LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 195 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 14)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Upon further review im going to build up the hype machine a little bit more. I went to NFL.com to look at the SF vs Philly game preview and was very surprised to see the stat sheets... There leading rusher has less than 600 yards, Mcnabb has played in 3 more games than Alex but only has three more TD passes than Alex. Everyone is so quick to think the Eagles are a top Dog and the 49ers are a huge underdog.

Break down there 4 game winning streak shale we, They beat Chicago by 4 points... um not that impressive, so did the 49ers. They beat the skins by only 3 points... The redskins, as in one of the worst teams out there and in philly no less. Then they beat ATL with no Matt ryan and no turner, they may as well have been playing the lions. Last they put up 40 points against the giants, this isn't rare for them. Philly putting up big points against new york is explained the same way when asked why the 49ers can beat Arizona... We just can.

To add fuel to the fire, as an above post stated "Oakland beat philly" while using Russel at the helm no less. If our defense can come to play like it did in week 14, not only do we have a chance to win, but we could probably win by a few touchdowns. There isn't a single thing they do that impresses me that makes me real nervous. If our D plays up to potential and we can get frank going again than we have good chance to shock the football world yet again.
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Who's going to cover DeSean Jackson?

Brown/small and fast !

Spencer will cover him just fine. Just look at who he covered for the last 4 games...

Fitgereald had 2 catches for 20 yards
Houshmandzadeh had 5 catches for 37 yards
Sims-Walker 4 catches 46 yards
Donald Driver 5 catches 40 yards...

For the most part his whole season repeats this trend, his average is about 4 catches for 45 yards in his area. I don't think he has given up a 100 yards to a wide out all year, I would have said Atlanta but it was our high priced DB Nat Clements that was covering Roddy white that day.
Well it feels good that some Eagles fans aren't overlooking us, here are some of their thoughts

Quote:
After watching the 49ers last night, I'm pretty scared about this Sunday. Their defense, even without the turnovers, looked great. They doubled Fitz all night and it worked... and they had Boldin on the other side... what are we going to do when they double DeSean? Reggie Brown is not exactly Anquan Boldin.

Gore is a quicker/smaller/more dynamic/much better version of Brandon Jacobs who we couldn't slow down at all last week.

Vernon Davis has developed into a beast and guess what position we absolutely suck at covering...

Plus it just seems about time that the Eagles get a little too confident and overlook a game against a team under .500 (and is much better than that).

We've got to blitz the living crap out of Smith, run the ball consistently, and bring out the screen game more to win against these guys... and having Celek healthy/playing would help too.

Quote:
Dont sleep on these guys, they can and will **** us if we overlook them......But if we handle it like we should it shouljd be an interesting game.

Quote:
Trap game....big time...

We need to play this like Tampa, good protection for deep ones for an early lead, take Gore out of the game, blitz, blitz, blitz and then blitz some more and give Smith no time to find Davis and Crabtree, because if the secondary tackles like they did on Sunday, those two will burn us np...

Can't sleep on these guys, they are better than their record suggests.

Eagles say they are horrible against TE's, kinda like how we suck against screens. I hope the coaches see that and Davis burns the f**k outta them

Also Maclin is out and Celek might be out too

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Dec 16, 2009 at 10:15:33 ]
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49Gorillas:
Upon further review im going to build up the hype machine a little bit more. I went to NFL.com to look at the SF vs Philly game preview and was very surprised to see the stat sheets... There leading rusher has less than 600 yards, Mcnabb has played in 3 more games than Alex but only has three more TD passes than Alex. Everyone is so quick to think the Eagles are a top Dog and the 49ers are a huge underdog.

Break down there 4 game winning streak shale we, They beat Chicago by 4 points... um not that impressive, so did the 49ers. They beat the skins by only 3 points... The redskins, as in one of the worst teams out there and in philly no less. Then they beat ATL with no Matt ryan and no turner, they may as well have been playing the lions. Last they put up 40 points against the giants, this isn't rare for them. Philly putting up big points against new york is explained the same way when asked why the 49ers can beat Arizona... We just can.

To add fuel to the fire, as an above post stated "Oakland beat philly" while using Russel at the helm no less. If our defense can come to play like it did in week 14, not only do we have a chance to win, but we could probably win by a few touchdowns. There isn't a single thing they do that impresses me that makes me real nervous. If our D plays up to potential and we can get frank going again than we have good chance to shock the football world yet again.

We can't take this opportunity for granted. They gotta go to Philly & take care of business. Learn from the Cards game.
Why is it that the screen always kills us!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
You wonna hear something scary.

Micheal Lewis trying to cover Desean Jackson.

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!
It looks like the weather won't be an issue.

38 degrees and mostly sunny is the forecast . . .

Or not . . . .

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Dec 19, 2009 at 09:05:56 ]
we must win! we will win!
Supposedly Smith is great against the blitz...!

-9fA
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!

Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by 49Gorillas:

We can't take this opportunity for granted. They gotta go to Philly & take care of business. Learn from the Cards game.

We need to go into Philly & be aggressive from the beginning just like the Cards game! Go 49ers!
We are definitely not afraid of Philly nor should we be. Confidence goes a long way for a young team. We only lose if we kill ourselves. Story of the season. Play a sound mistake free game and we can get out of there with a W , GO NINERS
No disrespect to the Lions or Rams(hey, any given Sunday right) but this game is our season. Lose and its definitely no playoffs. Win and we still got hope. Dallas is going through their annual December to not remember and Atlanta is falling hard and fast with Matt Ryan and Michael Turner out.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
No disrespect to the Lions or Rams(hey, any given Sunday right) but this game is our season. Lose and its definitely no playoffs. Win and we still got hope. Dallas is going through their annual December to not remember and Atlanta is falling hard and fast with Matt Ryan and Michael Turner out.

For what it's worth, the 49ers are best in NFL at making opposition commit penalties. SF opponents have 102 penalties for 840 yards

maiocco
Share 49ersWebzone