LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

OFFICIAL JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS VS SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS GAMEDAY THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jaguars game: This is it, we lose this game we are done for good and things could get really ugly. On paper we match up good vs the Jaguars. They don't have much of a pass rush so you would think this would be a week where our Qb could get some decent protection but unless we are in a spread, our O-Line can't pass block to save their lives and last week going in on I thought we could get a pass rush on a Packers O-Line that had given up the most sacks in the NFL and Rodgers ended up with having all day to throw pretty much all game long.

I like our run defense vs Maurice Jones-Drew though last week we struggled stopping the run and really struggled on screens. I think losing Takeo Spikes had a lot to do with that. I think Spikes will play tomorrow. The Jaguars start two rookie offensive tackles so we should...Nah we ain't getting any pass rush! The Jaguars have their best cornerback and one of the best in the league in Rashean Mathis out of this game as well, they start two young corners who have been shaky. If Alex Smith can get some time and Raye actually opens it up a little to start the game, I do like our receivers doing damage against a subar Jaguars secondary.

This is a game we really should win and need to win. Man if we come out flat and struggle vs the Jaguars I give up on this season for good and I think were in trouble with Singletary in charge. Gotta win this game, no excuses!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Two coaches I would be interested in if Jack Del Rio and his staff get fired are Dirk Koetter the OC (former Arizona State and Boise State HC. He is the one who got the Boise State program going and they use the same offensive system he put in place there) and O-line coach Mike Tice.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Koetter
Derrick Harvey has 0 sacks this year. So look for a 2-3 sack game out of him tomorrow if he is lined up up on Adam Snyder's side a lot (from what I have seen, Harvey plays right and left D-end for the Jags)

I hope to see Josh Morgan on Kick returns and I wish he was returning punts but I guess it will be one of the former Sooner's, Reggie Smith or Brandon Jones. I'd rather see Smith back there.
Attack, attack, attack...f**k the conservative approach!

We need to drive the score, defend the lead, and vanquish our foe!

Enough of the doubt! It is time Raye trusts Alex and Co. to do what they do best right now and that is attack. When Alex does, we score. The film proves it.

Not only must the offense begin with attacking the D, but so must the D attack pocket Hercules. He IS their offense. Take him away and concentrate on the pass. We have the advantage.

I believe that the Jax D will underestimate Alex and friends as most here do. Alex has shown he can throw and be successful doing it especially when defended against the one thing he must succeed in, the pass. Therefore, I believe that Raye will come out attacking like he did against the Bears, but stick with it and not revert back to conservative play calling.

For once, Singletary must put away the pride which has clouded his judgment during the last few weeks. Pride be damn and trust your guys to deliver on all sides of the ball.

It is time for Alex to win one for us no matter how he does it. It is time for "put up or shut up". IT is time for us to win a game without question. This is it. This is the game!

It is time we prove we belong!!!!

if we dont win this game...i can see a 6-10 season
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Thinking of laying a $1,000 on my 9ers tomorrow, just won $750 thanks to Hawaii beating Navy. A few things make me nervous though, first off its Alex Smith and his inconsistency, next is our poor ass tackling that I've been witnessing. And last but not least is Jimmy's Rayes inability to get this offense coming outta the gates firing on all cylinders, that's what scares me.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Let's do this.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Is that Smith?

Let's GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Derrick Harvey has 0 sacks this year. So look for a 2-3 sack game out of him tomorrow if he is lined up up on Adam Snyder's side a lot (from what I have seen, Harvey plays right and left D-end for the Jags)

I hope to see Josh Morgan on Kick returns and I wish he was returning punts but I guess it will be one of the former Sooner's, Reggie Smith or Brandon Jones. I'd rather see Smith back there.

Adam Snyder really freaks me out but I think if you get the bull rushers on their toes by doing some pitches and change of directions plays they would slow down a bit. The worst thing for a DE is when he starts thinking too much about what is coming.

Oh, and I think Brandon Jones is out.... Thank God
odoyle rules
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
  • Silky
  • Veteran
The Jaguars last 3 opponents were Kansas City, NY Jets, and Buffalo Bills. All teams with losing records and beat them by a combined 8 pts. Every "expert" is picking Jacksonville over us because they are riding a 3 game winning streak. None of the teams they beat are worth even mentioning in my opinion.
I truly feel if we come out in a spread and stay in it the whole game we will dominate them. I think most people here feel we are better than our record and are much better than those teams mentioned above.
[ Edited by ApatheticIAm on Nov 29, 2009 at 6:11 AM ]
Lets go Niners!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone