There are 172 users in the forums

Moran Norris

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Why does he suck?

When your base offensive package is 2 WRs, and 2 TEs, with 5 OL, 1 RB, and 1 QB, what does that equal?

2 + 2 = 4

4 + 5 = 9

9 + 1 + 1 = 11

Max number of offensive players on the field 11 = # of players in base off. package.

Conclusion:

1. Moran Norris barely gets on the field. 7 or 8 plays a game AT MOST
2. Our OTs are weak, and the two TE set allows to block 8 men in the box
3. Another pointless, useless thread in NinerTalk without looking at the facts.
We could just as easly signed Leonard weaver!, a guy with wheels and hands and freaking talent! I like Mo No No MO!
  • Mex49
A HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep yor head up and eyes open

f**k f**k f**k
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I believe the Niners are not pleased with him. Tom Rathman was the best FULLBACK during the Glory years. Norris is not as sound a blocker and he is not going to get us a first down on 3rd and short or 4th and short.

The signing of another Fullback early this off season is proof.
A little competition never hurts.
94 Bar None was as good as Rathman. Two great FBs. Sadly, this position is becoming extinct.
Toby Gerhart for the next great FB
Originally posted by GORO:
I believe the Niners are not pleased with him. Tom Rathman was the best FULLBACK during the Glory years. Norris is not as sound a blocker and he is not going to get us a first down on 3rd and short or 4th and short.

maybe, but i doubt they cut him, again, I wonder how Gore would take it this time.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by GORO:

maybe, but i doubt they cut him, again, I wonder how Gore would take it this time.

Yeah, it's a delicate issue since Gore personally asked for Norris to be signed. I would think that they'd discuss the situation with Gore if/when they make a move.

I personally think that Norris can be upgraded.

-9fA
f**kin love subjects in all caps

Norris blew a f**king load on us this season, it's time to get rid of him and either bring in a good vet, or MILLER TIME!
There actually is a thread dedicated to the fullback. It must be the offseason.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Before you start b***hing about Norris, tell me how many offensive snaps did he see this season?

/thread
The FB position is going into history. We sure didn't use Norris much the second half of the season. It might be better to have a more universal RB next year. Some teams even put a guard or blocking T.E. in to lead block on short yardage. In fact Delanie Walker would be a good player for that role...Oh that's right, some teams call that guy an "H" Back! Yes, Walker would make an excellent H Back! He can block, catch, and run the ball. Norris will stay...Sing still has a dream about a power running game, BUT wait, didn't the Skins, under Gibbs, have a kick ass power running game with John Riggins and the Hogs? Wait a minute...the Skins had a great O-Line, we don't. Maybe we should draft a R.T. in the Draft so that we can make use of Norris or Walker...but wait...........!
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Norris blew a f**king load on us this season, it's time to get rid of him and either bring in a good vet, or MILLER TIME!

I do like that Miller guy. He gives value on special teams and can catch out of the backfield like Rathman and Bar None used to do.
Share 49ersWebzone