There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Moran Norris

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
don't you know all Fullbacks are known for making circus catches. Stop defending smith, it was a s**tty f**king throw. Moran had to spin all the way around to try and make the catch. There's a thing called "ball placement" that QB's in the NFL should be able to do. Smith cannot.

NO HE DIDN'T!!! He didn't make the catch BECAUSE he spun around.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by znk916:
does this look like a good football player to you?

It looks like a crappy throw.

a crappy throw that anyone besides Norris would've been able to adjust to properly and catch

You hit a 250 FB in the chest. He's not a WR or a TE.

you do realize Alex Smith had to throw it high on that play right?

There was a D-Lineman jumping and putting his hand out, the ball barely even cleared the Linemans hand. Any lower, and it would have been batted down.

I've seen highlights of that play all day and that is very inaccurate.

It wasn't accurate but Byham would've caught that. Hell Caulcrick or Brit Miller would've caught that. Dude he's probably the least athletic player we have, he's old and slow and big and he doesn't even block well anymore. He just does nothing for us and is a waste of a roster spot.

Watch the replay I posted. Alex Smith HAD to throw the ball high to get it over the safety that came down.

The mistake in the play is that Moran Norris turned his body too much at the 3 yard line and it prevented him from being able to adjust to a pass within the TD zone.

Pause the replay you posted at 4 seconds and you can see the safety had no shot to bat the pass down. Stop making excuses for Alex, it was a bad throw bottom line.

Mkaing excuses? WTF are you talking about? I think Alex had a terrible game and I'm no where close to a supporter. But I'm still able to be objective.

The safety totally had a shot at batting the ball down...The replay is at a bad angle to show it but at 4 seconds the safety clearly had a chance to knock down a ball that wasn't thrown high.

The mistake was Moran Norris turning his body the 3 yard line so much that he couldn't adjust to the ball.

This is exactly right. Alex did not play well, but this throw in particular was exactly where it was supposed to be. Norris F'd it all up.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
don't you know all Fullbacks are known for making circus catches. Stop defending smith, it was a s**tty f**king throw. Moran had to spin all the way around to try and make the catch. There's a thing called "ball placement" that QB's in the NFL should be able to do. Smith cannot.

He said "to try and make the catch". He didn't say he made the catch. You're making something out of nothing.

[ Edited by DarthNiner on Sep 13, 2010 at 09:48:10 ]

The funniest part is in the Oakland paper today, the niner hating oakland paper, they first paragraph in the article said how Alex lead the receiver and he stopped and turned around, effectively putting himself in the wrong position to catch the ball.

If the Niner hating oakland paper can see that, why do niner fans finds another reason the play didn't work? .........
i agree we need a younger faster wrecking ball but i mean why are we running him and not davis i mean wtf guys were throwing him the ball now y he is a blocker end of story i vote sopoaga for fullback in the red zone!
does this look like a good football player to you?

It looks like a crappy throw.

a crappy throw that anyone besides Norris would've been able to adjust to properly and catch

You hit a 250 FB in the chest. He's not a WR or a TE.

you do realize Alex Smith had to throw it high on that play right?

There was a D-Lineman jumping and putting his hand out, the ball barely even cleared the Linemans hand. Any lower, and it would have been batted down.

I've seen highlights of that play all day and that is very inaccurate.

Only Vid I could find of it:

It was actually the safety, you can see him come down and make a jump for the ball. The camera angle behind Alex Smith shows the Safety missed the ball by like 2-3 inches if that.

Moran Norris mistake was he turned his whole body towards the ball too early. Once his while body was turned, he didn't have the agility to adjust to the ball. He turned his whole body at like the 3 yard line instead of near the goal line.

Excellent post man. You just changed my whole perception of that play.

Alex had a terrible game. But that throw was not part of it/

I've looked at the play again. He turned his body to face the ball, then back pedaled to catch it the ball. I think had he turned his head, spot the ball, and kept his feet moving towards the endzone he would had made the catch.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

He said "to try and make the catch". He didn't say he made the catch. You're making something out of nothing.

No s**t he said try, he didn't make the catch. That's what you say when the catch isn't made. He tried to, but he didn't. My point isn't what he tried to do, it's what he did. Which is make a full 180 spin, tripping over his own feet, when he had no idea where he was on the field or where the ball was.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I've looked at the play again. He turned his body to face the ball, then back pedaled to catch it the ball. I think had he turned his head, spot the ball, and kept his feet moving towards the endzone he would had made the catch.

Exactly. That's what he should have done and most NFL players would have done.
Alex had to thrown the ball high over the defender.
I like how he doubled his career high in carries last year from 7 to 14 under Jimmy Raye and is getting plays called for him at the goal line

WHY??

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5563/career;_ylt=AqR1ooIRho8wllE0ljohH5b.uLYF

[ Edited by znk916 on Sep 13, 2010 at 10:23:43 ]
True Moran isn't a great reciever, but that was on Alex. In typical fashion he just proves he has no touch. Even if Moran is back peddling, do you really need to lob it over his head? Every dam through Alex makes is off target and way above the recievers head.

The only other thing I'll say is unless they practiced that play I would never risk a goal line 4th and 1. Plays for situations like that should be preprogrammed and packaged. There should be no miscommunication.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 13, 2010 at 10:27:14 ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
True Moran isn't a great reciever, but that was on Alex. In typical fashion he just proves he has no touch. Even if Moran is back peddling, do you really need to lob it over his head? Every dam through Alex makes is off target and way above the recievers head.

The only other thing I'll say is unless they practiced that play I would never risk a goal line 4th and 1. Plays for situations like that should be preprogrammed and packaged. There should be no miscommunication.

It was a perfect throw into the end zone with nice touch on it. Dude just sucks and spun himself around at the 3 yard line for no reason.

It was a perfect throw into the end zone with nice touch on it. Dude just sucks and spun himself around at the 3 yard line for no reason.

You're 100% correct, but the Chicken Littles around here won't stand for that reasoning.

Perfect throw lmao. Like the perfect high throw he had to Morgan in the endzone.

lol at the argument that Norris should have ran deeper into the endzone to catch a high thrown ball.

[ Edited by Hopper on Sep 13, 2010 at 10:57:25 ]