LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 2 [Home Opener])

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Key to the seattle seachickens offense..he could be a problem most likely..gotta stop him first
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Seriously though, i think this is a game that we should all expect to win.

There isn't a team in the division that scares us. Any given Sunday.

This upcoming game will give us a better indication of what may be consistent problems (o-line??) and what was just a one off performance anomaly.

-9fA

I was very worried about Seattle coming into the season, but I agree, this is a game that we should be very confident about. The Seahawks struggled early against the Rams, and while we shouldn't take them lightly, we should also remember that they have a new head coach and a lot of players, including Hasselbeck, coming back from injuries.

We have flaws, but so do they. And we're at home, in front of a justifiably electrified crowd. We have to address our problems because they'll work on theirs, but yes, starting the season with the two toughest opponents in our division is a major test that will tell us a lot.

Agreed. Their front 7 is very underrated with Tatupu, Curry and Kerney and I think will create problems for us when we try to run against them.

We play this game at home which is what I think gives us the edge. I'm actually not too worried about their offense. Nobody scares me THAT much as say Fitz and Boldin.

-9fA

at least they dont got a beast like dockett in the middle of the line. that dude while i hate him is a beast. that tackle for loss while he was getting doubled was crazy

I watched that play again. He wasn't getting doubled, he took an inside move and Baas was pulling and ran straight into Snyder's block.

Our O-line seemed very confused with the trapping scheme we ran.

We should just block straight on, like on Gores touchdown run.

I can't understand the devotion to this pulling scheme. The plays develop too slowly.

I rewatched to study the OL and DL and we seemed to pull our Guards almost every play. Mostly Baas and he was always too slow to pull and it seemed like it wasn't working. Why not block straight on?
Originally posted by King49er:
2-0
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Home Opener

f**k THE SEAHAWKS
Let's Keep Shaun's undefeated at home streak alive...........

GO NINERS!!!!!!!!
I think we will come out & throw more to start the game next week to establish more of a rythm on offense. I'm ready for this game already.
haha one of them saying our offense just as good as stLouis , haha what a joke, bulger = hill Steven jackson gore, ok so far, but then we go to WRs, bruce morgan > i don't even know anybody stlouis got.

http://forums.seattletimes.nwsource.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=152504

dang seahag fans talk more s**t than zona fans lol

[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Sep 14, 2009 at 17:52:17 ]
nothing would make me happier then to just destroy the seacocks on sunday.

i really think we have a good chance at blowing them out if we open up the passing game a bit more.

thoughts?
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
haha one of them saying our offense just as good as stLouis , haha what a joke, bulger = hill Steven jackson gore, ok so far, but then we go to WRs, bruce morgan > i don't even know anybody stlouis got.

someone said Curry is better than Willis

Curry is better than the best LB in the league?............................

I can't f**king WAIT for this game... and I'm gonna be there
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Seriously though, i think this is a game that we should all expect to win.

There isn't a team in the division that scares us. Any given Sunday.

This upcoming game will give us a better indication of what may be consistent problems (o-line??) and what was just a one off performance anomaly.

-9fA

I was very worried about Seattle coming into the season, but I agree, this is a game that we should be very confident about. The Seahawks struggled early against the Rams, and while we shouldn't take them lightly, we should also remember that they have a new head coach and a lot of players, including Hasselbeck, coming back from injuries.

We have flaws, but so do they. And we're at home, in front of a justifiably electrified crowd. We have to address our problems because they'll work on theirs, but yes, starting the season with the two toughest opponents in our division is a major test that will tell us a lot.

Agreed. Their front 7 is very underrated with Tatupu, Curry and Kerney and I think will create problems for us when we try to run against them.

We play this game at home which is what I think gives us the edge. I'm actually not too worried about their offense. Nobody scares me THAT much as say Fitz and Boldin.

-9fA

at least they dont got a beast like dockett in the middle of the line. that dude while i hate him is a beast. that tackle for loss while he was getting doubled was crazy

I watched that play again. He wasn't getting doubled, he took an inside move and Baas was pulling and ran straight into Snyder's block.

Our O-line seemed very confused with the trapping scheme we ran.

We should just block straight on, like on Gores touchdown run.

I can't understand the devotion to this pulling scheme. The plays develop too slowly.

I rewatched to study the OL and DL and we seemed to pull our Guards almost every play. Mostly Baas and he was always too slow to pull and it seemed like it wasn't working. Why not block straight on?

Because that would be more effective. I say block how we blocked in preseason. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Originally posted by King49er:
2-0
Originally posted by LBCniner:
If we can handle fitzgerald AND boldin, then we can definately handle houshmanzadeh and branch

+1

Me 2.

I'm actually glad the Seahawks whooped the Rams. Overconfidence can be a b***h. No way they come in here and win.

• iohk
  • Veteran
if we get pressure, hasselbeck doesnt have a chance
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Me 2.

I'm actually glad the Seahawks whooped the Rams. Overconfidence can be a b***h. No way they come in here and win.

seahawks fans are 1 of the dumbest fan base around. they swear every player on their team s**ts gold. that really pisses me off after 1 gm an idiot says curry is better than willis, shows you how dumb they are. damn i hope we win this gm in convincingly fashion
Share 49ersWebzone