LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Moran Norris

Shop Find 49ers gear online
it was an good call, poorly executed.

but i agree. i was shocked how many touches Norris got.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

doubled his career high in carries with 14 last year

WHY???

that's my point, it wasn't a good call based on your other options. when involving Moran Norris as a focal point on any play, you're going to get 50/50 at best because he's so limited, everything needs to be perfect to have success, that will not occur often.
it was a good play call just the wrong guy to throw too. he was wide open but alex smith sailed the ball. funny how sing wants us to be a smash mouth running team but on 4th and 1 from the 1 he calls a pass and not a run
Originally posted by rlott42:

that's my point, it wasn't a good call based on your other options. when involving Moran Norris as a focal point on any play, you're going to get 50/50 at best because he's so limited, everything needs to be perfect to have success, that will not occur often.

well, it was a good call in that it played against the defense's expectations. that was a sure TD if Smith and Norris execute properly. They didn't.
Raye is a mastermind. He knew the D wouldn't expect that, so he went with it. Next week, hand off to Iupati as he pulls. No one will expect that!

[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Sep 13, 2010 at 12:08:26 ]
good managers put players in a position to be successful. we obviously need to do better at that. asking Moran to block an LB, we can expect moderate success, asking Moran to go out in the flat and catch a good or bad pass is not putting him in a position to succeed.
Originally posted by rlott42:

It was a good call and the FB is the guy you want out there to make it work. On 4th and short the D is keying in Gore for the most part. Both the backs go the same way on a play action the LBs and DBs are supposed to think Gore got the ball, and it worked. Norris NOT being much of a threat is the reason he's the guy out there. It's the reason he was left alone to run into the endzone unaccounted for. Only problem was he decided to stop and turn around 3 yards from the end zone.

Moran Norris was the right current 49er out there. He just shouldn't be a 49er.

[ Edited by Gavintech on Sep 13, 2010 at 12:24:23 ]
I have as much confidence in a wide open Norris as I do anyone else in triple coverage

Originally posted by znk916:
I have as much confidence in a wide open Norris as I do anyone else in triple coverage

especially with smith throwing the ball.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by znk916:

especially with smith throwing the ball.

I know he's Gore's boy, but why they kept him instead of Robinson baffles me.
Moran should be able to make Brandon Lloyd catches.
Originally posted by leolion:
I know he's Gore's boy, but why they kept him instead of Robinson baffles me.

That move may have been the difference in the game yesterday. Robinson would have run the right route and caught that ball IMO. Going up 10-0 is huge compared to giving the other team a huge boost by missing on 4th down and only being up 3-0. Who knows what would have happened from that point?
Share 49ersWebzone