There are 181 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 14)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Who's ready?

i am pumped! can't wait for this game

Hell ya! Let's go 49ers!

cant wait till p. willis crushes vick!
Wow, this will be the biggest test of the year by far. This is a team which is always in the playoffs and has been playing great as of late. This will show us how far we have come or how far we still have to go. The 49ers have to come out with the same emotion on Sunday as they did last night to have a chance.
AY
f**kKKKKK THE EAGGGLESSS!!!!
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Could this game possibly get moved to Sunday night?

And bump Favre??

very funny

You dont bump Lord Favre.

we could have if we beat seattle
If we can knock off the Eagles on the road, it might our biggest win in a LONG time.

-9fA
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by PTulini:

"I must break you."
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
If we can knock off the Eagles on the road, it might our biggest win in a LONG time.

-9fA

true that, we need to start beating these types of teams
I think the eagles are facing a team that can pass if you go 8 in the box and run if you go to the nickel. we saw last game that we made ari respect the pass because of previous weeks, then when they adjusted we were able to get em with the run. this wasn't the case earlier in the year because teams knew we could not pass so they loaded up on frank, now they can't or vd, crabs, morgan, walker and gore will beat them in the air. we will be physical and run on their front seven and our big receivers will dominate their secondary with their downfield blocking on those dbs to extend gore's runs and smith will hit his formidable targets for chunks of yards and on d we will replicate what we did to ari which was to acknowledge that they don't run the ball as well as they pass and simply rush a couple and drop the rest back in coverage and let willis snuff out the run and blanket mcnabb's targets. on special teams, i have faith andy lee will place the ball consistently in positions for us to succeed in stopping jackson's return game. i also think that spencer and goldson will be way too physical with jackson in the passing game for him to be successful. with westbrook (heart and soul) sidelined, they don't stand a chance even with home field. we have taken our a games to indy and minny and i know sing will make us bring it to philly in the cold, hostile environment. we will beat this finesse passing team into the ground just like we did arizona
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I think the eagles are facing a team that can pass if you go 8 in the box and run if you go to the nickel. we saw last game that we made ari respect the pass because of previous weeks, then when they adjusted we were able to get em with the run. this wasn't the case earlier in the year because teams knew we could not pass so they loaded up on frank, now they can't or vd, crabs, morgan, walker and gore will beat them in the air. we will be physical and run on their front seven and our big receivers will dominate their secondary with their downfield blocking on those dbs to extend gore's runs and smith will hit his formidable targets for chunks of yards and on d we will replicate what we did to ari which was to acknowledge that they don't run the ball as well as they pass and simply rush a couple and drop the rest back in coverage and let willis snuff out the run and blanket mcnabb's targets. on special teams, i have faith andy lee will place the ball consistently in positions for us to succeed in stopping jackson's return game. i also think that spencer and goldson will be way too physical with jackson in the passing game for him to be successful. with westbrook (heart and soul) sidelined, they don't stand a chance even with home field. we have taken our a games to indy and minny and i know sing will make us bring it to philly in the cold, hostile environment. we will beat this finesse passing team into the ground just like we did arizona

Wowwwww..... slow down. DeSean Jackson is a worry for me. Boldin and Fitz aren't speed guys and we'll be facing a guy that has some wheels. We're going to have to play smart disciplined football and make sure he doesn't get over the top. We also need to play physical against Avant because he can shred you too. Philly is notorious for the screen passes and we have been a little weak against the screen this year. We have to be very very very very careful with their offense.

We have to put pressure on McNabb. We have to knock him down, sack him, hit him, and beat him up.

Their defense isn't really a worry of mine. I doubt our OLine is going to play as well as they did against AZ. I think this game is going to end up being Alex Smith vs. their defense and Donovan McNabb vs. ours.

What a great test!
Originally posted by Spoonerism:

Wowwwww..... slow down. DeSean Jackson is a worry for me. Boldin and Fitz aren't speed guys and we'll be facing a guy that has some wheels. We're going to have to play smart disciplined football and make sure he doesn't get over the top. We also need to play physical against Avant because he can shred you too. Philly is notorious for the screen passes and we have been a little weak against the screen this year. We have to be very very very very careful with their offense.

We have to put pressure on McNabb. We have to knock him down, sack him, hit him, and beat him up.

Their defense isn't really a worry of mine. I doubt our OLine is going to play as well as they did against AZ. I think this game is going to end up being Alex Smith vs. their defense and Donovan McNabb vs. ours.

What a great test!

I think after we saw how successful we can be in bump and run coverage thats what we need to do to limit the down field threats since Jackson is on the smaller side and could get held up at the LOS with the correct gameplan. Its all about knocking off McNabbs timing as that is exactly what the WC O is all based on.

We can slow down their D with all of the weapons we now have on offense and could win if we pass more and keep them on their toes to open up some lanes for Gore when needed to take advantage of what they are willing to give up.

WE HAVE TO WATCH OUT FOR VICK!!!.... in the Wildcat as he has shown to add a different dimension to their offense.

These will be the keys to success!!!

Originally posted by loyal9er:

What a great test!

I think after we saw how successful we can be in bump and run coverage thats what we need to do to limit the down field threats since Jackson is on the smaller side and could get held up at the LOS with the correct gameplan. Its all about knocking off McNabbs timing as that is exactly what the WC O is all based on.

We can slow down their D with all of the weapons we now have on offense and could win if we pass more and keep them on their toes to open up some lanes for Gore when needed to take advantage of what they are willing to give up.

WE HAVE TO WATCH OUT FOR VICK!!!.... in the Wildcat as he has shown to add a different dimension to their offense.

stick a pit bull in the endzone
JUST WIN BABY!
Originally posted by loyal9er:

What a great test!

Parys really need to quit giving up the edge on the right side. That is the only way Vick gets us in my mind. I'm not too worried about Vick.

I understand your physical cornerback play idea but what Jackson lacks in size he makes up for in quickness. It isn't exactly easy to bump this guy. His sight adjusting is really good too. He knows where the help is coming from and how the defense is trying to play him. That is why he is frequently open with no one around. We can bottle him up if our defense keeps him in front of them and knocks is block off a couple of plays. On special teams is where we have to watch him.

The Raiders beat up McNabb and that is how they won. We have to hit him early and often and not let him extend plays.
  • RowdyRaza
  • Info N/A
we cant over look their tight end avant, and brown

there is no one on their offense who is sucks everyone is good in one way or another we're just going to have to get to mcnabb if we want any chance of winning this game i have a weird feeling we're going to some how get f**ked over
Does anyone know how I can find out what hotel the team is staying at? If I can't go to the game, I'd like to try and meet our players.
Share 49ersWebzone