There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 7)

Originally posted by verb1der:
Are the Niners really that bad that some of you are giving them absolute ZERO chance to win this game?

I honestly feel that they have a chance to shock the world.

I still think we have an edge, last week wasn't enough game film for Indy to figure Smith out, and half of the game film 2 years ago isn't even relevant anymore cause Alex Smith practically looks different right now in his technique and style. -It'll be a realistic, but also a modest performance on Smith's end.

Indy's biggest strategy will center around shutting Vernon Davis down into double coverage. I'm almost for certain they're going to put Bob Sanders & Kelvin Hayden on Vernon the entire game (that's how a lot of GREAT teams have been shutting dangerous tight-ends down this year with CB-SS packages -in single, double, or rotational coverages).

So in short terms, this is going to be Crabtree's biggest opportunity to dramatically extend his caliber of talent.
I can't believe how little faith most of you have. This isn't 04, 05, 06, 07, or even 08. We're not a bottom barrel team anymore. As as I'm concerned the niners are capable of beating any team at this point. Is it likely we will beat the Colts? No, but I am not going to throw in the towel like in years past. If Alex is as good as we think he might be, all bets are off.
Hell yea we will beat the colts......any given Sunday and this will be our Sunday. Alex smith is going to emerge as a worthy #1 pick.
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I won't say that I don't care if we lose, but whatever happens I hope Crabtree gets a 100 yards this Sunday!!!!

YEEEEE!!!!

That boy better get off in this game!
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
Are the Niners really that bad that some of you are giving them absolute ZERO chance to win this game?

They have a chance, they're going to be on the field. It's just they haven't performed well enough on Sundays to merit expectation to win. Sure, we WANT them to win of course. But after a while, reality hits you and you realize the Colts are the better overall team. I can't think of any position we're better than them in expect for MLB.

I suppose...the realist in me would definitely chalk this one up as a loss, it's just the "what if" factor...
I won't say that I don't care if we lose, but whatever happens I hope Crabtree gets a 100 yards this Sunday!!!!

He damn sure should have had close to 80 yds without that penalty ------ I can easily vision 100 yds.
niners-0

colts-135
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

I still think we have an edge, last week wasn't enough game film for Indy to figure Smith out, and half of the game film 2 years ago isn't even relevant anymore cause Alex Smith practically looks different right now in his technique and style. -It'll be a realistic, but also a modest performance on Smith's end.

Indy's biggest strategy will center around shutting Vernon Davis down into double coverage. I'm almost for certain they're going to put Bob Sanders & Kelvin Hayden on Vernon the entire game (that's how a lot of GREAT teams have been shutting dangerous tight-ends down this year with CB-SS packages -in single, double, or rotational coverages).

So in short terms, this is going to be Crabtree's biggest opportunity to dramatically extend his caliber of talent.

I agree...and if Alex Smith has truly emerged, and the o-line plays solid, the Colts will have to pick their poison - VD? Crabtree? Gore? Morgan? too many weapons.
wasn't Alex's first career start against the Colts?

hmmm.... funny.............
I smell a naked boot leg and Alex Smith runs it in 20 yards for the score!

someone post the gif!
Colts favs by -12

lol not surprised. there may be some playoff teams that i'd give two scores to against the Colts.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Colts favs by -12

lol not surprised. there may be some playoff teams that i'd give two scores to against the Colts.

Don't do it Fever I smell trap bet!!!
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Colts favs by -12

Don't do it Fever I smell trap bet!!!

......i never bet against the niners

I'm not saying the Colts aren't good, but the combined record of their opposition so far this year is 11-26. The first three games were the toughest. The last three were against tomato cans with a combined 2-17.
I guess I kinda feel how Alex did this past Sunday when he was thrown into the fire.... I have nothing to lose, I'm not expected to win, go out and do my best and hope the best pans out!!!

Not a terrible philosophy but Singletary will have them thinking they can win... which could happen with many outside factors needing to fall into place. Honestly if our offense is still clicking with Smith in there it will be a shootout at worst.

Hopefully fun to watch at least. I WANT a win but am just a realist especially in Indy!!!