LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Moran Norris

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
The 9'ers' vague explanation of "personal issues" has me paranoid. Norris' absence thus far smacks of head case and not family problems. Of course, tha's just a gut feeling and I could be pulling a rabbit outa my ar$&. Let's hope the Moran of '06 shows up, otherwise it could be Brit or even MRob 'cause I don't think Mr Keester, or whatever his name is, is the answer.

its personal issues its none of our business
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
The 9'ers' vague explanation of "personal issues" has me paranoid. Norris' absence thus far smacks of head case and not family problems. Of course, tha's just a gut feeling and I could be pulling a rabbit outa my ar$&. Let's hope the Moran of '06 shows up, otherwise it could be Brit or even MRob 'cause I don't think Mr Keester, or whatever his name is, is the answer.

its personal issues its none of our business

Whoa. Back of there hoss. No one said they had to reveal what the personal issues are, but that doesn't preclude us from speculating, esp when it impacts the team. Otherwise, why talk about half the issues that are brought up on this board? For example, it's also none of our business what the 9'ers offerred Crabtree or what he'll end up getting, but we've had about 2 billion posts on or around the subject! Whew!
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Originally posted by 9er_84:
Norris didn't suck in 08 our weak a&@ offensive coordinator didn't utilize him as a lead fullback! Norris is a monster lead blocker!!!

Norris was a detroit Lion in 08.

But you understand the argument being made.

Norris was a monster lead blocker in 2006 season, his first wth 9ers.

Norris was a sucky lead blocker in 2007 season, his second with 9ers.

Norris was on a 0-16 Lions team last season.

Like I already said.... which Norris are we getting in the 2009 season?

Lets see here. We had a real offensive coordinator in 06.
We had hostler in 07 and everyone sucked
in 08 well it was the lions and one man can't make a team win.

With that I say we get 06 Morran Norris. Now that wasn't hard now was it. Just a little logical thinking can go a long way

Dude, weez talk'en about BLOCKING here. Norris only good year BLOCKING was 2006.

What does a offensive coordinator have to do with a fullbacks job of BLOCKING?

I think its pretty obvious the point being made about the 2007 season is that the ENTIRE offense sucked under Hostler, not just Moran Norris.

Gore looked great in 2006, pretty bad in 2007, and didn't exactly light it up under Martz last year. Do you harbor the same concerns about which Gore we are going to get? Or do you recognize how an offense that struggles overall may make its players appear to struggle individually?
Norris didn't suck in 08 our weak a&@ offensive coordinator didn't utilize him as a lead fullback! Norris is a monster lead blocker!!!
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I know it was only one game but did Brit Miller remind anyone else besides myself of Marc Edwards....

Brit keeps it up and it's gonna be Miller time come game day.
Having read that Lorenzo Neals days seem behind him, I will still need to see Norris reprove himself.

Man, why couldn't M. Rob gain 25 pounds. That would have been scary for the defense.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
In hypothetical land, Patrick Willis sure would be fun to watch at FB.

FB? He would keep stealing the ball from the QB and run it himself or throw for a perfect 70 yard pass...

...to himself.
I sure hope the personal issues are behind him at this point, so he can come out and start developing a feel for game time and take some aggression out on the "Gangsta's" this weekend.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Having read that Lorenzo Neals days seem behind him, I will still need to see Norris reprove himself.

Man, why couldn't M. Rob gain 25 pounds. That would have been scary for the defense.

and how has M. Norris not proved anything? Did you not watch the 06 season?

Hey! I said REprove himself. 2006 was so 3 years ago.

Hey! I said REprove himself. 2006 was so 3 years ago.

he is still the same player. Unless the Lions infected him with "The Suck"
[ Edited by backontop on Aug 19, 2009 at 1:41 PM ]
On Gore's first td run, Norris led him through the hole and picked off two Seahawks. He got a seal block on the first guy and then screened off the second defender as Frank accelerated into the secondary.

Norris had a career game yesterday.
Originally posted by ninergold:
On Gore's first td run, Norris led him through the hole and picked off two Seahawks. He got a seal block on the first guy and then screened off the second defender as Frank accelerated into the secondary.

Norris had a career game yesterday.

For sure. The 49ers need to continue to utlilize Norris in the offense. If anything it will force teams to put a man on him.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

Norris was a detroit Lion in 08.

But you understand the argument being made.

Norris was a monster lead blocker in 2006 season, his first wth 9ers.

Norris was a sucky lead blocker in 2007 season, his second with 9ers.

Norris was on a 0-16 Lions team last season.

Like I already said.... which Norris are we getting in the 2009 season?

Lets see here. We had a real offensive coordinator in 06.
We had hostler in 07 and everyone sucked
in 08 well it was the lions and one man can't make a team win.

With that I say we get 06 Morran Norris. Now that wasn't hard now was it. Just a little logical thinking can go a long way

100% agree.

I second! Moran will be just fine. We have to stop SO critical on folks all the time. I'm glad he's back.
  • Mex49
I know he is our only true FB but he cant hit anybody and make a difference. I understand that the O-Line is not helping him but there were at least 3 plays where his man was able to help in tackles for a loss. And his running plays...please.
Share 49ersWebzone