There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 14)

Is there anyway that the game gets switched to the night game?
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Is there anyway that the game gets switched to the night game?

no the flex game has to be announced 12 days prior
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by 49Gorillas:
Upon further review im going to build up the hype machine a little bit more. I went to NFL.com to look at the SF vs Philly game preview and was very surprised to see the stat sheets... There leading rusher has less than 600 yards, Mcnabb has played in 3 more games than Alex but only has three more TD passes than Alex. Everyone is so quick to think the Eagles are a top Dog and the 49ers are a huge underdog.

Break down there 4 game winning streak shale we, They beat Chicago by 4 points... um not that impressive, so did the 49ers. They beat the skins by only 3 points... The redskins, as in one of the worst teams out there and in philly no less. Then they beat ATL with no Matt ryan and no turner, they may as well have been playing the lions. Last they put up 40 points against the giants, this isn't rare for them. Philly putting up big points against new york is explained the same way when asked why the 49ers can beat Arizona... We just can.

To add fuel to the fire, as an above post stated "Oakland beat philly" while using Russel at the helm no less. If our defense can come to play like it did in week 14, not only do we have a chance to win, but we could probably win by a few touchdowns. There isn't a single thing they do that impresses me that makes me real nervous. If our D plays up to potential and we can get frank going again than we have good chance to shock the football world yet again.

We can't take this opportunity for granted. They gotta go to Philly & take care of business. Learn from the Cards game.

We need to go into Philly & be aggressive from the beginning just like the Cards game! Go 49ers![/quote]

I don't understand why we didn't play with that same aggressiveness all season. It would have made the difference in some of those close games and we could have won.
  • TMDevious
  • Info N/A
Philly will be a challenge, esp. with the way they have been playing the last few weeks. I think our defense can match up well with their offense (as long as our safety play their part). This Monday night, we showed what we're capable of defensively, but I wouldn't compare the Eagles offense with Arizona.

For starters:

1) They still have a very potent QB who can spread the field.

2) Jackson will be hard to cover (just glad that Macklin is hurt). This is where our primary problem will be (again, unless our safety(s) plays their part).

3) McCoy is a speedster but he is more of a side-to-side runner that will play to our front 7's strength. I see him getting some good runs but will not go for more than 100 in this game.

4) Their defense can impose thier style of play to us. I just hope that Raye is smart enough to not let it happen. Although a new coordinator is in place for them, they are still a blitzing team and I hope our OLine can compensate.

5) The way I see it, our defense can counter their offense so it will be up to our offense to shine vs. their defense.

I can see us winning this game, but it will be a hard game, esp. playing at the Vet.

Final score: 28 - 24 49ers
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
It looks like the weather won't be an issue.

38 degrees and mostly sunny is the forecast . . .

According to the local ABC station here (WPVI):

37°

Clouds and breaks of sun; breezy with a couple of snow showers possible

Feels Like: 22°

Winds: 18mph NW
F*ck the eagles we should of beat them last year!! This game is very winnable.
Eagles TE Brent Celek was held out of practice today, (2nd straight day) but HC Andy Reid expects him to be ready to play this Sunday.

Originally posted by PTulini:
Eagles TE Brent Celek was held out of practice today, (2nd straight day) but HC Andy Reid expects him to be ready to play this Sunday.

All it will take is one hit from Patrick Willis and Celek will be hurt again, the diagnosis will be Willis-itis
Anyone going to the game???? I have tickets, me and my gf are going, unfortunately she is an Eagles fan I can't help it I met her that way.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Anyone going to the game???? I have tickets, me and my gf are going, unfortunately she is an Eagles fan I can't help it I met her that way.

Man, I really wish I could go. Tickets are so expensive! Even so, no one else in my family is a very big football fan. Hell, I'd go be my myself if I could just get a ticket!

• B650
  • Veteran
We have to play flawless football to come out of Philadelphia with a win. We played well against Arizona. Now we'll see if this team can play like that 2 games in a row. I think it'll be a close one. Hopefully we can get Gore going to keep the McNabb off the field.
Forget Philly. I'm more worried about Detroit than I am Philly.
Originally posted by Spoonerism:

why?
Eagles HC Andy Reid comments on the 49ers... (AUDIO)
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Spoonerism:

why?

Everyone is thinking Philly is this GREAT team and they aren't. They don't play in a great division even though everyone seems to think it's Jesus' division or something. The Giants and the Cowboys aren't even that good. Honestly, I think the best team right now in that division is the Redskins.

We've played much better teams than this. I think the Cards are a better team. I think a lot of what Philly does offensively the Cards do offensively so we won't have to change up our game plan that much. We take away the big play on offense and special teams and they're done.

I hope our players have the same contempt for the Eagles that I do. I want them to go in and impose their will and show the NFL that they aren't great and powerful but really just a little old man behind the curtain on a loud speaker.

So yeah, f*&k Philly. I'm more worried about Detroit.