Gore, didnt have an opening to take on blockers. Instead, since our oline was horrible for the most part of the season, Norris would run into a wall and couldnt find space to lead block.. I dont think Norris is anything special at FB, although Gore has a good relationship with him and I think thats nice to have with HB and your FB. Just my observation..
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:

Bring back the dreads of glory!!!!!!! The Zak will destroy all and lead us to the golden land!!!!!!

No please
we need a fullback that doesn't give away the play when he comes in. the problem with norris is that he isn't versatile at all. teams know when #44 hits the field it's a Gore run up the middle.

it goes w/o being said that norris sucked this season, leonard weaver would have been a perfect signing.
Moran Norris was signed while Weaver was still available!!! Our front office sucks!!! Moran Norris is a joke!
we could probably use that fb we signed fron Notre Dame as more of a pass catcher who could probably do a decent job of blocking for Gore.....not like our OL or FB helped a lot over the years but this way we can have a pass catching threat as well

lol
Please bring back FRED BEASLEY!
Originally posted by GEEK:
Before you start b***hing about Norris, tell me how many offensive snaps did he see this season?

/thread

good ol HTML humor.

• GORO
  • Veteran
Norris needs to be evaluated on his performance and not on his relationship with Gore. Bill Walsh released players past there prime.
Originally posted by GORO:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Norris blew a f**king load on us this season, it's time to get rid of him and either bring in a good vet, or MILLER TIME!

I do like that Miller guy. He gives value on special teams and can catch out of the backfield like Rathman and Bar None used to do.

Brit Miller definately needs a chance. Preseason or not, you cant deny a fullback with hands like that. Could be a Rathman protege.
Gore is a great guy, but he really shouldn't be involved in personnel decisions. Norris is his friend, but he just doesn't have it anymore. Time to move on.
Sure looks like the handwriting's on the wall for Norris...I'd say Brit Miller's probably going to be the guy next season. He's a good blocker, has good hands, and is a very good ST guy. If we only carry one FB, there should be roster space for a 4th RB...and we need one, big-time. We can use Wragge for short ydg blocking...so, no real reason to have more than one FB.

I will say I would rather have Zak catching and running the ball than Norris, but I remember seeing him get leveled a few times trying to block for Gore.... scare...

Gore's production didn't change much wihth Norris, so it would not really be a big loss to lose the guy...
Share 49ersWebzone