LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. OAKLAND RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Back away from the bottle, my friends.

Davis is competing against a ton of guys who will not be employed by the Raiders in about three weeks, not against an All-Pro CB and a group of starters.

The Raiders pass defense was 9th in the NFL in pass defense in 2008, so comparing our first team QB playing against a very good Raiders' starting pass defense with Davis facing a group of third and fourth stringers is unrealistic.

King of trash time, king of trash time. That's all.

I don't care. He performed against who he was playing against as oppose to Alex's whopping 4.2 passing rating in a preseason game.

The competition he is playing against means everything. Davis is competing against a bunch of guys who are not going to be in the league soon. There is a big difference between Nate Clements and Word-Daniels, right?

Quit it with the condescension already, no one is seriously calling for him to start or calling him a pro bowler. It's just nice to see the kid flash some talent, and when we see that we feel like he can develop over the next couple of years into a pretty good QB. At least that's what we hope. Why don't you step down off your high horse for a little while and be a fan.

too bad it didn't count
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by TEXAS49ER69:
This is what they mean by ramming it down their throats......running game baby....smashmouth......

Maybe this is the reason that Cable broke the D-Line coaches jaw.

lol is it just me or does mckillop look like the guy that played rudy
Originally posted by cortana49:

Davis is competing against a ton of guys who will not be employed by the Raiders in about three weeks, not against an All-Pro CB and a group of starters.

The Raiders pass defense was 9th in the NFL in pass defense in 2008, so comparing our first team QB playing against a very good Raiders' starting pass defense with Davis facing a group of third and fourth stringers is unrealistic.

I don't care. He performed against who he was playing against as oppose to Alex's whopping 4.2 passing rating in a preseason game.

The competition he is playing against means everything. Davis is competing against a bunch of guys who are not going to be in the league soon. There is a big difference between Nate Clements and Word-Daniels, right?

Quit it with the condescension already, no one is seriously calling for him to start or calling him a pro bowler. It's just nice to see the kid flash some talent, and when we see that we feel like he can develop over the next couple of years into a pretty good QB. At least that's what we hope. Why don't you step down off your high horse for a little while and be a fan.

Word, it seems like you are just looking for the chance to tell people to not be excited over someone, like you feel better about yourself or something.
i wanted to see mckillop hurdle that guy, show that white boys can jump
Originally posted by crzy:
Dammit it was a penalty. That was awesome.

Niners really have handed it to the Raiders tonight. We should be ahead by a couple of touchdowns.
GO DEFENSE!!!! McKillop sure has a nose for the ball. Future starter along P.Willie!!! Looks like management is finnaly doing a nice job in finding players that can compete and contribute and its nice to see our young players playing well
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

The truth is, if he was a worth a s**t (nate) he SHOULD be doing what he was doing tonight, and he did, against the level of talent that he was facing. You gotta give credit for meeting his first milestone.
  • zero
  • Veteran
for those that care, Rockies are killing the Giants now

Originally posted by zero:

might need a game winning drive from the kid...
Originally posted by norcal49er864:
Originally posted by cortana49:

Word, it seems like you are just looking for the chance to tell people to not be excited over someone, like you feel better about yourself or something.

MadDog: you're wrong dude. theres nothing wrong with giving props to a player for doing well. you're thinking about this a little too much
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by zero:

Damn.
Share 49ersWebzone