There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 14)

Originally posted by PTulini:

"Nobody says 'If he dies he dies' about MY friend! This whipping is for Apollo, b**yatch!"

[ Edited by 666SF666SF on Dec 16, 2009 at 06:31:05 ]
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Since we're using Rocky references

"What's your prediction for the game?"

"Prediction?"

"Yes, prediction."

"Pain"

I'm worried about Leonard Weaver. Last time we played that fool, he looked like greased lightning. One plus is that Jeremy Maclin is injured, with Kevin Curtis subbing in. We still have to deal with Avant and DeSean Jackson, however. And Celek is supposed to be pretty good too. I think we're going to stuff their run pretty well...but with the Eagles, we've always gotten burned on long plays. We need to get consistent pressure on McNabb, without getting our blitzes picked up and gashed for long gains. Ahmad Brooks might play a big part in this game.

[ Edited by Psinex on Dec 16, 2009 at 07:22:06 ]
anyone have word on how healthy they are? I see they are second in penalties, suggesting a possibly nasty game...
Brian Westbrook will do "very little work" with the Eagles starters on Wednesday, a source tells beat writer Brian Seltzer.
Westbrook's status for this week is still very much up in the air. He returned to the practice field last week and only worked with the scout team. He'll have to get some first-team work in this week to be a part of the game plan. Even when Westbrook does return, it's highly unlikely he'll have a major role in the offense. He's not a fantasy option yet.

Jason Avant is projected to be the Eagles' starting wideout opposite DeSean Jackson with Jeremy Maclin (foot) out for Week 15.
Avant is usually a slot receiver, but the team website lists him as the starting split end in its projected lineups against the 49ers. Reggie Brown would've been the other candidate to start opposite Jackson. The Niners' pass defense has been stout of late, but consider Avant a WR3 option this week.

Scout.com's Adam Caplan expects Kevin Curtis (knee) to be a No. 4 receiver at best should he be healthy enough to play in Week 15.
Curtis has been out since Week 2 recovering from knee woes, and then had surgery. He'll play behind DeSean Jackson, Reggie Brown, and Jason Avant with Jeremy Maclin (foot) out indefinitely. Curtis will not be a starter.
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by teeohh:
The Raiders beat the Eagles, we should too

nah that was a fluke too

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Who's going to cover DeSean Jackson?

[ Edited by mayo63 on Dec 16, 2009 at 08:10:50 ]
Go Niner's ...."Pluck the Bird's"
9ers win 24-20
My guess:

Niners will cover the spread (+10) but will eventually lose, 23-17.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
My guess:

Not if our D shows up.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
My guess:

Not if our D shows up.

Originally posted by mayo63:

Probably the same guys who shut down Fitz and Boldin.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Probably the same guys who shut down Fitz and Boldin.

I'm not so sure about that. DeSean is a different animal than Fitz and Boldin... His speed and quickness is incredible and he isn't known for size and strength like the Card's WRs so I'm assuming they will use a different strategy against him.

Brown/small and fast !