There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON)

I just want to see the starters come out & play good.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Sometimes I want to pick up my monitor and shake it

you don't want to give Arizona game tape to study before you play them

Yeah..that's it

thats exaclty it.

It very well may be the case. It's still stupid. Preseason games is nothing more than practice versus other competition. The fact teams don't practice MOST of their plays during preseason just don't make much sense to me. I mean seriously, by being vanilla. You take away 4 "practices" from your team. Just so you can get an edge for the 1st game?

Cause after the 1st game everyone's going to have tape. All teams do is waste an opportunity to work on things. Then wonder why they struggle out of the gate.

Exactly To be honest I don't think they have showed them yet b/c they are just implementing them. I really think Manusky and Sing thought these guys were gonna get it done. Look at there reactions about the pass rush after every game. Know it's all about scheme when in reality it's all about players. And even if they were being vanilla that just proves that our players aren't good enough to beat the competition's players in one on one situations. I mean not one time this pre season has a defender beat his man and got a sack. That's sad. Our front 7 minus Smith, and the 2 ILB's would all be bench players for every other 3-4 team in the NFL.
Just want to see us win & come out healthy!
Looks like Hill will take 10-12 snaps then Nate Davis will finish out the game. Sings keeping Alex out due to the thumb but said if it were reg season he'd be good to go.

Per MM.
With Alex Smith out vs SD it means Nate Davis will just about play the whole game against the Chargers. Really looking forward to watching him play more but the game will be blacked out, right?
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
With Alex Smith out vs SD it means Nate Davis will just about play the whole game against the Chargers. Really looking forward to watching him play more but the game will be blacked out, right?

Me want more!
Originally posted by ninertico:

Me want more!

x2
Looking forwarded to seeing more of Nate Davis
The game is only blacked out for people in San Diego, right?

And the surrounding area.
how do I find out when this will be on NFL Network?
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

And the surrounding area.

Thank God for CBS5. -This means I get to catch up on some episodes of Horseland before the broadcast... oh damn... that's only on Saturdays.

Well... now I'm officially bummed.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Pass Block
CONVERT 3rd Downs
Pass Rush
Tighten up Coverage
GET A SACK
For the love of God can we have a TD drive with Hill

Get a 3rd and short and stop a 3rd and short. Other then that, you nailed it.
Originally posted by FederalAgent49:
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
Originally posted by FederalAgent49:
if this game is blacked-out will i still be able to watch it online via....tvuplayer or channelsurfing.....? i would like to watch one more miserable 1st drive by our offense.

You should be able to, even with it blacked out, I am a faithful 49er fan living in Louisiana and I have watched the first 3. Just google 49ers chargers live stream and you should find something, just be careful what webites you go to with something like that.

the 1st three games were not blacked out. they said that there are like 7000 plus tickets still not sold for the game friday and they were expecting a blackout.

If I understand the rules correctly the blackout only goes for 75 miles from the site of the game, therefore live streams from san francisco should be unaffected but streams from san diego will be blacked out.
Can wait to see and hear more great coverage from O'Donnell and Eric Davis