LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 14)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Forget Philly. I'm more worried about Detroit than I am Philly.

why?

Everyone is thinking Philly is this GREAT team and they aren't. They don't play in a great division even though everyone seems to think it's Jesus' division or something. The Giants and the Cowboys aren't even that good. Honestly, I think the best team right now in that division is the Redskins.

We've played much better teams than this. I think the Cards are a better team. I think a lot of what Philly does offensively the Cards do offensively so we won't have to change up our game plan that much. We take away the big play on offense and special teams and they're done.

I hope our players have the same contempt for the Eagles that I do. I want them to go in and impose their will and show the NFL that they aren't great and powerful but really just a little old man behind the curtain on a loud speaker.

So yeah, f*&k Philly. I'm more worried about Detroit.

... yeah.
I don't know when the last time this 49ers team did something to propel themselves over the hump... I jus don't see us winning this game.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I don't know when the last time this 49ers team did something to propel themselves over the hump... I jus don't see us winning this game.

You'll see.
  • Dino
  • Veteran

why?

Everyone is thinking Philly is this GREAT team and they aren't. They don't play in a great division even though everyone seems to think it's Jesus' division or something. The Giants and the Cowboys aren't even that good. Honestly, I think the best team right now in that division is the Redskins.

We've played much better teams than this. I think the Cards are a better team. I think a lot of what Philly does offensively the Cards do offensively so we won't have to change up our game plan that much. We take away the big play on offense and special teams and they're done.

I hope our players have the same contempt for the Eagles that I do. I want them to go in and impose their will and show the NFL that they aren't great and powerful but really just a little old man behind the curtain on a loud speaker.

woooooooooooooooooow

why?

Go 9ers!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Who said we're not playoff worthy?

THE PLAYOFFS BEGIN ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO OR DIE TIME FOR OUR BELOVED.
Originally posted by Dino:

why?

woooooooooooooooooow

That's what I predicted in an earlier thread. I have a feeling we're going to roll them Eagles into the ground and then have to rally against Detroit to beat them.
I disagree with the idea that the Iggles are not a good team. They are a very good team and are very well coached. They are the class of the NFC East, IMO, and better than the Tards.

If we were facing the Iggles at home, I would not be very concerned. However, this team does not play well on the road. So, having said all of that, Niners in a squeaker: 27-24.

-A Homer.

Vernon Davis allllll day!
Speaking of this weekends game against Phili, something just occurred to me. Even though the eagles are coming off a four game winning streak doesn't mean they are going to win the next one.

Two weeks ago, the vikes were supposed to beat the cards and they didn't. The Niners were supposed to beat the hawks but they didn't.
On Monday night the cards were supposed to beat the Niners and clinch the division but they didn't.
This Sunday the eagles are supposed to beat the 49ers but there is no guarantee that they will just because they are supposed to. And everybody and thier brother thinks the cards will march into detroit and walk off with another victory but will they?

So why should anyone expect this Sunday's games will be any different? GO NINERS !

I see a trend starting here, does anyone else?

[ Edited by NJNiner on Dec 17, 2009 at 13:52:33 ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I disagree with the idea that the Iggles are not a good team. They are a very good team and are very well coached. They are the class of the NFC East, IMO, and better than the Tards.

If we were facing the Iggles at home, I would not be very concerned. However, this team does not play well on the road. So, having said all of that, Niners in a squeaker: 27-24.

-A Homer.

I never said the Eagles weren't a good team. I said people call them this GREAT team when they're not. I wouldn't say very good team but I will say that if Andy Reid ran the ball more I might actually be worried. But he doesn't and he never will. So well coached, yeah. The best coach on that squad? Jim Johnson in my opinion.

They bring a ton of heat and it's really predictable. If Raye and Alex aren't ready to eat this defense alive I'm going to have a heart attack.
I hope our defense comes to play & takes Desean Jackson out of his big plays & our offense is very physical & balanced. If our o-line plays like monday night we will control the game.
Ditka is the only expert to pick us to beat Philly

[ Edited by valrod33 on Dec 17, 2009 at 15:01:00 ]
Share 49ersWebzone